Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Oct 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #542 of 1,238
I have been enjoying the show...The HD audio feed it amazing and on the HD650's I keep turning around thinking someone has walked into my office!  
tongue.gif

I wish they had some way to label the equipment and to see the gear on the right side of the room with the Torii...

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #544 of 1,238
^ I just bet those monoblocs do sound good!

Were I not already completely happy with my power amp, I'd be seriously tempted.

Just out of curiousity, what kinds of DACs are we Decware owners using with our gear? Does choice of DAC figure large in the final sound, or do we not care that much because these amps give so many tube-rolling options?

Interested in others' thoughts and experiences...

(I'm asking because I can't decide whether to go for some sort of 'top-performing' DAC and whether it would really make enough difference to matter. Both my Stagedac and Eastern Electric seem good enough it would need either serious cash or serious innovation - a la Schiit Gungnir or statement perhaps?? - to make a meaningful difference...)

Btw AA, we expect a full report about Zenfest 
wink_face.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #545 of 1,238
I just rolled a USAF-596 rectifier into both my CSP2+ and Taboo and I am getting absolutely beautiful sound out of my system.  At first, they were a little lean and brittle but I burned them in around 60 hours and swapped out the Amperex 6Dj8's I was using for some vintage 6N1P's and everything just came alive. 

Aidee.  I am also using an EE Minimax and really don't feel a need to change.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel like I should leave my system alone now and just enjoy it.  I'd better lie down until this feeling passes.....................

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #546 of 1,238
Good question about DAC's Aidee. I have really enjoyed my Dac Magic Plus. I would rather buy a Taboo or a Rachel rather than $1500 on a W4S2 or something like it.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #547 of 1,238
Hey Aidee, 
I use an AVA vision dac  with my mini torii and this week i am getting the anedio d2. has a very nice analog sound with the mini torii thru the trap speakers.

enjoy the music everyone :)

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #548 of 1,238
Really appreciate the replies everyone 
beerchug.gif

Yep, my system sounds so good just as it is, it's hard to think why I would need to change anything as major as the DAC. Your feedback so far backs this up.

That said, looking forward to your impressions of the D2 tink!

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #549 of 1,238
I had a W4S Dac 2 and audiophileo2 before I got the CSP2+ & Taboo.  I'm quite content, but nothing to compare it to either.  

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #550 of 1,238
Its been a while since I looked at the manual and set up my CSP2+ and TABOO.  Yes I have the input to the TABOO connected to  the fixed RCA jacks.  I keep the volume knob on the Taboo turned all the way up, for some reason.  My DAC is the Schitt BITFROST.  It doesn't have a dedicated dac for each channel like their higher end dacs, but hey, I get my music off my iPhone and iPure at this time.  I am watching the DECWARE 2012 ZenFest.  Wish I was there!!  Lemme c, speakers $4800.  Mono amps $11,400.  Phono preamp, TT, cartridge, tonearm, and then albums.  I will always have something to look forward too, or dream of.  BTW I am very happy with the economical tube amps I have now.  Love the sound.  

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #551 of 1,238
I have been watching it too. Maybe next year. it is only 9 hours away....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #553 of 1,238
I will add a Wisconsin contingent..

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #554 of 1,238
Quote:
There are people from all over. I talked with some from MO, IN, OH, KY, PA and FL.
It is always the first full weekend in October so maybe next year.

Are you auditioning any Decware to bring home? What Decware are you using now? This new Torii Monos look really sweet.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #555 of 1,238
Are you auditioning any Decware to bring home? What Decware are you using now? This new Torii Monos look really sweet.

I don't have any current equipment but I met Steve before Head-fi even existed when he repaired some speakers. I am less than an hour away and have tried to visit occassionally to see what he has going on. The new monoblocs are very intriquing as they probably are the first production item that could drive my Legacy Audio speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back