DEAL ALERT: Monster Turbine Pro Copper @ Dell.com (NOW NOT AVAILABLE AS OF 3-17-10)
Apr 3, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #436 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by holeinmywallet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speaking of pfe grey silicons tips, what size do you guys use? they come in three sizes. not sure if i should go ahead and order the medium

The medium grey pfe silicons are slightly smaller than the larger single flange stock tip. So, maybe that gives you an idea of how to size them. Both the larger single flange and the medium grey pfe fit my ears, despite the slight size difference.

Go for a slightly shallow, yet sealed insertion. I usually take the housing and gently lift it the whole thing upwards in my ear, breaking the seal for a moment and equalizing any pressure, then as I release the housing, the earphone returns to the sealed position.

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #437 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the comply tips eat the treble and bloat the bass.

They are the worst sounding tip.

Lucozade likes the triple flanges best. A lot of people like the pfe grey silicons (they have a balanced, airy sound, so if you feel like the stock tips are dark sounding, go with these) from Audéo - Perfect Fit Earphones, the auvio radioshack tips are easy to insert and have an interesting, open, yet present sound. The sony hybrids fit, as do the senn double flanges.

You can even fit the klipsch gels, with a little patience.

@ kunlun how you doing ? .yes thats right about the comply tips,i hate those on eny iem, they kill the treble and increase and muddy the bass.Not tryed klipsch tips on the monsters ,i may try them ,but im thinking they will make the sound too thin maybe

Yes i still like the triple flange on the coppers best, but its weird that on the golds i prefure the small standard silicon tip.
Im now also using the monster large triple flange on the ie8, sounds pretty good and gives the ie8 better decent isolation and a secure fit
tongue_smile.gif

i still like the coppers the best though.

Apr 3, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #438 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ kunlun how you doing ? .yes thats right about the comply tips,i hate those on eny iem, they kill the treble and increase and muddy the bass.Not tryed klipsch tips on the monsters ,i may try them ,but im thinking they will make the sound too thin maybe

Yes i still like the triple flange on the coppers best, but its weird that on the golds i prefure the small standard silicon tip.
Im now also using the monster large triple flange on the ie8, sounds pretty good and gives the ie8 better decent isolation and a secure fit
tongue_smile.gif

i still like the coppers the best though.

@lucozade I'm good. Spring has sprung this weekend in NYC and it's very nice.

I've been trying the triple flange on your recommendation. Actually, they are quite nice. I've been thinking about the senn double flanges you thought were nice. Maybe the Q-jays' tips if I can figure out how to pick some up.

I've been sorta thinking that tips trade a bit of spaciousness for a bit of richness or thickness of sound. Like the pfe's are a bit airy but on some tracks slightly thinner than the rubber/gel supertips, it seems to me.
I remember the klipsch sounding on the thicker side of that (the hole is smaller than the nozzle, so things are maybe condensed a little. Could be really good, if one's taste lean that way. Soozieq used them more than I did, I think.

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #439 of 467
@ kunlun, So spring has spung in new york city ha,those warm spring nights is when cats go out mating. lol :) I Think ive got the small senn double flange tips on the ortos at the moment ,im going to have them in my ears tomorrow,i can't remember ,if you have the ortos?

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #440 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ kunlun, So spring has spung in new york city ha,those warm spring nights is when cats go out mating. lol :) I Think ive got the small senn double flange tips on the ortos at the moment ,im going to have them in my ears tomorrow,i can't remember ,if you have the ortos?

Ah yes, "springtime is lovetime and viva sweet love".

I don't have the ortos, but rawster and I will be hanging out and I'll have a chance to listen to his set then. Looking forward to it!

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #441 of 467
looks like my pair is finally coming in today.

decided to call dell for the tracking after being lazy and not caring about the order.

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #442 of 467
so i got my pair and at first i thought they were horrible compared to my RE0s. sound was dull and sorta quiet compared to the RE0s.
and that was after toying with all the horrible tips they provided.

so what i did was took the stock RE0 biflange tips i use and put them on the Coppers. boy did that make a difference. these sound great and definitely better than RE0s outta the box.

anyway, just got them so i'm gonna continue listening before i give impressions. gotta get some better tips though; dell provided a bunch of different tips but theyre all terrible. even the supertips ive heard people mention just killed the sound for whatever reason.

lastly, where can i get good biflange tips like the ones that come stock with the RE0s? i feel biflanges give me the best fit compared to anything i put in my ears.

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #443 of 467
My Turbine Coppers should be with me by the 15th of April after redirection from GFC, but I am not going to keep them because I bought some MD's on eBay. If anyone wants them, PM me and I'll sell them you. I'll ship worldwide.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #445 of 467
just call them and ask for the tracking #.
they never provided me with a # on the site so i called this morning to ask for one; today being the day i received mine.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #446 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just call them and ask for the tracking #.
they never provided me with a # on the site so i called this morning to ask for one; today being the day i received mine.

Thanks Max.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #447 of 467
The supertips are the white foam ones right? I also thought those gel filled ones were called supertips. The pamphlet that comes with it and describe the tips don't seem up to date with what it ships with. It comes with lots of different types and sizes of tips, much more than described in the pamphlet.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #449 of 467
Apr 5, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #450 of 467
Mine were delivered this morning, and I've been listening to them almost non-stop for the past 4.5 hours. I'm using the 2nd largest white super tips (mine came w/ 4 different sizes of the super tips). First hour or two & these really opened up; they were a bit constricted at first. Early indications for me are that my ESW9's won't be getting much play going forward. I am happy my patience paid-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back