DEAL ALERT: Monster Turbine Pro Copper @ Dell.com (NOW NOT AVAILABLE AS OF 3-17-10)
Apr 5, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #451 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the gel ones are the supertips. white are the hybrid foam supertips.

Monster Cable foam hybrid SuperTip on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

are the supertips the hard gel ones or the softer ones? or am i stupid and the harder ones arent even gel?

anyway, the medium soft gel ones that dell provided seem to be the only tips that can compare to the biflanges for me.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #452 of 467
With a tiny bit of patience, I managed to get the Shure grey silicones on the Copper Pros. Great seal, great sound. I use the large. I don't have to push them in far at all, and I get essentially a "suction" seal.

I'm very impressed with the Copper Pros. I think I like them better than my UM3x's. Better highs, with the same depth of bass. Excellent with rock.

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #453 of 467
In what ways would you say the ie8 is better than the monster pro copper. And what ways is the copper pro better than the ie8.

Is the midrange on the copper just as smooth as the ie8 with equal or better detail and forwardness?

Is the bass just as strong too?

Where is the best deal I can find the coppers at?

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #454 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the supertips the hard gel ones or the softer ones? or am i stupid and the harder ones arent even gel?

anyway, the medium soft gel ones that dell provided seem to be the only tips that can compare to the biflanges for me.

Actually, the hard gel ones must be the supertips and the soft ones you think are gel aren't even gel, just rubber tips.

These headphones don't seem to go that deep into the ear, I have a bit of trouble getting them far in as the cord then gets in the way.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #455 of 467
Well, just read my shipping email from Dell, hope to receive these by Wednesday. I'm travelling for a few more weeks, but can't wait to hear them. My MTP Golds continue to be my reference for now.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #456 of 467
Man i'm sorta going back to RE0s everytime i try to compare the two. It seems that, except for bass, the Monsters arent really any better.

I guess the opinion that RE0s are godly for the cost is true.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #457 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man i'm sorta going back to RE0s everytime i try to compare the two. It seems that, except for bass, the Monsters arent really any better.

I guess the opinion that RE0s are godly for the cost is true.

I kinda hear what you're saying.. vocals seem smoother on the RE0's but maybe it's because of the more forward mids and large amount of bass from the coppers.. I dunno.. oh, and does anyone else have hippo VB's along with coppers? The coppers seem to equal my VB's in bass with much more impact and punch... i thought coppers were supposed to be more neutral than what I'm hearing or maybe I'm just so used to the RE0's lack of bass... lol

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #458 of 467
Well, well, well-looky here. After 3 1/2 weeks my Coppers arrive according to the updated schedule. The installed black tips weren't quite right but one of the white ones seems fine for now.
Construction appears to be well done and already I like the sound stage as compared to SE530. Bass is boomy and I hope that aspect tightens up but I do appreciate the extra bass for what I'm using these for (live Jam Band).
My only initial complaint is that it's difficult to determine R from L.

Oh . . . found the red ring so no initial complaints after all
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #460 of 467
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #461 of 467
My Coppers arrived this morning, ordered on the 13th. Good impression so far (currently pairing with Sony S series DAP, unamped. ) and expecting slight improvement over time.

Large sound stage and tight bass, just as the way I like it. Mids and highs seems to be a little "sharp". And I'm hopping it tammed down a bit during "burning in". Its bass made my Denon C700, sounds muddy. I'm planing to replace the C700 with this MTPC as it seems to be an improvement just out of the box. Larger sound stage, I hear more details in the music.

I'm currently using one of the white tips as I found them most comfortable and sounds great. They are also compatible with the Sony EX tips that are my favorite and get used to on the C700. The Sony tips are cheap, widely available, comfortable, seals and sounds great.

Before this, when I hear of the name Monster, I stayed and ran far away from their products. :). But the reviews on this board and other places really convinced me to give it a second chance and have not yet disappointed. I would not pay the $380 regular price for this MTPC. Even with this deal, I still think they're overpriced, at least compare to the sound and the value my C700 giving me.

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #462 of 467
Well well well, my Coppers just arrived from Dell which is great and still a bit surprising. Unfortunately I am on an extended business trip and won't be able to use these for more than a few weeks, but I'm glad Dell came through.

Given the recent price changes at Dell, Headroom, and other vendors, it seems as if the Dell deal tipped Monster into an across-the-board minimum pricing level for approved vendors. Everyone is selling MTPCs now for $379.99, when before they were $180-$250. It seems Head-Fiers' enthusiasm (mine included) for the Dell deal may have changed prices everywhere.

I'm just wondering...

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #463 of 467
Mine were scheduled for to be delivered 5/7, and I got them yesterday. Woohoo! I scoffed when I heard monster was supposedly making high end IEMs, but I got a chance to listen to these at an airport kiosk, and it's the first headphone in a long time to make me say "wow" out loud. I went home and took advantage of the deal. When I got my pair, my first impression was BOOM BOOM BOOM, but they are (or my brain is) breaking in. The bass is a lot more tame and they are so articulate, it's wonderful. For better or worse, the experience is much more like listening to my paradigm full size speakers than either my triple-fi 10 pro, or my corda amped HD600s. Also, I'm a sucker for things made out of metal. Thanks for the deal tip.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #464 of 467
My Copper just arrived from Dell today (with 5 pairs of white Super-tips).

1. Is it really a product of Monster? Can't believe it.
2. I regret I only ordered one pair!

I am a owner of IE8, TF10 and HD25-1 II. The Copper really surprises me. Thank you guys for the deal alert. It is a steal. Period.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #465 of 467
I have to agree with the positive reviews. At first I wasn't sure about them, but the more I listen to them, the better they seem to get. I'd like to do some A/B comparisons with my ER-4 to get a better feel for the differences when I get time, but so far I'm loving the Coppers. So from me, too: Thanks for the deal alert! I think the Coppers are easily proving to be worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back