Dapper Digital Audio Player sync utility for Mac released on the App Store.
Jan 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #46 of 67
Jeremy,

Having a bit of an issue with speed on Syncing the X7, have you seen any problems?

I'm on the latest app store build of dapper and have a 128 gig card in the X7, am on FW 1.5 and using a 2015 macbook pro with USB 3 port. 113GB to sync across internal and external, I started it at about 22:30 last night (UK time) and at 18:00 today it's still got an hour to go and is at 96%. I'm sure it should be faster right?

Cheers,

Kevin

You could simply quit and restart the player. It won't sync it all over

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #48 of 67
Actually I'm not sure what is going on as the sync finished (with no errors) and all the time it was syncing I could see files on the card if I opened it to look on my mac. But now the card is empty. Hmmmm, hopefully the card has not died on me!

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #52 of 67
What kind and size is it?

It's a Sandisk Ultra 128GB, it was working fine with Dapper in the X5ii. 

Just tried syncing one 350MB playlist to the card and I see 0 tracks when I look at the card through the Fiio music app on the X7, when I look in ES File Explorer all I see is files and folders with weird names (junk basically) If i format the card in the X7 or on my Mac they just keep coming back.

I have a 64GB card so I will try that one too.

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #54 of 67
The X7 speed tends to vary with what its doing. It reports transfer speed as it copies:

At the beginning of a transfer I see 0.59MB/s and after its done whatever Androidy stuff it needs to do in the background (about 3 minutes in)  I see this jump:
Xferred - Speed of last song
400MB - 2.53MB/s
740MB - 3.53MB/s
818MB - 3.64MB/s
1018MB-3.97MB/s
1GB      -4.23MB/s

Looks to me that over the course of copying a Gig or two its going to be topping out at 4.8MB/s... (MegaBytes per second)

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #57 of 67
V2.31 is on the App store - it fixes some minor bugs and adds support for the AppleScript to run before playlists are transferred, but the goal of that - to fix character issues - isn't done yet. Dapper kicks out perfectly formatted m3u8 UTF8 encoded playlists but the Fiio X5II and X7 seem not to like them. Working with FiiO to figure out why.

For others, I'm looking at support for playlist folders as a next big item.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #58 of 67
All,

After an afternoon of tweaking, I have a version of Dapper that will now pay attention to nested playlists in iTunes. If you have playlists set to be saved in a folder as in the config below:

(Note that we have "save playlists only" set - which means Dapper only overwrites and does not delete "old" playlists. We do this because we don't want to delete playlists you may have made on your device. This means you may want to delete just the playlists before using this new version, in order to keep things cleaned up)

All this said, if you have the following in iTunes:

We will respect the hierarchy and save the following to the DAP:

I need testers though.... and some feedback.

The only caveat at the moment is that you can't have duplicate playlist names - the way iTunes stores the data makes keeping track of dupes a lot more difficult.

https://www.map-pin.com/sparkle/Dapper/DapperBeta.zip

:p It works fantastic for me, I cannot believe I didn't do this before!

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #59 of 67
Dapper Review 4.5/5.0 stars

1) Dapper is an amazing, easy to use tool for syncing iTunes music to one's DAP which in my case is a Fiio X7.
2) In the newest version, before you load your music, there are simple instructions for how to use the program.
3) Syncing can take a while, a little longer than if you just transfer the files directly to the MicroSD card BUT all your ALBUM ART is also transferred with playlists!!! When one rips their CDs into iTunes, iTunes will usually download album art for it but iTunes does not put the art into the music files so if you transfer these files directly to your MicroSD you not have the art.
4) X7 does not support syncing of playlists. I am an extensive user of playlist user in iTunes as I have >13,000 songs. This function is vital/essential.
5) Dapper has bridged iTunes and my X7. I cannot recommend it enough.
6) Jeremy the author is incredibly responsive and cares alot about his app. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #60 of 67
Version 2.32 has been submitted to Apple.
It includes the capability to sync playlist folders, and handles duplicate playlist names. (Eg two folders, each with the same name playlist inside)
Its also available now on www.map-pin.com

In progress: Version 2.33, which I am combing for bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back