Dapper Digital Audio Player sync utility for Mac released on the App Store.
Feb 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #31 of 67
I have a couple of suggestions/issues with Dapper that maybe you could help me with or at least help me understand, Jeremy.

1.  I also have an issue that if iTunes is started and Dapper isn't, when I use spotlight to launch Dapper it shows up in the background on the Desktop.  I think this also happens when you launch it from the notification bar.  I wonder if the behavior is different if launched from the dock?

2.  Is the reason that my playlists don't appear in the [Browse Files] folder on the X1 because they're not supposed to?   I'm guessing that Dapper parses the iTunes XML by looking for Dapper_ and then copies related media and creates its own M3U playlist.  That M3U playlist is dropped on the X1 someplace but since playlist support on the X1 is broken I'm not seeing it.  Is that right? From what you said originally, I thought that Dapper renamed the playlists from iTunes beginning with Dapper_ and I should see them in [Browse Files].  I'm only seeing the files copied... the lists are not to be found on my X1.

Also, when I have "Never delete any files on the DAP" checked it does exactly that.  It makes for a messy music situation on my DAP.  Is there a way to have Dapper manage the playlists you delete while not touching any of the music Dapper wasn't responsible for in the first place?   So when I remove a dapper playlist from iTunes can Dapper remove the associated tracks?  I realize this would require Dapper to maintain a copy of the necessary XML and be aware the playlist was removed...

Anyway, I look forward to your response when/if you have time.

Cheers,

A

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #32 of 67
  I have a couple of suggestions/issues with Dapper that maybe you could help me with or at least help me understand, Jeremy.

1.  I also have an issue that if iTunes is started and Dapper isn't, when I use spotlight to launch Dapper it shows up in the background on the Desktop.  I think this also happens when you launch it from the notification bar.  I wonder if the behavior is different if launched from the dock?

2.  Is the reason that my playlists don't appear in the [Browse Files] folder on the X1 because they're not supposed to?   I'm guessing that Dapper parses the iTunes XML by looking for Dapper_ and then copies related media and creates its own M3U playlist.  That M3U playlist is dropped on the X1 someplace but since playlist support on the X1 is broken I'm not seeing it.  Is that right? From what you said originally, I thought that Dapper renamed the playlists from iTunes beginning with Dapper_ and I should see them in [Browse Files].  I'm only seeing the files copied... the lists are not to be found on my X1.

Also, when I have "Never delete any files on the DAP" checked it does exactly that.  It makes for a messy music situation on my DAP.  Is there a way to have Dapper manage the playlists you delete while not touching any of the music Dapper wasn't responsible for in the first place?   So when I remove a dapper playlist from iTunes can Dapper remove the associated tracks?  I realize this would require Dapper to maintain a copy of the necessary XML and be aware the playlist was removed...

Anyway, I look forward to your response when/if you have time.

Cheers,

A

Hi,

1... When Dapper initially started it asked if you wanted it to show in the Dock or not. If you elect Yes, then its more "up front" than a background process.
2... Can you see the playlists when you plug in the DAP and look for the file itself using OS X? If so, then your X1 needs an update. if not, we have a dapper issue and I can help you on support.map-pin.com
3... Not the way its set up right now, I am afraid.

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #33 of 67
1... When Dapper initially started it asked if you wanted it to show in the Dock or not. If you elect Yes, then its more "up front" than a background process.

OK, well, I can find it so I'm not that worried about it being in the background.

2... Can you see the playlists when you plug in the DAP and look for the file itself using OS X? If so, then your X1 needs an update. if not, we have a dapper issue and I can help you on support.map-pin.com

No, I cannot.  I couldn't see it with 1.1 and I can't see it with the beta firmware 1.22 either.

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #34 of 67

Hi, Madaracs

Make sure you're on the latest version (3246) by going and grabbing a copy now
Lets have you click the Utilities tab in Dapper and select "Clear Database" in order to have Dapper clear its cache and sync again.
Then look via OS X not he card and see if you see the lists. If not, please go to support.map-pin.com and I can help you much better there.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #35 of 67
Updated.  It says build 3244 though.

Got the latest v2.14 3246 from support.map-pin.com.

Playlists seemed to work better in 3244 from the X1 device.  They stopped working in my Ford's Sync application...  I'll play around with the new version and post on  support.map-pin.com if I've got issues.

Thanks for your help.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #36 of 67
Just in case anyone is reading this thread:

Ford Sync requires M3U playlists to be in the root directory of the device.  So if you're using Dapper you cannot choose to put all of the Dapper playlists and/or files into a specific folder.  If you do, playlists may show up on your Ford Sync but they will appear to contain "0" (zero) files and will not be playable.

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #37 of 67
Hey Jeremy,

Do you think there is any way to get Dapper working with the new AK JR? I'd love to be able to sync my iTunes playlists with it using Dapper. Happy to provide any info you might need to get it running :)

Cheers,

Kevin

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #38 of 67
Jeremy
Thanks for the program.  I just bought the Fiio X3 2nd gen and got most of my files on the card in a reasonable time.  I am frustrated by the play lists.  I found them from the browse files menu.  Is there a work around you make.  Should I drop the files into a "playlist" folder manually from my Macbook?
Thanks.  
Brent

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #39 of 67
Is it possible to use Dapper if I do not use iTunes? (e.g. I use JRiver and Audirvana, both of which consume and export m3u playlists, just not the ones that my darn Fiio X5 understands!)

Why not just use iTunes? Biggest issue - No flac, no DSD

Aug 1, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #40 of 67
Hi - I love your app - it's great!

Is there a way to edit the way Dapper adds files to your DAP? To decrease the menu lag on the system, the X5ii is better organised with sub folders A-Z - but if I do it manually it messes up the playlists. Any way around this?

Cheers!

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #42 of 67
Is it possible to use Dapper if I do not use iTunes? (e.g. I use JRiver and Audirvana, both of which consume and export m3u playlists, just not the ones that my darn Fiio X5 understands!)

Why not just use iTunes? Biggest issue - No flac, no DSD

I would need to look at both those apps to see how they save those lists and what the differences are.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #43 of 67
I would need to look at both those apps to see how they save those lists and what the differences are.

Happy to provide you with lists from either/both. Just PM me.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #45 of 67
Jeremy,

Having a bit of an issue with speed on Syncing the X7, have you seen any problems?

I'm on the latest app store build of dapper and have a 128 gig card in the X7, am on FW 1.5 and using a 2015 macbook pro with USB 3 port. 113GB to sync across internal and external, I started it at about 22:30 last night (UK time) and at 18:00 today it's still got an hour to go and is at 96%. I'm sure it should be faster right?

Cheers,

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back