Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
May 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #46 of 616
Hello bonem,
Please do, I am very eager to see the iems and also to hear your impressions of them so far.

Can I also ask if you have any more photos of the reshelled es3. I really do find that they look very nice.

Kind regards

May 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #47 of 616
Pictures please!!

I am pretty excited about this. I am putting serious thought into doing this after my warranty is up. And for 500 bucks it'll give me some time to get my funds in order =)

Another question: they come with custom cables as well?

May 25, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #50 of 616
Just orderded a upgraded SF5Pro. HE said that he would place one more bass driver and somehow it they will sound like UE5Pro. So I will take one for the team and try the SF5Pro upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif
Will tell you how it is. If everything goes well,.. I will consider gettin another mold for my um3x
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #51 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just orderded a upgraded SF5Pro. HE said that he would place one more bass driver and somehow it they will sound like UE5Pro. So I will take one for the team and try the SF5Pro upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif
Will tell you how it is. If everything goes well,.. I will consider gettin another mold for my um3x
biggrin.gif

Now I am the one who can't wait for you custom UM3X!

May 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #53 of 616
I am sending them off my triple fis to get the fit and the new driver, ue11s for 190 dollars, oh yes!!! I'll keep you informed as to the results but I hate the fit at the moment so any improvement on that would be a plus for me!!

May 27, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #55 of 616
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that their "in-house" custom, the "aero", is actually based on a triple.fi that they purchase and then cannabilize for the components of the custom. Supposedly those that have heard it say that it sounds like a UE...

It may explain the higher cost of the "aero" relative to the custom molding of universal IEM's, which is much more reasonable in price.

The triple.fi option of having it re-molded with an additional mid-range driver sounds tempting. The triple.fi costs less than the other triple drivers, like the UM3X and the W3. Also with the main criticism of that earphone being the sucked out mid-range.

One thing that's interesting about their pricey in-house custom is that it looks like it may use a fusion of acrylic and vinyl, like the ES3X, which would add to comfort. Not sure about that...most of this is conjecture on my part because there's so little good info about UM.

If I were ordering a re-mold from them, one of the questions I would ask is whether they separate the sound tubes within the ear canal portion. It looks as though they do it for the "aero", at least...

May 27, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #57 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
roy_jones, I'm intrigued by your vaste knowledge. Are you a professional in the IEM industry?

bonem, you just made my day, my friend...
bigsmile_face.gif

No, I find the technology fascinating, but I'm simply just obsessive about finding out all the options available where customs are concerned.

I'm prone to over-analyzing right now, as the two options I'm most intrigued by (the aero and the livewires3) are available, but there aren't any good reviews yet. As a result, I'm going overboard trying to figure out what I can off of very little information, as I'm looking to make a purchase ASAP...

At this point, I think I'd be more inclined to get a pair of triple.fi's made custom by UM (with the added mid driver), rather than go for the aeros...if I went for something from China.

Since I don't have a triple driver universal to be a doner for the custom, I'm thinking the Livewires are the more likely for me at this point.

May 27, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #58 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnstringer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to have my molds made today and then sending to have the custom molds and UE11 cables put on my E530s. Will keep everyone updated on mine as well.

looking forward to it
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #59 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,
I received my Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro a week ago. They have 4 drivers now since a mid driver was added to them.

How much did that cost?

May 27, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #60 of 616
Hi Guys,

I talked to Sam from UM and I decided to share with you guys some of the findings
smily_headphones1.gif

First of all, Sam is super cool! He took a long time explaining the upgrade of an additional driver to sounds like ES3 and UE10.

He mentioned that UE10 will be flatter, more treble energy and more soundstage, while ES3 will have better mids and a mid bass hump.(better for pop)

As for the ES cable vs UE cable, UE cable will provide more Sound Stage and and better high while ES cable will provide more forward mid and tighter bass. Of course... the difference will be very minimal and some won't even hear it.

Now I am eagerly waiting for my upgrade version (UE10like) and ES cable to arrive! Will let you guys know who they sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back