Crowd Design for iFi App!
Apr 20, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #16 of 120
I agree with Nick24JJ.

One of the feature I like in Qudelix 5K App is that it tells you how Loud your current listening Volume is once you enter the spec of your IEM. I think this is a very useful tool / feature to have.

Would hope to see something like that in the iFi Go Blu.

Other than that, Keep it Simple.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #17 of 120
  1. EQ
  2. Connection tab (unpair devices, connect with paired devices, chose priority device if multipoint, etc).
  3. Filters
  4. Customizable controls (go pods)
  5. Ambient mode/options (go pods)
  6. BT codec selection
+1 on codec selection or more importantly, codec de-selection. Shanling implements this well

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #18 of 120
Ok, as no one commented on the Streaming devices, I pretty much like the current design of the Stream-Ifi app, I.e having both firmware and source, streaming service selection under one hood.
As the BlueOS topic was mentioned, well I liked it pretty much once I was a newbee in the scene having all services like Spotify and Tidal, Qobuz in one app (plus playing my former favorite internet radio station Paradise Radio even with MQA support).
Nowadays I am either using Tidal Connect or Roon, thus using the native Tidal or Roon app and imho these still beat the likes of BlueOS integration in terms of usability and features.
Apple Music integration was nice but as far as I remember only as a limited Apple Play target and no native Apple Music apk (not sure if such even exists for Linux/PI-based OS).
So for me personally I am happy to just easily enable the music service support like Tidal Connect or Roon easily and won't care so much about pimped BlueOS like music player integration as these would naturally lag behind the native players.

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #19 of 120
I’d like access to streaming services, such as Qobuz and Tidal. I’m currently using Jplay and mconnect, and they work, but aren’t ideal. Something like Wiim use for their streamers would be ideal.

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 120
Ah, this reminds me of the limitations set by the firmware regarding max sample rates of the connected DACs...
Nothing to do with the remote app though...
Btw why do you guys want something different than Tidal Connect for Tidal usage?
Qobuz is a different story of course but I have Roon for that anyway

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #22 of 120
it would be awesome if you upgraded you website with better overview of products. Really poor navigation. I hope you hear alot more of this, because I visit your site daily

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #23 of 120
You could not rewrite a new Volumio version that is far better and more stable than what Zens stream uses, and now you are going to develop your own application? Please dont! Or this is a joke ?

I'm pretty sure there is more to the "coded and optimized" Volumio story and the open source GPL. It's above my head, but I have wondered why there hasn't been a Volumio upgrade as well.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #24 of 120
How would it be if you could also use the app for upscaling where you set it once and the hardware does the same?

For example, I use the Ifi hip dac 2 with Tidal.
The hip dac supports up to 32 bit 392 khz but with the Tidal app I can only use what Tidal gives me.

It would cost a bit of energy but a great thing to implement.
Among other things, it would also make better use of the Ifi hardware.
And you don't have to access a pay app that does it.
In addition, the apps don't play everything in the playlist because of licensing rights and so on.

I don't even see Daps doing this, even with the very expensive devices.

A player would be great, but most likely for streaming, the providers probably want to see money and contracts.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #26 of 120
Look at the Qudelix-5K App and implement whatever possible, as much as possible, or whatever you consider feasible :)
This!!!

Apr 21, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #27 of 120
Hi,
Yes, Zen Stream needs better app to control it. If you were to combine it with other products/software or roll out a separate app, is up to you. But the most urgent I’d say is:
1) to take care of ZS refreshing every time I need to access it/skip track/change volume (this is in addition to all other terrible, troubling, painful, infuriating things that have been extensively documented on this forum and all of which I have experienced too many times myself).

2) usb flash drive and/or external SSD is frequently “lost” and requires removal/reset/rescan, etc.

3) ZS also “forgets” the USB DAC (and it’s volume settings) every time I turn it off and reverts to Coax as default.

I list these three as top priorities, because:
I am using Zen Stream with Focal Bathys in USB DAC mode and when it works, it’s magical. I am confident this combination surpasses systems that cost 2-3 times more (for example, I prefer it to Pontus II > Sony PHA3 > Ultrasone Ed. 8 setup).

But, in addition to well documented Wifi stability and other issues, these 3 problems I have listed frequently poison the entire listening experience.

In summary: ZS is terrific hardware marred by the terrible software. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #28 of 120
Okay, this is an unorthodox one, and it is based on the previous asks for EQ... But if you DO decide to offer EQ...

Then do a library of downloadable EQ presets for various DAC/headphone/IEM combos. People have wanted this from a major DAC manufacturer FOREVER. Something that is regularly updated. It would be a literal game changer.

You could also do like a collab series with fan favorite reviewers and industry insiders creating special "guest EQs"... their takes on one or more of your DACs with one of their favorite headphones or IEMs...

You could even do a section where regular users could upload their own EQs for their headphones or IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #29 of 120
Without wanting to pour oil on the fire for what an EQ?
Purely personally, if the drive (Dac/Dap/mobile Dacamp) is good, you don't need an EQ.
There are Iem's that harmonise better with certain hardware sometimes not, similar to headphones only that Iem's tend to react more sensitively to it.

My Z12 was ultra stunning on the Shangling M6 when I was testing.
Closely followed by the Hip Dac 2, oddly enough, only then came the Zen air can, which was at least "efficient" with it.
The latter was okay but not stunning.
And all of them were run without any eq at all.

Roughly speaking, if you're not satisfied with the Ifi stuff and with the come app, you can theoretically go for the Quidelix.
If it really is as good as people say.

Personally, I don't know if Ifi will be comfortable with the idea even if it is pure brainstorming for the future app.

Personally, I would be a bit more interested in making better use of the hardware.
Up/downscaling, low/mid/high gain,
Setting personal volume with certain profiles for different environments.
Energy-saving mode would also be good.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #30 of 120
All great suggestions! Keep em' coming we are paying attention and reading these!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back