Craziest thing you do with your headphones?
Feb 27, 2004 at 11:49 AM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

You should save it all up to make candles with

Stop it guys this is getting really disgusting.

I dont do wanything unusual with my headphones. Nor do I stare at them since I get to see them alot every time and put them in and out of a case etc.

Feb 27, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by mikey
take them out first thing in the morning, look at them long and hard and put them back in their respective cases. wife thinks im mad. psssst......wife doesnt know this but sometimes i put them on without music playing, just to have some quiet time to myself without the wife yakking away.... i think i need therapy
600smile.gif

Nope.... you just need some ER20s. Ear plugs from Etymotic so that you don't have listen to wife
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #33 of 50
I am the only that here that's feels really insecure if I leave the house and forget to pick up my walkman and at least two pairs of phones?

Even if there is absolutely no chance of getting to listen to them!

In the past i've been know to skip the bus and waited for the next one so that I could listen to my phones that little bit longer
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #34 of 50
I do nothing really crazy I suppose. I have two headphone systems. One in living room, one in bedroom. I fall asleep with headphones on. I also have the Big Red extention in my living room and run it outside to my patio, where I sit on my rocker (I am off my rocker now), smoke a cigar and listen to music.

I guess the crazy part would be is that I am a night person. I love to sit out in the pitch black patio, looking at the moon and trees, and listen to music. If it rains, even better. I love to sit out in the patio during a really bad thunderstorm and watch the fireworks.

Feb 27, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #35 of 50
I listen to my headphones to and from work and when going anywhere... my job doesnt really allow me to wear them while I work and I am usually busy at home, only able to sacrifice an hour or so a night and one day on the weekend for listening to my home system... hopefully that will change when I work closer to home...

one wierd thing I do is listen to my headphones while cooking... my home system is set up near the kitchen so this works fine... as long as it isnt anything that spatters
eek.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by Distroyed
Rumour has it Edwood sticks ety's up his ...
etysmile.gif

Great. Now the secret's out. I'll never be able to sell my Etys now.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
Like hamsters? hahahahah
wink.gif

Yeah, the little person won't give them back.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #38 of 50
I use mine to keep people from bothering me...

If I hear my wife yapping at me from another room, I slip them on real quick, and when she comes to see why I'm not responding she assumes I can't hear her.

At work, if I have stuff I need to do without being bothered, I slip them on and if someone strolls by to chitchat chitchat, they usually just go away.

I've found that it really doesn't matter if the music is on or not.

If someone needs to talk to me about something important they tap me on the shoulder or wave or something. My wife just screams louder...and it's tough sometimes not to grin. hahaha

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
I do nothing really crazy I suppose. I have two headphone systems. One in living room, one in bedroom. I fall asleep with headphones on. I also have the Big Red extention in my living room and run it outside to my patio, where I sit on my rocker (I am off my rocker now), smoke a cigar and listen to music.

I guess the crazy part would be is that I am a night person. I love to sit out in the pitch black patio, looking at the moon and trees, and listen to music. If it rains, even better. I love to sit out in the patio during a really bad thunderstorm and watch the fireworks.

that is awesome, im jealous of you.

Feb 27, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by Takashi
Happened to me a couple of times that I found myself wearing SR225, not plugged in, and listening to the music from speakers in front of me.

Happens to me sometimes. I'm saying to myself...OK...where's all that bass coming from?!?! (I use my PM4.1's for gaming). Also, the high end is really grainy, un-detailed and generally crappy in comparison.

Feb 27, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #42 of 50
Although this isn't exactly the craziest thing I do with my phones (I'm pretty conventional)...

I was never too concerend if I forgot to lock my dorm...now that I have my system, its a pressing issue
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #43 of 50
Hmm... I dunno if this is "weird" or not.. but i'm MASSIVELY picky about the physical position of all my "expensive gear", but mostly audio stuff. When I place my headphones down after listening to them, they have to be situated just right, with the earpads fully aligned and symetrical, and the cord just right so it's not pulling too far a certain direction, etc.

When I was using the Equinox cord (thicker and heavier), it pulled on the left can enough that I had to devise a wierd thing where I looped the cord over my recliner to make sure they didn't make the left can get pulled and screw up the perfect alignment of the 'phones. (YES I have a RECLINER in front of my comp... chilling and listening to music whilst being a computer nerd is Teh Best
cool.gif
)

What might actually be considered creepy is that this is all with my HD590s.. what happens if I had the R10's or something?!?
blink.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back