Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Oct 15, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #6,091 of 12,335
We're thinking about calling ours Stamford Bridge.

Any particular reason for that?

Given that it leads to Crack and Mainline etc, I was thinking you'd name it after some sort of gateway imbibement.

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #6,092 of 12,335
Doc is probably a Chelsea Football Club fan. Lol.

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #6,093 of 12,335
Going to have to pass on it then. I can't possibly support anything with a name like Stamford Bridge.   YNWA!   
beyersmile.png

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #6,098 of 12,335
Oct 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #6,100 of 12,335
Thanks for your response and your recommendation. After some consideration, I'm thinking of getting a good DAC that pairs well with BHC+SB. My price range can go up to $400 for the DAC.

Btw, I own HD 650's.

Any suggestions? 

Quote:

You'll need a DAC AND a 3.5mm to stereo phono RCA cable to get the most of your BHC.

Alternatively you can just get that cable, hook it from your onboard sound onto your BHC and see if you like it. Computers have "clean" power in terms of getting power to electronics, but are riddled with tones of oscillation which can be easily picked up by ears alone. Speakers are powered by electricity, you can imagine how it'll sound if they are powered directly via the computer.

Now apply this to an amp, which by default should just amplify whatever it's been fed. If it is full of noise, then you'll get louder noise in return.

Most USB DACs are powered by USB, but also include their own power regulator that removes a significant amount of noise, hence why a good amount of us like external DACs over PC sound cards.

A DAC I began and could recommend for the budget minded is the ELE D01, which performed admirably. That should provide a low enough noise level to prevent things sounding like it's constantly raining, without breaking the bank.

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #6,102 of 12,335
Yup, I didn't think it would be as obscure a reference as it seems to be. I was just having a little fun at the expense of the great guys at Schitt. I live in what began as a fishing village established by Norwegian immigrants. Every other person's name ends in Son, the high school football team is the Vikings, the streets have names like Jensen Way, Fjord Drive and Lundegaard, and we have not one but two Viking statues in town. So the idea was not a big stretch for me.

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #6,104 of 12,335
So Doc, is that the real proposed name or was it some fun on the forum only?

Pre-order is live, so guessing the official name for now is "Bottlehead Dac" - http://bottlehead.com/product/bottlehead-dac/

Now to go home and negotiate with my better half.  

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #6,105 of 12,335
Fellow Asian headfiers, Headfonia Store in Jakarta Indonesia sells Crack however for their countrymen only. Headfonia doesn't ship outside their country. Guys, do you know a store that ships Crack outside the country? I intent to buy in our continent only than US to minimize shipping time. Singapore or Hongkong maybe.Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back