Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Mar 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #511 of 1,242
I am a bit confused. I am reading this chart below. According to the FR chart the SE215 should have alot more bass than the SE210 but to my ears it sounds the opposite. I'd say SE210 has a bit more punch.

FR.jpg

Or I am interpreting the Chart wrong?

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #513 of 1,242
Hi ClieOS, and others. I'm looking for a IEM to use in the gym or while jogging outside that has a sound signature as close as the JVC HA-FXT90, not more than $70. I know you're in the process of reviewing them though. I would prefer if there's anything from MEElec as I'm about to buy a bunch of tips from them. Would appreciate it from other brands too.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #514 of 1,242
I am a bit confused. I am reading this chart below. According to the FR chart the SE215 should have alot more bass than the SE210 but to my ears it sounds the opposite. I'd say SE210 has a bit more punch.
Or I am interpreting the Chart wrong?

FR graph are generally processed and averaged to give you an idea of how an IEM measured against a standard. But as human, your ears and brain don't average your hearing nor good at referencing to a standard, they just mix and match everything up. If you want to hear the FR curve on the graph - you need to calibrate both IEM to have the same volume on the 1kHz note using an SPL meter before listen to them. If you try to volume match by ears, more than often it will not actually be the same even if you really believe so.

did you already had the chance to listen the XBA 1 and 2?

I do have a pair of XBA-2 and a pair of XBA-4 loaner waiting for me to collect and review at the local Sony HQ. The problem is, the Sony HQ is so far away, I'll need to take two days off from work, travel over 6 hours and spend a night at hotel to get them. Worst of, I will have to repeat the process to return the loan units. That's too much time and money for me to review two IEM, so I am forced to abandon the review plan for now. I will wait till early May when I have the chance to visit Singapore, where I'll pick up a pair of XBA-1 myself. Depends on how much money I'll have by then, maybe something else as well.

Hi ClieOS, and others. I'm looking for a IEM to use in the gym or while jogging outside that has a sound signature as close as the JVC HA-FXT90, not more than $70. I know you're in the process of reviewing them though. I would prefer if there's anything from MEElec as I'm about to buy a bunch of tips from them. Would appreciate it from other brands too.

I'll say CX21 probably has the closest FXT90 like presentation in all MEElec's IEM. CC51 might work as well but it isn't for the gym.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #516 of 1,242
Thanks for the fast reply. Any other mentions from other brands? And where do you think the FXT90 stands in your category? IMO its balanced but I'm not sure. 

Yes, I'll call it a mildly U-shaped balanced sound as well. Sunrise Xcited will be another IEM I can think of that has a similar presentation, but it is over your budget. A lesser match will be the ECCI PR401, which has a more forwarded presentation than the FXT90.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #518 of 1,242
clieos,
from your eterna v1 review "Not for warm source" how would you call the clip+? hows' the synergy ?

Clip+ won't be what I'll call a warm source. It has some warm sense in its sound but still mostly neutral. Something like the HM602 will be what I'll refer as warm source. Since Clip+ doesn't have a lot of coloration on its own, synergy is usually not an issue.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #519 of 1,242

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply. Any other mentions from other brands? And where do you think the FXT90 stands in your category? IMO its balanced but I'm not sure. 

Yes, I'll call it a mildly U-shaped balanced sound as well. Sunrise Xcited will be another IEM I can think of that has a similar presentation, but it is over your budget. A lesser match will be the ECCI PR401, which has a more forwarded presentation than the FXT90.

Haha I guessed right. This is enough for me to read around though. Again, thanks.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #520 of 1,242
such a good read, thanks for the review...  IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire indeed!!!
A quick question though, based on the review im choosing between the hisound popo, vsonic gr06, or i could save up for a vsonic gr07, ill be coming from the dunu tridents and wants something totally different, something good for classical, instrumentals and vocals, a recessed lows would be good too. The thing is, with the tridents though its good for my bassier music, i just find it too grainy(?) when it comes to the highs, and the mids could've been more forward sounding too.

edit: would be pairing with clip zip(rockboxd) + e6/e11

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #521 of 1,242
Thanks for the comment.

GR07 will be on a higher level than either Popo or GR06. Simply on technical proficiency, GR07 will be a better choice. Generally I'll recommend analytical IEM (Phonak PFE 112 will be a good choice here) for classical and instrumental music, but GR07 is good enough to handle those genre as well.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #522 of 1,242
wow thanks for the fast reply
bigsmile_face.gif
, unfortunately phonaks isnt available locally here, only hisounds, vsonics, brainwavz, some dunus, soundmagic, and stuff....
hrrm analytical eh, how about the brainwavz b2 vs gr07 for classical and instrumental music? priced about the same here...

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #524 of 1,242
wow thanks for the fast reply :bigsmile_face: , unfortunately phonaks isnt available locally here, only hisounds, vsonics, brainwavz, some dunus, soundmagic, and stuff....
hrrm analytical eh, how about the brainwavz b2 vs gr07 for classical and instrumental music? priced about the same here...

B2 is slightly too aggressive for my taste but it should work out well for classical. It will be better at strings instruments than it is on lower note percussion (drum and such). GR07 will be more on the opposite (better at percussion than on strings).

clieos, the rank you gave the Eterna V1 was for the 'fun' factor, but without that, where'd it be ranked? at least compared to the v2?

If it is not fun at all, Eterna V1 will be ranked lower than V2, but won't be too far off.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #525 of 1,242

Quote:
B2 is slightly too aggressive for my taste but it should work out well for classical. It will be better at strings instruments than it is on lower note percussion (drum and such). GR07 will be more on the opposite (better at percussion than on strings).

thanks, ill be going for the gr07 then,
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back