Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Apr 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #541 of 1,242
I recently bought what I believe to be either Sunrise Xcape IE or the v.2 and i'm looking for something more balance, not like how it feels all warm and stuffy in its sound. Looking for an IEM that has the bass impact like them with clarity and good treble. A above-average or higher soundstage, vocals, and good separation of sounds are also high on the list. My max budget is about $100. Any recommendations?

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #542 of 1,242

Quote:
Clip+ won't be what I'll call a warm source. It has some warm sense in its sound but still mostly neutral. Something like the HM602 will be what I'll refer as warm source. Since Clip+ doesn't have a lot of coloration on its own, synergy is usually not an issue.

Hi ClieOS, in your opinion, do you think the clip zip sounds the same as the clip+. If there's a difference, in which area are they different in? Many thanks

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #543 of 1,242
I recently bought what I believe to be either Sunrise Xcape IE or the v.2 and i'm looking for something more balance, not like how it feels all warm and stuffy in its sound. Looking for an IEM that has the bass impact like them with clarity and good treble. A above-average or higher soundstage, vocals, and good separation of sounds are also high on the list. My max budget is about $100. Any recommendations?

You should get the Xcited instead of the Xcape variance, since it has a more V-shaped sound. If you want a very V-shaped sound, ECCI PR401. For something miider, more U-shaped, Fischer Audio Consonance or Silver Bullet are both good choice.

Hi ClieOS, in your opinion, do you think the clip zip sounds the same as the clip+. If there's a difference, in which area are they different in? Many thanks

I don't have or hear Sansa Zip before, so I can't help you there. But as far as what I have read, they seem to be almost identical sounding as they are very similar hardware wise.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #544 of 1,242
What exactly is v-shaped or u-shaped mean? I can't seem to find any specific explanation of it. I'm assuming that the sound quality changes faster if it's V than U or something like that.

Edit: Nvm. I thought I was looking at the only sound glossary. 

When it says U-shape is more dramatic, what does that even mean? More fun?

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #545 of 1,242
What exactly is v-shaped or u-shaped mean? I can't seem to find any specific explanation of it. I'm assuming that the sound quality changes faster if it's V than U or something like that.

Edit: Nvm. I thought I was looking at the only sound glossary. 

When it says U-shape is more dramatic, what does that even mean? More fun?

U-shaped is a milder form of V-shaped. Basically an U-shaped sounding IEM's bass and treble is not quite as boosted as a V-shaped IEM.

Oh, forgot to mention Brainwavz M4, which is a fairly good V-shaped sounding IEM.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #546 of 1,242
ClieOS, do you know if there is a difference between TDK EB950 and EB900? Because I've seen that others including joker says that the EB900 is very bassy, while you recommend the EB950 in www.innerfidelity.com

Also, how do you compare the TDK BA200 to UE700 and GR07?
I can get the BA200 for 100$ only in China

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #547 of 1,242
ClieOS, do you know if there is a difference between TDK EB950 and EB900? Because I've seen that others including joker says that the EB900 is very bassy, while you recommend the EB950 in http://www.innerfidelity.com

Also, how do you compare the TDK BA200 to UE700 and GR07?
I can get the BA200 for 100$ only in China

I don't know the sound of EB900 but EB950 is fairly bassy in itself, though I won't call it a bass monster. Given that EB950 is more sensitive than EB900 on spec, I am not sure they will be identical sounding, but that's hard to say for sure.

In any case, BA200 for $100 is a crazily good deal. I will jump on it without any hesitation. Oh, BA200 is definitely better sounding than UE700 and compare rather well with GR07.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #549 of 1,242
Clieos, i don't like the graininess on the upper vocal. It is too disagreeable for me ... :frowning2:

If you want total smoothness, maybe Phonak Audeo PFE Perfect Bass will suit you. You won't get as much dynamic, but it is really smooth in compare to SE215.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #550 of 1,242

Quote:
If you want total smoothness, maybe Phonak Audeo PFE Perfect Bass will suit you. You won't get as much dynamic, but it is really smooth in compare to SE215.

Clieos, i don't  know if there is some defect with my SE215, but there are moments that the graininess on the upper vocal make appear dis­tor­tions. Is this common?

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #551 of 1,242
Clieos, i don't  know if there is some defect with my SE215, but there are  moments that the  graininess on the upper vocal make appear dis­tor­tions. Is this common?

Don't sound like normal. While I do find a slight graininess around 12~13kHz region, it certainly isn't enough to appear as distortion. You might want to contact Shure and see if they can exchange a pair for you or not.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #552 of 1,242
ClieOS,
I saw the Astrotec AM-90 under review, what do you think about the SQ?

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #553 of 1,242
ClieOS,
I saw the Astrotec AM-90 under review, what do you think about the SQ?

The SQ is very similar to MEElec A151. So similar that I doubt you can tell them apart If you are listening to one or the other very briefly. For the asking price, I think AM-90 is really good.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #554 of 1,242
waiting for your full review of the astrotec am-90, the price is certainly very attractive
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back