Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Oct 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #736 of 4,373

Well...as promised, my B&W P7 mini review and update is now up on my review post on this thread. 
smile.gif

Much appreciated. And well worth the wait. Love the Momentums... but was suspecting the P7s might nudge them out. Done deal for the portables....

Now to await the reviews on the LCD-X... hmmmm... should be anytime now.

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #737 of 4,373
My updated and final impressions of the Focal Spirit Classic:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683251/focal-spirit-classic-first-look-head-fi-tv/45#post_9926300

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #738 of 4,373
As I have been telling people now about the P7 soundstage, it is really something versus the competition but then the price tag stops it from being an instant buy. Not that I need positive confirmation, I am happy going alone if it really comes to that
tongue.gif

Didn't sound awesome to me. YMMV. 

You do seem to have very particular tastes to be fair
smile.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #739 of 4,373
Would P7 be better in terms of tonal balance than momentum? P7($399) momentum($299) is quite a huge gap in the price range. I love HD600 so I am waiting to try out P7 whether the sound qualiy will suit my taste.. Another toy to bring home.

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #740 of 4,373
  You do seem to have very particular tastes to be fair
smile.gif

Just doing my part to sabotage any potential hype trains.

But seriously, it's main price competition is the B&O H6, which sounds so much more refined.
The P7 isn't bad. I don't hate it. But it doesn't live up to the price tag. 

Although TBH most headphones don't live up to their price tags any more. 
deadhorse.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #741 of 4,373
  Just doing my part to sabotage any potential hype trains.

But seriously, it's main price competition is the B&O H6, which sounds so much more refined.
The P7 isn't bad. I don't hate it. But it doesn't live up to the price tag. 

Although TBH most headphones don't live up to their price tags any more. 
deadhorse.gif

While I did enjoy the B&O H6s, I'd take the P7s over them any day of the week.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #742 of 4,373
Did anyone notice newer a OVER THE EAR CLOSED headphones' earcups got a lot smaller? Just take the P7, K545 and the Focals... I have seen plenty of people complaint their ears touching the earpads of those headphones...

It is because younger generation and intended market has smaller ears like teenagers and working professionals, not for some folks who have huge ears, really.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #743 of 4,373
It is because younger generation and intended market has smaller ears like teenagers and working professionals, not for some folks who have huge ears, really.

Does that mean teenagers these days have smaller ears? I don't think mind is... Really annoying when I am looking for closed over ear headphone last time, that's why I gave up :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #745 of 4,373

I think its rather a portability isue also many people dont want to walk around wearing half grapefruits on their heads.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #746 of 4,373

Did anyone notice newer a OVER THE EAR CLOSED headphones' earcups got a lot smaller? Just take the P7, K545 and the Focals... I have seen plenty of people complaint their ears touching the earpads of those headphones...

This pretty much nails it - human ears NEVER stop growing until death. 
Check out photos of people from when they were young adults and then compare it to when they were over 60.
The difference will amaze you. 

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #749 of 4,373
  Anyone has a HE500 to compare with a M500? 

I have one HE500 at home and actually would be buying the M500 as a portable phone during commuting. Thanks

Sorry, but the HE500s are way off topic here. We're seeking portable closed headphones and the best value/sound. The HE500s are big, heavy and open orthos (and not very portable 
redface.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back