Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
May 4, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #2,116 of 4,373
I just noticed this on my new T51P's...

Very interesting! 

May 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #2,118 of 4,373
  Weird.  Mine says: "T51 p Serial No. 12460"

Mine's the same...only with a different S/N. 
wink.gif

May 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2,119 of 4,373
Huh. Not sure if this bugs me or not!

May 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,120 of 4,373
Sounds like it does. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

May 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #2,122 of 4,373
  Yeah, waynes world should definitely worry about it.  The T51 p sticker makes it sound at least 3x better than the DT1350 sticker. 
ph34r.gif

LOL!!!
So... they sent a DT1350 inside a T51p box?!

May 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #2,123 of 4,373
May 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #2,124 of 4,373
My T51p's arrived today and was happy/relieved to see T51p in the label. :D

I'll let it burn in for a bit, but initial impressions are favorable. Bass is quite pronounced on these, which is what I want for my portables. Treble seems thin at the moment, but that's usually what burn in will help - give it more body.

The best part out of the box is the form factor - small, light, foldable, and very strong. I also like how much more sturdy the case looks in person than in pictures. I thought they were the typical soft case, but they're pretty well built. I feel I can just throw these in my backpack or whatever and not have to worry about them breaking. I also like the curvature of the headband so that it hugs my head. Finally, the circumference of the very plush cups is tiny enough so as not to cause much pushing down on my ears since they're localized closer to the center of my ears.

I had a trip this weekend and was catching up on episodes of the The Wire, watching 3-4 hours' worth each night with my on1's. After the second night, my ears were hurting but I couldn't stop watching. lol I think these T51p's will be a bit more tolerable for that length of listening.

Thanks, again, MH for the initial review and chatter on these great portables. Looking forward to post-burn in listening!

May 5, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #2,125 of 4,373
My T51p's arrived today and was happy/relieved to see T51p in the label.
biggrin.gif

I'll let it burn in for a bit, but initial impressions are favorable. Bass is quite pronounced on these, which is what I want for my portables. Treble seems thin at the moment, but that's usually what burn in will help - give it more body.

The best part out of the box is the form factor - small, light, foldable, and very strong. I also like how much more sturdy the case looks in person than in pictures. I thought they were the typical soft case, but they're pretty well built. I feel I can just throw these in my backpack or whatever and not have to worry about them breaking. I also like the curvature of the headband so that it hugs my head. Finally, the circumference of the very plush cups is tiny enough so as not to cause much pushing down on my ears since they're localized closer to the center of my ears.

I had a trip this weekend and was catching up on episodes of the The Wire, watching 3-4 hours' worth each night with my on1's. After the second night, my ears were hurting but I couldn't stop watching. lol I think these T51p's will be a bit more tolerable for that length of listening.

Thanks, again, MH for the initial review and chatter on these great portables. Looking forward to post-burn in listening!

They are fantastic headphones for on the go...portable, comfortable, isolate very well and sound great. And won't cost you an arm and a leg!

May 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #2,126 of 4,373
I'm struggling to find BAD headphones tbh. There's so many good ones, it kind of makes it seem like we over complicate things. On a different note, the T51p seems good, but it's bassy apparently. I don't really like bassy cans.

May 5, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #2,127 of 4,373
I'm struggling to find BAD headphones tbh. There's so many good ones, it kind of makes it seem like we over complicate things. On a different note, the T51p seems good, but it's bassy apparently. I don't really like bassy cans.

I wouldn't classify them as "bass head" headphones. I would bet the bass measures like the DT1350s...flat from 1kHz down to 20Hz. But if you like brighter headphones, the B&O H6s are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back