Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #46 of 3,325
hello guys - just about to pull the plug to buy one, just to see how good it is with my T-Peos H-100 
biggrin.gif

Can anyone recommend where to buy it from? I was going to buy it from this ebay dude here...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COLORFLY-C3-24bit-WAV-APE-FLAC-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-/380343844383 

...and, does it support 64GB microSD out of the box, or does it have to be formatted in FAT32 etc etc like Sansa Clip?

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #49 of 3,325
hello guys - just about to pull the plug to buy one, just to see how good it is with my T-Peos H-100 :D

Can anyone recommend where to buy it from? I was going to buy it from this ebay dude here...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COLORFLY-C3-24bit-WAV-APE-FLAC-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-/380343844383 

...and, does it support 64GB microSD out of the box, or does it have to be formatted in FAT32 etc etc like Sansa Clip?

I got mine from here in good time. $105 with free shipping. Most members in the H-100 thread got theirs from here. O_o

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221128029338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #50 of 3,325
mine same place as H20

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #51 of 3,325
~@ Vlooienuker

When you open the menu "TF" it starts around the middle of the list, So, going up or down will get you to the beginning "A B C" etc etc... It just seems to start at a different section. but it is in alphabetical order.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #52 of 3,325
Quote:
~@ Vlooienuker
When you open the menu "TF" it starts around the middle of the list, So, going up or down will get you to the beginning "A B C" etc etc... It just seems to start at a different section. but it is in alphabetical order.

Thanks. I dont know why but I dont see anything in alphabetical order and it mixes songs with folders... Also, I just saw a bit of debris on it and scratched it off now my screen is scratched... And then I tried to scratch it off then now theres more scratches... My screen protectors have not yet arrived either. 
mad.gif
 So far, I'm rather disappointed. But I will give it time, try to like this lil' boy.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #53 of 3,325
Thanks. I dont know why but I dont see anything in alphabetical order and it mixes songs with folders... Also, I just saw a bit of debris on it and scratched it off now my screen is scratched... And then I tried to scratch it off then now theres more scratches... My screen protectors have not yet arrived either. :mad:  So far, I'm rather disappointed. But I will give it time, try to like this lil' boy.

Are your albums in folders?

You can only sort by folder view remember, if you transfer a heap of single songs they will be mixed up within the folder list. I have all my albums only transferred. How did you scratch the screen so quickly? :eek: You're not having a good run so far. Try rubbing the screen over with the provided cloth it sounds like a smudge mark to me.

You need to give it sometime mate. And for now while using your S9 inbetween, it would be good if you can drop the BBE down gradually over a the course of a week or few days. What ever BBE you're using drop it by 1 over a few days then again...You need to rid of that artificial sound.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #54 of 3,325
Quote:
Are your albums in folders?
You can only sort by folder view remember, if you transfer a heap of single songs they will be mixed up within the folder list. I have all my albums only transferred. How did you scratch the screen so quickly?
eek.gif
You're not having a good run so far. Try rubbing the screen over with the provided cloth it sounds like a smudge mark to me.
You need to give it sometime mate. And for now while using your S9 inbetween, it would be good if you can drop the BBE down gradually over a the course of a week or few days. What ever BBE you're using drop it by 1 over a few days then again...You need to rid of that artificial sound.

Yes my albums are in folders, made it easier for the S9. I tried rubbing it with the provided cloth but no luck. I will compare my my C3 and S9 tonight and see how they compare. Another thing I hate is that you cannot seek through the tracks to maybe skip to the climax. You either listen to the whole song or skip the entire song. And what does that "16 bit" mean?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #57 of 3,325
If you want to go up or down volume fast hold the button.

16bit is the bit depth of the file.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAudio_bit_depth&ei=mWfJUJjIGa6YiAfbnYEY&usg=AFQjCNHoHyNwmUAGBzYaef2TSJzcN5rAEQ&sig2=AoZsz87fw3NU4mrLgRw4Pw&bvm=bv.1355272958,d.dGY

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #58 of 3,325
Why hollow everyone 
biggrin.gif

Officially my first post here, been monitoring this thread and others of the like even before I signed up and I'm pretty excited you see. My Colorfly C3 is on the way but there is quite a call of patience since it'll only arrive by the closing this year.

Now, one of the biggest tragedies for an audio lover is you loose a large part of your music collection, which in my case, my entire external 1.5TB harddisk plunged into its death from a coffee table; maybe a suicide attempt out of jealousy since i had shown a lot of attention to my ipod touch though the 2nd generation model isn't really a winner in an audiophile's arsenal, it certainly provided me great companionship over the years.

other than its glass screen cracking twice, i've just been using lower end headphones, the Sony MBR-XB300, the smallest brother in their basshead series. thank God, I had saved most of the valuables from the harddisk into the ipod.

and just a pause from there, I'm now only entering the world of audiophiliacs through the Colorfly C3 and I've got meself a pair of Audio Technica WS55's. Seriously, don't you think these 2 are the best-cheapest combinations ? 
I'm sure you have been reading reviews of Colorfly before you got it, and the WS55 is equally matched in price vs performance with good praises from almost everywhere. "great solid bass without sacrificing the clarity" - lotta stuff for another day,

I bought my Colorfly from here: - the 123rd one hehe.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORFLY-C3-24bit-WAV-APE-FLAC-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-/380343844383?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item588e427e1f

Ws55's were 84$ - both of these would equal the price of an M50 but very affordable and I'm sure they'll sound Astounding.

There was an awesome, funny thread here about non audiophiles response to hearing hifi sounds, so I'm just imagining myself listening to these for the first time as my experience was only mediocre yet being true, I'm an enthusiast, I love music and even better, I love great sounding music.

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #59 of 3,325
Quote:
If you want to go up or down volume fast hold the button.
16bit is the bit depth of the file.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAudio_bit_depth&ei=mWfJUJjIGa6YiAfbnYEY&usg=AFQjCNHoHyNwmUAGBzYaef2TSJzcN5rAEQ&sig2=AoZsz87fw3NU4mrLgRw4Pw&bvm=bv.1355272958,d.dGY

How do you use this C3 H20... I find it very complex and strange. Also, is 16 bit good? S9 is 16 bit too right? And when I try to seek the track with fastforward and rewind, it either goes back to the previous track or skip the track. I can get it seek at times but its very difficult. C3 WHY MUST YOU BE SO COMPLEX! 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #60 of 3,325
Vlooienuker don't worry the controls are easy enough, remember how it took ( I assume ) a bit of messing around with the S9 before you got the hang of it, well the C3 is a lot simpler after a bit, you'll see. Ease into the thing.  Heck the S9 intimidated me when i saw my pal toying with it. It actually turned me off :)

Seeking stuff make sure you press firmly and hold it solidly, if there;s any iffiness it will see it as a tap. Helps to wipe the screen after a bit. It took me a day or two minimum to get the hang of it.  16 bit yeepers is fine , in fact 32 is debatable as to its validity, but that's another thread and hot topic, unless you want me to link you that.  16 is basically most cds .

MAch71 WELCOME to head-fi, great thread for a first post. Just be careful in here. I'll  let someone else tell you " and sorry about your wallet "
wink_face.gif

OH NOOOOOO is the harddrive inside the enclosure shot? ( I hope it is just the enclosure if there was one ) I fried one the same size when i built this comp. Now I have 3 complete copies.  Don't overhype things in your mind, and it may surprise you , at least you'ill hear it as objectively as possible when the time comes.  Also beware of other's opinions, everyone hears different. Hope your music files are higher bitrate/quality, this will show it. But honestly some of the lower quality files i have  keep impressing me also

Congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back