Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Nov 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #2,296 of 3,325
Maybe. I think the Dunu 1000 are the best bang for bug but, for me, going to an iem over 150 euro with no replaceable cables is a waste of money. The cables are really a plus.

To this list I forgot to add the ath im02 altough it is not and hybrid. It is just a double BA.

I understand, the non removable cable situation is kind of a sacrifice one needs to make when considering these options. What all these options provide though is what's in my opinion some of the best price to performance ratio currently in this price bracket.

I've kind of thrown the entire 'must have' detachable cables out the window for those reasons.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2,297 of 3,325
Maybe. I think the Dunu 1000 are the best bang for bug but, for me, going to an iem over 150 euro with no replaceable cables is a waste of money. The cables are really a plus.

To this list I forgot to add the ath im02 altough it is not and hybrid. It is just a double BA.

I understand, the non removable cable situation is kind of a sacrifice one needs to make when considering these options. What all these options provide though is what's in my opinion some of the best price to performance ratio currently in this price bracket.

I've kind of thrown the entire 'must have' detachable cables out the window for those reasons.

I understand your point. But I think the cables do fail a lot after intensive use. Since I dont collect IEMs this is a point for me.

Btw has anyone ever heard of custom firmware for c3. I have no ideia how to produce such a firmware or at leats change it but I think that could improve very much the UI in the C3.

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #2,298 of 3,325
Btw has anyone ever heard of custom firmware for c3. I have no ideia how to produce such a firmware or at leats change it but I think that could improve very much the UI in the C3.

Yeah it's called an X1,X3, DX50 or DX90...

I doubt very much that there will ever be another firmware released for the C3 since all the other players have hit the market. For the 5% that want the great SQ of the C3 there is the other 95% that want the storage space, features and functionality of any of the newer DAP's.

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2,300 of 3,325
  Be totally awesome if someone could customize the firmware to fix some of the bugs.

Or maybe Rockboxit? I am talking out of my butt now, since I had to sell mine, but could it be possible to guess how to mod Rockbox to be useful on the C3 by analyzing the current firmware? Or even fix the current one?

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2,301 of 3,325

Or maybe Rockboxit? I am talking out of my butt now, since I had to sell mine, but could it be possible to guess how to mod Rockbox to be useful on the C3 by analyzing the current firmware? Or even fix the current one?

I don't know if Rockbox is possible, but you know what? I wouldn't even install Rockbox on C3. If someone could however crack into the firmware and simply correct the backwards scrolling folder titles I'd be the first to test it. =) 

Don't even mess with the sound imo.

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #2,302 of 3,325

I don't know if Rockbox is possible, but you know what? I wouldn't even install Rockbox on C3. If someone could however crack into the firmware and simply correct the backwards scrolling folder titles I'd be the first to test it. =) 

Well, I guess you are right. But I would also have liked a usable equalizer with the C3 and maybe something to widen the soundfield. And that would have been all.

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #2,303 of 3,325
I don't know if Rockbox is possible, but you know what? I wouldn't even install Rockbox on C3. If someone could however crack into the firmware and simply correct the backwards scrolling folder titles and add auto-shutoff and auto-resume I'd be the first to test it. =) 

Fixed that for ya! 
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #2,304 of 3,325
Nov 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #2,305 of 3,325
Taking it to the extreme!!

Sadly, you speak the truth lol. Btw, I should finally be getting the ihifi 770 this week, so that's kinda exciting.

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2,306 of 3,325

Sadly, you speak the truth lol. Btw, I should finally be getting the ihifi 770 this week, so that's kinda exciting.

One of these days I am going to finally have two thousand dollars that I can use any way I want and I am going to sit with the guy who has all the ihifi, Fiio and Colorfly players here in Mexico City and audition them in order to get what I like the most. Either that or I am going to get a date with that amazing girl at the Life&Style section in the paper.... Nope, I think I'll stay with audio, it will probably be safer.

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2,307 of 3,325

Excellent, be sure to let us know how that goes, I was close to ordering one from Penon Audio, I was also thinking about another Cowon (X9) then the Shozy Alien came along which is still coming. There should be some interesting comparisons here to C3 In coming weeks.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #2,309 of 3,325
  what is the latest C3 firmware ?
i just bought one and get 1.00.00.06 fw 

and where i can download c3 fw?
searching it on internet and didn't find one.

That is the current and probably last firmware version you're running. 

Found here: http://www.colorfly.net/down.html

I really doubt there will be any updates from here on, really really doubt it.

What do you think of the sound anyway? =)

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #2,310 of 3,325

That is the current and probably last firmware version you're running. 

Found here: http://www.colorfly.net/down.html

I really doubt there will be any updates from here on, really really doubt it.

What do you think of the sound anyway? =)

It sound is really great.very clean,no hiss,good soundstage, very great instrument separation and imaging
the C3 sound is better than my ipod video in almost all aspect. cleaner, more detail, greater instrument separation, larger soundstage, and way greater imaging.
my ipod video sound is smoother, warmer, and more forward mid/vocal.

The battery is top notch. it already playing music nonstop for 15hours until now, and the battery indicator still has 1 and a half bar (from full bar/full baterry). awesome.
to bad it doesn't have sleep timer for bed time.

Thanks H20 for recommend it to me
Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back