Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Oct 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #2,251 of 3,325
Good for you then 
tongue.gif

I just input a "WELL" in my last post for your sake.

Head-Fi is just crazy, I can't even post any of my opinion. All these ppl will start to correct you. They are all experts, maybe I should mute myself or close my account 
mad.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #2,252 of 3,325

I understand it's low output power limitations, but saying it won't drive his 35ohm headphone simply isn't true. Now whether C3 would drive them to 100% of thier potential is another question. I'm able to drive 63ohm Sony MDR-V6 with C3, I might be pushing up into the high 30+ volume buts its no problem. Put 100ohm ER4S on and then you have problems. Most low impedance full-size it does decent job.

I still think the member should go for X1, or if he wants to spend larger amounts as he suggested in his budget DX90. But really X1 is where my money is to fit into the scaling potential of his headphone.

QBoQBo said:
Head-Fi is just crazy, I can't even post any of my opinion. All these ppl will start to correct you. They are all experts, maybe I should mute myself or close my account :mad:

The problem is, people are going to read what you said then take it for granted. If you're not sure about something don't say it. No ones having a go at you so relax, I'm an easy going guy.

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #2,253 of 3,325
@H20Fidelity, good information that you have provided.

I wish that I could provide @GustavMahler with some opinions on the ihifi 770 (which I sadly don't have yet).

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #2,255 of 3,325
Oct 30, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #2,256 of 3,325
  Good for you then 
tongue.gif

Head-Fi is just crazy, I can't even post any of my opinion. All these ppl will start to correct you. They are all experts, maybe I should mute myself or close my account 
mad.gif

All is good, Uncle H20 can be a stern SOB sometimes, I still hear echos of my output impedance Faux Pas from a long time ago... 
biggrin.gif

The C3 will drive my 300Ω GMP to a deafening level but I do not get the same results with the Brainwavz R3 for example, it all depends on the efficiency of the IEM/Headphones.

Also I use the E11K with the C3 now, it's great amp with a stupid I/O layout (If you use a belt pouch) and a very easy to accidentally turn volume control. I like the additional headroom it provides and the bass boost.
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #2,257 of 3,325
Don't worry, before C3 was released I was certain it wouldn't drive the 50ohm GR07. Lucky Sir fabulous Kova was able to test it for us and happily prove me wrong.

Anyway, it's 5am here I've not been to sleep. Btw I'm getting the little Brainwavz amp to test next week.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #2,261 of 3,325
I don't suppose there's any plans for a new version/upgrade to the C3? I know Colorfly are planning a new DAP from another thread, but it looks like it might be pricey and a bit too large for me.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #2,262 of 3,325
I don't suppose there's any plans for a new version/upgrade to the C3? I know Colorfly are planning a new DAP from another thread, but it looks like it might be pricey and a bit too large for me.

Nothing we know of currently. Sure would be nice though. :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #2,263 of 3,325

I'd be a happy camper if they just updated THIS one,lol. But another low cost one would be a welcome addition to their excellent lineup. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #2,264 of 3,325
Hello

I am currently using my C3 with B & O H6. I have to put the volume all the way up to 35 to listen to any bass or get some isolation. I heard good things about these cans and I intend to keep them. Should I get an amp or you guys thing I should get DX50 or Fiio X3 to drive these headphones. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #2,265 of 3,325
Hello

I am currently using my C3 with B & O H6. I have to put the volume all the way up to 35 to listen to any bass or get some isolation. I heard good things about these cans and I intend to keep them. Should I get an amp or you guys thing I should get DX50 or Fiio X3 to drive these headphones. Any suggestions would be welcome.

First, how high of the impedance of your cans? If you prefers micro details & separation i suggest to keep your c3, it's better than x3. Or if you wanna dx50, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back