Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Feb 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #78 of 216
The problem with a 64gb card is the 4000 file limit in the OS. Unless you use lossless on this player.

And I'll wait & see if it remains MSC only, as it's totally against the grain. Remember, this is initially geared towards the average consumer - and the average consumer has no idea how to put music on a player most times (without assistance). To have this as two separate locations to put the files will just add to the complexity - and the average persons confusion. I think MTP will be implemented in a future firmware update, as well as library integration of the internal and external memory sources.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #79 of 216
The problem with a 64gb card is the 4000 file limit in the OS. Unless you use lossless on this player.

And I'll wait & see if it remains MSC only, as it's totally against the grain. Remember, this is initially geared towards the average consumer - and the average consumer has no idea how to put music on a player most times (without assistance). To have this as two separate locations to put the files will just add to the complexity - and the average persons confusion. I think MTP will be implemented in a future firmware update, as well as library integration of the internal and external memory sources.

All valid points, tds, but I'm personally doubtful that SanDisk will budge from their (admittedly out-of-the-norm) decisions there.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #81 of 216
If the ability to select MSC/MTP isn't available in the settings, and the music files only play in one particular way, it's beta firmware.

And the player just came out. Do you think Rockbox will just magically appear?

The person who asked to see the internals earlier on in the thread is a Rockbox dev - he ask so he can have an idea of what's possibly ahead as far as development is concerned.

Unless you decide to order one, and you could compile a Rockbox build for the clip sport.
wink.gif

are you saying no playlist support?

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #82 of 216
Feb 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #83 of 216
i got one today at best buy and now that ive seen this thread along with anythingbutipod discusssions i think ill return it tomorrow. im really using it for gym use only and the only upside to the sport has better tactile buttons but so far its not worth the cost of new player with upgrades that dont affect me. my clip+ combined with the meelec (m6) crushes the typical monster/ipod stuff u see in the gym. hope to get some custom canals soon

i did some mods= cut the crappy memory wire off the m6 and its basically a westone w or um. on the clip+ u can find a ton of more sturdier clips on theclip.com. i have one with a j-hook so it never falls off.

just messing around here are a few things of note:
  • time elapsed is back (lacking from cz)
  • the shortest time for screen light is 15sec compared to 5 on the plus
  • sound was equal comparing same song
  • headphone jack is tighter
  • playlist was easy using mediamonkey
  • albums dont sync in track order it does it alphabetically. clip + does it right.
  • no recently added  option in music section

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #84 of 216
I'm bummed about both the lack of a microphone and not having 16GB ones appearing in the US.

I figure it to get rockboxed anyway, so I don't care really about the firmware issues.

If it had a mic and I could get one in 16GB, I would buy one and try to help with the rockbox port.

I don't use a mic _that_ often - but when it comes in handy, it _really_ comes in handy.

I guess I'll be staying with a zip.

For sure I assume that 64GB will work fine if formatted to FAT32...

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #87 of 216
So they have just turned up on our Australian eBay (16GB, 8GB, 4GB models) located in Israel. 

This is all very well, however the price this seller is asking anywhere between $88 - $132 AUD depending on internal storage size.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSansa+clip+sport&_nkw=Sansa+clip+sport&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #88 of 216
So they have just turned up on our Australian eBay (16GB, 8GB, 4GB models) located in Israel. 

This is all very well, however the price this seller is asking anywhere between $88 - $132 AUD depending on internal storage size.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSansa+clip+sport&_nkw=Sansa+clip+sport&_sacat=0&_from=R40

=) the other guy from israel on ebay used to sell 4-8gb refurb clip zips err 4 for $132 shipped :D (practically per kilo)

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #89 of 216
=) the other guy from israel on ebay used to sell 4-8gb refurb clip zips err 4 for $132 shipped
biggrin.gif
(practically per kilo)

What we need to do is wait for our mate istor in the UK to start selling refurbs.

Everyone start buying the new model then returning it!  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back