Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Jan 5, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #211 of 216
Hi all, question about the Clip Sport ReplayGain feature in System Settings.
I am trying to verify that ReplayGain "Songs" is actually working.
If I change the setting from Off to Songs, when should the volume level change become noticeable?
(a) right when I change the setting
(b) after I pause and unpause the playing track
(c) after full reboot
(d) other

thank you

--jay

PS.  I am very familiar with how scanning and tagging for ReplayGain works, I verified the files on the Clip Sport have the ReplayGain Track and Peak ID3 tags.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #213 of 216
  What's the word on rockbox for this player? Or is it crappy enough that they're skipping and waiting for next release?

Last I heard, they aren't going to port Rockbox to the Clip Sport.

The Sport has a different chip from previous Clips, which gives it better battery life, but also makes it really difficult (perhaps impossible?) to put Rockbox on it.

I read this months ago on AnythingButiPod, so there's a small chance this is outdated information. I wouldn't bet on that, though. If you want Rockbox, get a Clip Zip or a Clip+.

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #214 of 216
I have had the clip+ and the clip zip and both of them had battery issues. However in my mind i though rockbox made these little players to sound better.. I don´t think they do to be honest. However what rockbox gives you is boat loads of options which i really did not need. I just have my music in folders based on genre, then albums. I select an album an play it. 

I do miss one option that rockbox have and that is the software crosfeed feature. I kinda liked that. 

The sport is not a bad player for most people. The battery life is way better and i like the button layout better as well compared to the older generations. 

I just wanted to shed some light on the sport here, it´s not a bad player..It just lacks the rockbox fw feature and since that is a 3rd party software, we really cant blame Sandisk for that now can we? That said, i understand your loss of rockbox..It´s kinda neat to have, but not necessary :)

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #215 of 216
I have had the clip+ and the clip zip and both of them had battery issues. However in my mind i though rockbox made these little players to sound better.. I don´t think they do to be honest. However what rockbox gives you is boat loads of options which i really did not need. I just have my music in folders based on genre, then albums. I select an album an play it. 

I do miss one option that rockbox have and that is the software crosfeed feature. I kinda liked that. 

The sport is not a bad player for most people. The battery life is way better and i like the button layout better as well compared to the older generations. 

I just wanted to shed some light on the sport here, it´s not a bad player..It just lacks the rockbox fw feature and since that is a 3rd party software, we really cant blame Sandisk for that now can we? That said, i understand your loss of rockbox..It´s kinda neat to have, but not necessary :)

except for fully customizable Equalizer (q, f, db). The built-in Sansa EQ is rubish

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #216 of 216

Haven't used the sport yet so I can't comment on that, but with my zip the stock ui was terrible. It would constantly freeze and crash. Wouldn't load all my music. Didn't support all my file formats. Without rockbox the zip would have been useless for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back