Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Feb 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #61 of 216
  I'm no expert opening things and doubt it will look like new after :)
You can use (if you have) reward certificates and bring the price down to zero if you have enough of them. I used a couple and got it down to half!

reward certificates? like gift cards? its still the same price.  

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #62 of 216

reward certificates? like gift cards? its still the same price.  

BB has their own system of Reward Certificates (I think 250 points for every purchase equals $5 in reward certificates). I had several reward certificates and a gift card (from buying a sports watch).

So if you have $30 in RC & GC you can get the sports for $49.99 - $30.00

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #63 of 216
A forum admin on a SanDisk forum said "The 16GB version will be offered in all regions. The release for the 16GB is still a few months out. It will have the same 4000 folder/file database limit for internal and 4000 folder/file limit for external memory. These databases are not combined and must be accessed separately.

Forum Admin
slotmonsta "

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #66 of 216
Since the firmware appears to be beta, and I refuse to be forced to use Rockbox, I'm holding off on purchasing this player. The lack of the release of the 16gb model in the USA is also a factor. :mad:

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #68 of 216
How do you ascertain that it's in beta? And do we know yet if rockbox works on it? We need someone to crack it open ASAP

If the ability to select MSC/MTP isn't available in the settings, and the music files only play in one particular way, it's beta firmware.

And the player just came out. Do you think Rockbox will just magically appear?

The person who asked to see the internals earlier on in the thread is a Rockbox dev - he ask so he can have an idea of what's possibly ahead as far as development is concerned.

Unless you decide to order one, and you could compile a Rockbox build for the clip sport. :wink:

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #70 of 216
TDS, the lack of MTP support doesn't appear to be due to the newness of the player -- It seems the Clip Sport is simply an MSC-only affair. I'll bet you all the squowzles in the world that, even with its final firmware release, the Sport won't see MTP as a feature.

That's not to say there aren't other bugs which constitute poor coding on SanDisk's part...

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #71 of 216
I guess since windows media is basically dead as a platform, no sense paying for it.  

I wonder if they're using our decoder for WMA.  Probably not, but it would explain why they don't support DRM.  

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #72 of 216
The new sports headphone out is just like the clip+, but may be better. Using XBA-1, the Sport has less bass and treble is crisp. With the clip+, bass was muddy. I use both for running and will be getting rid of the clip+, because the small fonts are just toooooo small for me to focus while running. Also the shirt clip is more stronger than clip.

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #75 of 216
  Then why does Best Buy's page say there's an "integrated voice recorder"?

Typo, I'm guessing. (Leftover vestiges of the Clip Zip's ad copy?) I'd trust the manufacturer's site/manual and user feedback over a lone retailer's product page.

There are oodles of little programs that convert micro sd cards to exfat quickly and easily.

You'd need to do the opposite (convert a 64GB microSDXC's native ExFAT to FAT32), but yes, it should theoretically then work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back