Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 28, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #23,431 of 42,765
Thanks, Tom.  

With Amazon Prime, the free returns means if it is too tight, I can swap for the larger.  My IEM are in their own case, though having everything in one case might be nice. 

I flew cross country (including blistering red eye) this week with Mojo.  With the length of the flights, normal delays and a not-so-normal delay, it helped the long hours pass nicely.  I had some nice playlists ready in "off line content" and timed it just right.  Mojo has provoked some interesting conversations, too!  

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #23,432 of 42,765
No, there is no approximate ETA for the module, yet.

Chord are working hard on developing the module, but it's a complex circuit, with a lot of functionality, and is quite unique, so it will take time to develop.

Personally, I would not expect to see it before 2017.

The most recent comment about the module, from John Franks, was this:
Hi john I'm a bit more coherent now yes what you'd said was fine I think you can let out that we are intending to have a launch event in Las Vegas with production to follow in the first quarter. Please appologise on our behalf for the time it's taken but this stuff is hard to do sometimes. Cheers the Tokyo Show awaits .

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #23,435 of 42,765
Thanks, Tom.  

With Amazon Prime, the free returns means if it is too tight, I can swap for the larger.  My IEM are in their own case, though having everything in one case might be nice. 

I flew cross country (including blistering red eye) this week with Mojo.  With the length of the flights, normal delays and a not-so-normal delay, it helped the long hours pass nicely.  I had some nice playlists ready in "off line content" and timed it just right.  Mojo has provoked some interesting conversations, too!  

Pelican cases are so nice you may want to keep the small one while getting the bigger one :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #23,437 of 42,765
Hi guys any recommendations for the otg cable to connect mojo to my samsung s7e? Thanks mates!!

check the 3rd post, you have options in every price range.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #23,438 of 42,765
I'm in need of some help.

I want a new DAC/AMP for my K10, something that's easy to use with my iOS and Android phones.  The Mojo seems to fit my needs perfectly.  However, I already have an RSA Predator.  How do these two compare?

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #23,439 of 42,765

The Schiit Jotenheim is shockingly good with the HD650, especially balanced out. You normally have to go quite high up the food chain to find a good SS pairing. That may be one of the best bang for buck/easy pairings.. 

(Disclaimer, I am too lazy to baby tube amps, and thus love that there's finally a good affordable balanced SS option for my HD650s- I'm sure there are some decent value tube pairings too.)

Impressions! How is Jotunheim compared with Mojo? Both as a DAC and AMP.

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #23,440 of 42,765
  Impressions! How is Jotunheim compared with Mojo? Both as a DAC and AMP.

Geez, I have repeated such observations endlessly, I know it's a long and rambling thread, but.. 
biggrin.gif

I don't use the Jot as a DAC, I use a Modi Multibit, or sometimes my Mojo. The Mojo sounds nice through it, by the way- it's a very revealing and powerful amp. The Mojo is a tiny bit relaxed/rolled off in the highs, though- so if that's an issue, it's worth bearing in mind (it's a very subtle effect, I assume it's just a bit of tuning to make it easy and non-fatiguing).

Mojo sounds.. great with easy to drive headphones like IEMs, HD25, Oppo PM-3. It sounds "meh" with middling easy to drive stuff like HE400i. With harder to drive headphones , for example HD650, it sounds frankly awful. It will go loud, but be very boring, rolled-off and lacking in detail.. You can't expect a battery-powered pocket-sized DAC/SE amp to be good at that stuff, really, though.

Jotenheim can drive pretty much anything, it's very clean, quiet and powerful. It's a beast. The only thing I haven't enjoyed on it so far were my SE535s, which sounded a bit thin. Because it's very clear and unsparing, headphones that suffer nasty treble spikes will be a little painful through the Jot. HD700 and HD800 need not apply, though I didn't mind HD800S (might be a bit too much treble for some people).

Essentially, it's an apples to oranges comparison. The Mojo has a lot of compromises in form factor, thermals, and ability to drive headphones, to be mobile. The Jotenheim is a fully balanced desktop amp into which you can add a balanced USB DAC. You'll find that the DAC is fine and competent, but probably not quite as smooth and lovely as either the Mojo or a Schiit multibit.

If you want more of me banging on about the Jot, I wrote a review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/schiit-audio-jotunheim/reviews/16839

Essentially, I use the Mojo as a mobile sound source with IEMs or HD-25, and my Jot/Mimby as desktop audio source with HD650/HE400i, most of the time. Those two configurations are both very pleasant and enjoyable.

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #23,441 of 42,765
i know this might have been asked before but i apologize to ask again

so I am stacking my fiio x7 with mojo with dyson coax, now with stock music player in fiio x7 i can see that files that are 24/192 the light indicator is blue but when i play the same file using neutron the light is red

any thoughts on this 

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #23,442 of 42,765
  i know this might have been asked before but i apologize to ask again

so I am stacking my fiio x7 with mojo with dyson coax, now with stock music player in fiio x7 i can see that files that are 24/192 the light indicator is blue but when i play the same file using neutron the light is red

any thoughts on this 

Do you need to enable the option in Neutron (in the audio hardware prefs) to follow source sample rate, maybe?

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #23,443 of 42,765

Do you need to enable the option in Neutron (in the audio hardware prefs) to follow source sample rate, maybe?

tried it but still did not work

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #23,444 of 42,765
  tried it but still did not work

OK, do you have "Direct USB Driver" enabled? If not, it will be playing out via Android's soundflinger libs, which will be sample rate converting. Do note that that the direct USB support in Neutron is quite buggy, though, and may not work. Onkyo HF Player or USB Audio Player Pro might be a better bet, if you're trying to drive an external DAC from Android.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #23,445 of 42,765

OK, do you have "Direct USB Driver" enabled? If not, it will be playing out via Android's soundflinger libs, which will be sample rate converting. Do note that that the direct USB support in Neutron is quite buggy, though, and may not work. Onkyo HF Player or USB Audio Player Pro might be a better bet, if you're trying to drive an external DAC from Android.

but i am not using any usb cable as i am using coax with fiio x7 and mojo

but i will try what you suggested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back