Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #23,401 of 42,765
Just saying 3V or 6V makes no sense without context. I asked if it was 3Vpp, 3Vpk or 3Vrms and if that was measured at full scale, -6dBFS, etc. ... Without this information the value is nonsensical.

If you had used the search functionality, you could have found

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/6975#post_12168788

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/5505#post_12095036

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/7425#post_12186994

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #23,402 of 42,765
Nice... one of those "use the search function even though I know the answer" elitists...

Only the third link has the relevant information by the way...

I have a new challenge for your outstanding searching skills... What is the step size for the volume control in dB?

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #23,403 of 42,765
Those with the HD 650, what amp pairs well with the Mojo?

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #23,404 of 42,765
Nice... one of those "use the search function even though I know the answer" elitists...

I have a new challenge for your outstanding searching skills... What is the step size for the volume control in dB?

Man you really seem to have an aversion against post #3... or are you going to ask every question that has been answered there? Well I'll cut you some slack and assume your name nails it... But one should also assume that someone with your technical background should be able to use the search function.
It seems like you enjoy making this thread your personal quiz, where others are supposed to do the digging for you.... Speaking about elitists.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #23,405 of 42,765
Man you really seem to have an aversion against post #3... or are you going to ask every question that has been answered there? Well I'll cut you some slack and assume your name nails it... But one should also assume that someone with your technical background should be able to use the search function.
It seems like you enjoy making this thread your personal quiz, where others are supposed to do the digging for you.... Speaking about elitists.

Well considering the post I was sent to that actually contained relevant information also contained factually incorrect information (3Vrms is NOT 9Vpp, it's ~8.48Vpp).... I don't think it's unreasonable to try to get a consensus on some of these questions.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #23,406 of 42,765

LOL - that was already answered, in Rob Watts' quote, present in post #3 and quoted on the previous page www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/23385#post_12897319

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #23,407 of 42,765

If you want to try and teach sarcasm to a brit, you will come in second place. 
wink.gif

I am not an elitist, but I have followed this thread from almost day 1, and have tried to provide helpful advice and information when I can. Others like Mython have posted hundreds or thousands of times, trying to help newcomers. To help newcomers, Mython has single handedly collected as much information as possible into a knowledge base contained in post #3. It gets us all frustrated when people just post questions, which they could easily have found the answer to, in post #3.

Some people are just too lazy to search, and want other people to do the searching for them.
A few days ago you posted that "I have some knowledge as an FPGA and ASIC designer that works on DSP algorithms, and as an EE in general". So I assumed that you had plenty of experience in higher education (and maybe been employed in research work), and consequently were well used to using the search functionality available in modern software.

I obviously grossly overestimated your motivation - you were happy for me to do the legwork, and then resort to insulting me. It is a 'carton jaune' for you.

Finally I think that the answer is 1dB per click, but it has been discussed within the thread, so you can always search and validate that answer.  

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #23,409 of 42,765
Anyone have an idea of a short 3 to 6in usb OTG for my note5 to mojo? Something that looks cool and is also good quality, but under 50$

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #23,410 of 42,765

LOL - that was already answered, in Rob Watts' quote, present in post #3 and quoted on the previous page www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/23385#post_12897319

Quote:

wink.gif

I am not an elitist, but I have followed this thread from almost day 1, and have tried to provide helpful advice and information when I can. Others like Mython have posted hundreds or thousands of times, trying to help newcomers. To help newcomers, Mython has single handedly collected as much information as possible into a knowledge base contained in post #3. It gets us all frustrated when people just post questions, which they could easily have found the answer to, in post #3.

Some people are just too lazy to search, and want other people to do the searching for them.
A few days ago you posted that "I have some knowledge as an FPGA and ASIC designer that works on DSP algorithms, and as an EE in general". So I assumed that you had plenty of experience in higher education (and maybe been employed in research work), and consequently were well used to using the search functionality available in modern software.

I obviously grossly overestimated your motivation - you were happy for me to do the legwork, and then resort to insulting me. It is a 'carton jaune' for you.

Finally I think that the answer is 1dB per click, but it has been discussed within the thread, so you can always search and validate that answer.  

Okay, so the preset is 3Vrms which is ~+9.54dBV and nominal standard line level is ~+1.78dBV. If each step is 1dB then to get to line level it would be 8 clicks down, not 4... so where does 4 come from?

And now you know why I have to ask questions that have already been asked.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #23,411 of 42,765
Well considering the post I was sent to that actually contained relevant information also contained factually incorrect information (3Vrms is NOT 9Vpp, it's ~8.48Vpp).... I don't think it's unreasonable to try to get a consensus on some of these questions.

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man. :wink:

I'm not interested in an argument or gonna pretend to know things I don't... Just one more thing, my uncle likes to point out that friendliness is a boomerang... Same goes for other attitudes, I guess

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #23,412 of 42,765
  Okay, so the preset is 3Vrms which is ~+9.54dBV and nominal standard line level is ~+1.78dBV. If each step is 1dB then to get to line level it would be 8 clicks down, not 4... so where does 4 come from?

If you had really read the link that you were given, you would have come across the following from Rob Watts.

Quote:
  Yes 4 clicks down will set it to 1.9v (both balls indigo). Each step is always a 1 dB change.

Rob Watts will always top trump you as a 'FPGA and ASIC designer that works on DSP algorithms', and if Rob says that it is 1 dB, then I believe him.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #23,413 of 42,765
No external apps required, it will work instantly. 

(Did for me, with an S7Edge).

Unfortunately the Mojo refuses to talk to my Note 7, unfortunately. Weird, as it was so happy to talk to the S7 Edge, and they are fairly similar phones. 

I installed the UAPP on my Note 7 and it works perfectly with the Mojo. Spotify and Tidal also work beautifully.

What cable are you using?

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #23,414 of 42,765

If you had really read the link that you were given, you would have come across the following from Rob Watts.

Quote:
  Yes 4 clicks down will set it to 1.9v (both balls indigo). Each step is always a 1 dB change.

Rob Watts will always top trump you as a 'FPGA and ASIC designer that works on DSP algorithms', and if Rob says that it is 1 dB, then I believe him.

Math is clearly not your strong suit. 1.9Vrms is 4dB down from 3Vrms. Just as 1.78dBV is ~8dB down from 3Vrms. I didn't contradict him, I used his statement for my calculations.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #23,415 of 42,765

Quote:

wink.gif

I wouldn't presume to know better than the designer, so I won't presume to answer your question further.

That aside, forgive me for saying so, but you do come across as having a rather confrontational attitude.

If you were to take the time to look back through the thread, you would find that many of us have been consistently trying to help hundreds of Mojo owners, this past year. Being confrontational and hurling accusations at people for nudging you to do a little looking reflects more upon yourself than it does upon others with a documented history of sincerely trying to help others.    So, please - I respectfully ask you to turn it down a notch and play nice. Perhaps Rob may answer your question, if he has time to keep up with the thread, in between his development work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back