Chord Hugo
Feb 10, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #13,082 of 15,694
Somewhere along the line they modified the case slightly to give greater access to ports. 
Yes. I just found that through another member here. Thanks for getting back to me with that.

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #13,083 of 15,694
My Hugo pairs really well with my LCD-XC, so I can't get the point here.

Well we do have different ears and opinion. If you enjoy the combo, good for you. My friend and I did some testing with Hugo and Audezes, and we both didn't like Hugo paired with XC.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #13,084 of 15,694
Well we do have different ears and opinion. If you enjoy the combo, good for you. My friend and I did some testing with Hugo and Audezes, and we both didn't like Hugo paired with XC.

Pairing with the LCD-2 is excellent.  Hugo seems to match up well with a slightly warmer headphone.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #13,085 of 15,694
  Pairing with the LCD-2 is excellent.  Hugo seems to match up well with a slightly warmer headphone.

I also liked that combination, when I still had my LCD-2 (sold it some months ago)

And I completely agree with you on how Hugo matches well with warmer sounding headphones and iems!
Absolutely love it (great synergy) with my Solar
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #13,086 of 15,694

Great pairing with LCD-3 too :) 

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #13,088 of 15,694
Alright, here goes with some (probably dumb) questions.

1. Does anyone here have problems/issues running the Hugo as the DAC for their full system, as in not-portable?  As in leaving it charging via usb all the time?
2. Does anyone here run the RCA outs to balanced XLR's via converter?  Thoughts on that?  I'm aware it won't actually be a balanced signal.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #13,089 of 15,694

1. Does anyone here have problems/issues running the Hugo as the DAC for their full system, as in not-portable?  As in leaving it charging via usb all the time?
2. Does anyone here run the RCA outs to balanced XLR's via converter?  Thoughts on that?  I'm aware it won't actually be a balanced signal.

i did not know that the hugo charges via usb, I use its charger which does not hurt it no matter how long its charging. I dont run balanced.

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #13,091 of 15,694

I have the charger connected to the Chord Hugo. Then high end RCA cable to the Taurus MKII and from there it goes balanced with XLR output to the HD 800 S.

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #13,092 of 15,694
Mine is in my full system.
It's always plugged in and charging, and often left switched on too.

It's meant to be used like that and it is fine.

It doesn't charge via USB as others have said, as this would affect the sound.

The only issue is the very low power consumption the charger will pull by being always on. That's irrelevant to the actual use of the kit, though.

No idea about balanced cable converters.

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #13,093 of 15,694
Mine is always on as well, even though it is my bedside rig, I very rarely turn it of. An AK100 is used as transport with a sys concept optical connect. I use either my HE500's or my RHA T20's depending on whether leakage is an issue A fantastic piece of kit.

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #13,095 of 15,694
C
Interestingly I have twice been at events where Chord demo the XC and Hugo combination. In their opinion in pairs well.

I would guess with the XC being closed, it offers a better demo in a public venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back