Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #13,621 of 35,472
  If you can find them, pickup the SoundSoul S-018 IEM's small phone huge sound, with the right tips good isolation at around $7.99 from Amazon

Thanks for a very fast response mrmoto, I bought some IEM's (Cresyn LMX-E630) years ago and found i wasn't too keen on them. Having the left side twice as long as the right meant they always fell out too.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #13,622 of 35,472
  If you can find them, pickup the SoundSoul S-018 IEM's small phone huge sound, with the right tips good isolation at around $7.99 from Amazon

They are now $12.99USD from Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GISUL8/

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #13,624 of 35,472
I agree with thatBeatsguy, the takstar pro 80 are fantastically well built headphones. Depending on sellers they can come with a ridiculously large briefcase that you can keep them in for travel but I pretty much use them at home. They are quite a bit larger than the dolphins with a pretty long cord so they wouldn't particularly be suited for portable use. With nice big and comfy brainwavz hm5 pads they are pretty comfy for all day wear where I would at times get a bit sore on my ears from wearing my dolphins for a while. If you planning on use them with your computer the kingston hyperx cloud is the same thing just with a detachable mic, comes with leather and velour pads. Next month they are coming out with an updated version that uses usb which is pretty handy.

Just about to order these to find info regarding these are not that comfortable for people with bigger heads, i do have quite a big head, , how true is this info?

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #13,625 of 35,472
Anyone tried or gonna try these budget woodies from lunashops? $12 and other offerings from the brand have been reviewed well too (2-3 years ago).

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3433

These arent too famous which is a shame for the mid-centrish sound they have compared to v-shaped IEMs at this price point. Analogsurvivor recommended them to me years ago, their housings are REALLY small and light. Thought they were discontinued everywhere... http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3426

Yup ...me have the XKDUN CK-700 ....pretty good ....maybe shld try this CK-W1000
What post ? ...cheers

i've been praising XKDUN woodies a couple of posts ago. All of the XKDUN models can be bought half the price of lunashops from eforchina. Really nice IEMs for the price.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #13,626 of 35,472
  Hello to you Chinese/Asian brand aficionados, my first post here, I was going to read through the thread but not a chance, this thread is huge!

I am looking for a closed HP for use from my phone for walkies and travel. I was looking at the Takstar Pro80 (I've checked in on their thread) but apparantly my phone may not drive them that well (even though they "scale up" well, i've already ordered a AKG K612 pro for home use)

Music choice is Folk-Rock/Folk/Alt-Rock/Acoustic/Indie/Soul/Classical.

Any help welcome. I was looking at the Pro80's for £35. I hear people praise the DonDolphins, but at £50 I'd really like to try them before spending that. Thanks

I got the Takstar pro 80 and the Dolphins, I like them both but wouldn't say the pro 80 are really a portable set of cans. They are fairly large but with brainwavz hm5 pads they are super comfy. Cord is quite a long and thick cord. They were designed for home/studio use whereas the dolphins are much lower profile design and I use on the go pretty often. Cup size are tad shallow so I get a bit uncomfortable after prolonged use but I get used to it.

Just about to order these to find info regarding these are not that comfortable for people with bigger heads, i do have quite a big head, , how true is this info?

Maybe if you are using them with stock pads. With the brainwavz hm5 pads I can wear the pro 80 all day and feel super comfy on my big head lol.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 15, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #13,628 of 35,472
  I got the Takstar pro 80 and the Dolphins, I like them both but wouldn't say the pro 80 are really a portable set of cans. They are fairly large but with brainwavz hm5 pads they are super comfy. Cord is quite a long and thick cord. They were designed for home/studio use whereas the dolphins are much lower profile design and I use on the go pretty often. Cup size are tad shallow so I get a bit uncomfortable after prolonged use but I get used to it.

Maybe if you are using them with stock pads. With the brainwavz hm5 pads I can wear the pro 80 all day and feel super comfy on my big head lol.

Thanks Netforce, looks like i'll look elsewhere for a portable pair

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #13,629 of 35,472
Jan 15, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #13,631 of 35,472
  They are pushing them as portable, and on the go, but why make them open back???? Doesn't make sense.

they are listed as "semi-open". i just got some fidelio L1 (semi-open) and they seem to work great with music playing.  the other day i had them at about 60% volume and my gf was talking to me and i didnt hear a thing she said.   i guess for being out and about they are fine.  probably not the best if in a crowded train or library due to sound leakage. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #13,633 of 35,472
  Guys, where's that love for Ostry?!

KC08!

http://www.ostry.com.cn/?language=zh#

Any new news about them. Their site got updated like a month ago and otherwise there hasn't been anything new info wise since then.
  They are pushing them as portable, and on the go, but why make them open back???? Doesn't make sense.

The koss portapro and ksc75 are also semi open, both function well outside. 

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back