Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #13,638 of 35,472
Nothing about specs and release date, just the picture 
biggrin.gif

I just know that the KC07 will have the KC06 driver + 1BA, nothing more.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #13,639 of 35,472
SYUN ME-1

SYUN is a relatively new brand out of China with an apparently well known (in China) acoustic tuning staff behind it. The ME-1 is the current flagship, and it is an impressive debut.

Specifications: 
  1. Driver unit: 9.8 mm dynamic driver 
  2. Rated Impedance: 30 Ohm 
  3. Sensitivity: 120 dB/mW 
  4. Frequency response: 15Hz- 22KHz 
  5. Plug: 3.5mm gold plated plug
  6. Cable: 1.20 mm TPU cable

Build Quality: 
  1. Attractive, flashy design 
  2. Sturdy, light

With its shiny gold metallic coated housing, a quick visual of the ME-1 is striking. A large grilled vent in the back allows a semi-open sound with good isolation. The housing is small and should fit in most ears without any issues. The cable has little to no microphonics, but it is more of a standard wire look and subdued compared to the housing.

Accessories:
  1. 3 pairs of silicon tips (S,M,L)
  2. Velvet Bag

For a $100 IEM, this is a bit disappointing. The silicone tips are standard issue and not much better than what you would get from cheaper IEMS. The Hifiman RE-400 came with an abundance of tips at this price in comparison. The lack of accessories makes it seem like less of a value, but then again most enthusiasts have their own special sets of tips they enjoy. I’m all for cutting back fluff in order to lower the buying price, so I hope that’s what SYUN went for here.

Sound Quality:
  1. Mostly analytical, flat sound
  2. Can be a bit thin for bass lovers
  3. Vocals shine
  4. Big soundstage
  5. Benefits greatly from an amp

The ME-1 can be best described as a dynamic earphone that sounds like a single balanced armature one. The sound kept reminding me of the MeElectronics A161P BA, but at a more refined level.

The sound is very analytical, which is unusual from a single dynamic driver. Those who like a thick, deep, driving bass will not find it here, as the sound signature remains relatively flat throughout. It does take EQ well, so a good 30% bass boost is possible (and pleasing).

The tuning is centered on excellent vocal performance. Clarity and soundstage are above average and validate the ~$100 price point. The wide soundstage is very reminiscent of the Havi B3 Pro 1’s, although not quite at its level.

The flat sound is both a pro and a con. Highs can seem to be a bit much at times, which is the same problem I had with the A161P. Unlike the A161P, a bass boost can be applied to smooth things out without ruining the sound. EDM and bass oriented music can sound a bit thin as well without that boost. If you loved the A161P, you’ll love the ME-1 as well.

The ME-1 is also a bit hard to drive. Out of a smartphone they are just barely passable. With a small or solid amp, the extra power allows the ME-1 to be driven properly to its full capability.

Thoughts:

I love transparent, analytical sound with the ability to add bass boost as needed without distortion. The ME-1 does this, and does it well. If you like this kind of sound, the SYUN is worth a buy. Recommended.

The SYUN ME-1 can be found at lendmeurears.com
http://www.lendmeurears.com/syun-me-1/

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #13,642 of 35,472
I just received my new pair of Ivery IS-1 after my last pair broke and I could get these for dirt cheap from mp4nation. Compared to the old pair the sound is much worse, sounds kind of muffled whereas the old pair that was broken in was slightly more airy and had better mids and highs. Still waiting for my VJJB K1 to come in as well as my Piston 2.0(which I loved but lost somewhere)

Also got my eye on the TTPOD T1E and T2E but first got to burn through these IEMs

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #13,643 of 35,472
  I just received my new pair of Ivery IS-1 after my last pair broke and I could get these for dirt cheap from mp4nation. Compared to the old pair the sound is much worse, sounds kind of muffled whereas the old pair that was broken in was slightly more airy and had better mids and highs. Still waiting for my VJJB K1 to come in as well as my Piston 2.0(which I loved but lost somewhere)

Also got my eye on the TTPOD T1E and T2* but first got to burn through these IEMs

FTFY. 
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #13,644 of 35,472
Soundsoul S-018 beat Tenores or not? Anyone ??

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #13,645 of 35,472
Soundsoul S-018 beat Tenores or not? Anyone ??

The A71 is like the big brother of the Tenore. Very similar ss, but with much bigger bass on the A71. The S-018 similarities to the Tenore begin and end with the mids and soundstage. Both are smooth, non sibilant, and detailed, with wide soundstage, BUT the S-018 has far greater extension on the top and the bottom compared to the Tenore. Cymbals and Crashes shimmer and roll off much later than the Tenore, and the bass, though similar in quality, digs deeper and has more punch, while the Tenore is slightly more articulate and tame.

Hope this helps?

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #13,646 of 35,472
The A71 is like the big brother of the Tenore. Very similar ss, but with much bigger bass on the A71. The S-018 similarities to the Tenore begin and end with the mids and soundstage. Both are smooth, non sibilant, and detailed, with wide soundstage, BUT the S-018 has far greater extension on the top and the bottom compared to the Tenore. Cymbals and Crashes shimmer and roll off much later than the Tenore, and the bass, though similar in quality, digs deeper and has more punch, while the Tenore is slightly more articulate and tame.

Hope this helps?

Oh... overall they ARE better than Tenores.

Makes me even more sad that they are only available in US ~ 

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #13,647 of 35,472
EISENbricher, where do you live?

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #13,648 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back