Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #13,592 of 35,472
Jan 15, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #13,593 of 35,472
Dug out my XBA-H3's last night just to take a break from all of the cheaper China IEM's I've been listening to the last few months.
Wow, they leave most of my other IEM's in the dust, so much fuller, richer and huge soundstage. Makes the others like soundsoul sound sort of hollow sounding . I do agree there is a huge difference in price, but the sound stage/signature changes exponentially also. 

That is why I am more than pleased to just stay at the budget price range. I am rather careless and sometimes lose things or damage them like recently i was exiting the train and the cords got caught in a lady's handbag and she was oblivious to it and continued moving inside, i was outside and the train door just shut and my earphones made its own solo journey 1/2 in the carriage and 1/2 outside.

Once your ear has "evolved" to appreciate higher grade earphones, everything else is just not satisfying. I am lucky I can still say that I enjoy the sound of my KZs and if I lose one, i replace it with little or no sorrow.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #13,594 of 35,472
Can anyone recommend any good tip suppliers in china? I tried a selection of foam tips from a seller a few months back, they weren't bad, they just weren't great :frowning2: Different colours had different mould consistencies so I've only ended up using the grey tips out of that pack in the end.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #13,596 of 35,472
Anyone tried or gonna try these budget woodies from lunashops? $12 and other offerings from the brand have been reviewed well too (2-3 years ago).

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3433

These arent too famous which is a shame for the mid-centrish sound they have compared to v-shaped IEMs at this price point. Analogsurvivor recommended them to me years ago, their housings are REALLY small and light. Thought they were discontinued everywhere... http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3426

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #13,598 of 35,472
Anyone tried or gonna try these budget woodies from lunashops? $12 and other offerings from the brand have been reviewed well too (2-3 years ago).

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3433

These arent too famous which is a shame for the mid-centrish sound they have compared to v-shaped IEMs at this price point. Analogsurvivor recommended them to me years ago, their housings are REALLY small and light. Thought they were discontinued everywhere... http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3426

Yup ...me have the XKDUN CK-700 ....pretty good ....maybe shld try this CK-W1000

I love this post more that I can say. This post make me feel really brotherly.

What post ? ...cheers

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #13,601 of 35,472
Well my VJJB K1's arrived this morning? Got to mess with tips yet but I'm not hugely impressed. They sound very compressed and muddy to me, particularly if you use silicone tips.

Welcome in the club of the hype-train victims, LOL :wink:

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #13,602 of 35,472
Well my VJJB K1's arrived this morning? Got to mess with tips yet but I'm not hugely impressed. They sound very compressed and muddy to me, particularly if you use silicone tips.

Same here.  Not a fan of the VJJB K1 sound, got to try a few tips.

They fit well though and I will most likely keep them for fun bassy stuff.

My SoundSOUL S-018 were the best Hype Train purchase ever though.  LOVE THEM.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #13,603 of 35,472
That is why I am more than pleased to just stay at the budget price range. I am rather careless and sometimes lose things or damage them like recently i was exiting the train and the cords got caught in a lady's handbag and she was oblivious to it and continued moving inside, i was outside and the train door just shut and my earphones made its own solo journey 1/2 in the carriage and 1/2 outside.

Once your ear has "evolved" to appreciate higher grade earphones, everything else is just not satisfying. I am lucky I can still say that I enjoy the sound of my KZs and if I lose one, i replace it with little or no sorrow.

I fully understand. I only listen to the H3's at home. I buy the budget phones also, they are kind of like Lay's Potato Chips..."Bet you can't eat just one" if you get the drift..LOL Waiting on my VSD5 and TTPOD 2's HA!

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #13,604 of 35,472

Welcome in the club of the hype-train victims, LOL :wink:

lol mine still on the way. No regrets though if they are fun/bassy kind of. I'd love to have such sound.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #13,605 of 35,472
  Same here.  Not a fan of the VJJB K1 sound, got to try a few tips.

They fit well though and I will most likely keep them for fun bassy stuff.

My SoundSOUL S-018 were the best Hype Train purchase ever though.  LOVE THEM.

Try some wide bore silicon tips if you have them, or Comply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back