Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #842 of 35,472
The NuForce 770X like the Sansa Fuze far more than the X3 or Sony. The iPod was pretty decent too. No amp. The treble jumps out more and is more sparkly with the Sansa, and more spatial with the iPod. Similar to the Piston, only the Piston loves the Sony.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #844 of 35,472
I can't wait for my DUNU DN-1000 to be in. I'm hoping that will be the be all end all? Tonight though I go IEM shopping one last time, with the money I got from selling my KEF M200.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #845 of 35,472
I can't wait for my DUNU DN-1000 to be in. I'm hoping that will be the be all end all? Tonight though I go IEM shopping one last time, with the money I got from selling my KEF M200.

I thought the Inearpeace would be the end all, unless you wanted something in the $300+ region? The Dunu doesn't sound like it would be one.

I actually thought M200 reviews seemed to be overall better than Dunu's. Lots of us (including myself) just ended up having problems with the M200 fit wise or build quality wise though.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #846 of 35,472
  I thought the Inearpeace would be the end all, unless you wanted something in the $300+ region? The Dunu doesn't sound like it would be one.

I actually thought M200 reviews seemed to be overall better than Dunu's. Lots of us (including myself) just ended up having problems with the M200 fit wise or build quality wise though.

Nah. Once I got to hear the Piston, the M200 didn't differentiate itself enough from a $20.00 IEM. i sold within a couple hours from firing up the Piston. It wasn't the fit for me. They fit me just fine. I just didn't dig the laid back treble. The M200, though a very capable and lush sound, reminded me of the TDK IE800, with more richer bass, and I couldn't sell the IE800 fast enough. 

The IEP is a marvelous IEM, and something sweet, but the DUNU is a TWFK dual BA up top, so it's like comparing a single BA to a dual BA IEM, and though yes I understand there are single BA's that can come CLOSE to competing with a dual BA, in the end they fall short. This is what I expect. If the DUNU can't distance itself from the IEP, then yes, you'll see the DUNU on my sale list as well. 

The Pistons might be the last of my single dynamics though? It goes toe to toe sonically with my Trumpets, and I made my fiance listen to the Pistons unamped, and even she went "WOW...these are really high def! Like my Trumpets, but a little clearer." Yeah. Another person converted. Though I still don't think she's giving up my aTrumpets lol 

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #848 of 35,472
funny thing I've noticed. The X3 really doesn't like cheap IEM's. All my cheaper IEM's sound rather dull or congested with the X3, but all my higher end IEm's really shine. They sound better than they ever have with the X3. I think the X3 has a built in snob? lol

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #850 of 35,472
that sounds awesome, but I don't pay $300 for any IEM's anymore. After the $1200+ I shelled out for customs and the Sennheiser IE800 (both which I did not keep), I will never pay more than $200 for an IEM. This is why I said no to the AX-60, H3, and IM03. There's cheaper IEMs that give you comparable SQ. The Piston is one example. The IEP is another. I'm sure the DUNU DN-1000 will too?

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #852 of 35,472
  that sounds awesome, but I don't pay $300 for any IEM's anymore. After the $1200+ I shelled out for customs and the Sennheiser IE800 (both which I did not keep), I will never pay more than $200 for an IEM. This is why I said no to the AX-60, H3, and IM03. There's cheaper IEMs that give you comparable SQ. The Piston is one example. The IEP is another. I'm sure the DUNU DN-1000 will too?

LMAO now dats MY type of thinking right there!!! 100% agreed..... too cheap of a person to pay more than $300 for a set of cans or iem. $200 is already over kill for me. haha

i gots standards ya' know. : P

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #855 of 35,472
pre-orders already being accepted.......for AX35 as well.

no offense, but a single ba + single dynamic at that price, will probably sound like the Scosche hybrid, which sounds exactly like what a $50.00 hybrid should sound like...like crap. Plus with the reviews and negative press Astrotec gets...I wouldn't jump into that...but I'm sure some folks are daring enough to try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back