Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #827 of 35,472
Hi bhazard, did you get your pistons from ibuygou? I just brought them because all the praise from iemagnet, so if they don't live up to the hype it's all his fault, lol
tongue.gif

It's no one's fault ever. Whatever one person likes, another may hate.

Mine should be arriving later today.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #828 of 35,472
Does some store still offer professional version B3?

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #829 of 35,472
OK, got a pick up note for my Piston's today, it was a reminder! They actually arrived at my local post office January 2'nd, not bad but I missed the original pick up note for som reason.......

Initial impression are terrible as expected, thank you fro the heads up IEMagnet. If I was not warned I would have been very disapointed.

Visual the have all the signs of being genuine. Beside never sending me a tracking number all worked out fine from Ibuygou so I would not hesitate to recommend buying from them. As a matter of fact if they turn out to be as good as people say I will probably order a second pair from them at $19 with the free snail mail
beyersmile.png

Now burn in!

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #830 of 35,472

Is there anything on the box or phones itself to distinguish if it's the pro version?  

Nope. Nothing at all.

They only offer 1 version of the Havi now, which is a new tuning with boosted bass, nice mids, and rolled off treble it seems. Until I know what it sounds like, I cannot recommend if it is as nice as the original tuning I have. The original pro tuning is almost reference flat, which I love.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #832 of 35,472
I'm not sure at all there were two versions of the B3.
Every day I use the Audeo on gray filters and CA Pro330s (studio ciem), so Havi are for me a little too dark. For others, not necessarily.

And I changed standard ear tips to biflange from old SoundMAGIC PL30 - the sound is brighter and more open (for me definitely better). Comfort is also improved.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #833 of 35,472
  I'm not sure at all there were two versions of the B3.
Every day I use the Audeo on gray filters and CA Pro330s (studio ciem), so Havi are for me a little too dark. For others, not necessarily.

And I changed standard ear tips to biflange from old SoundMAGIC PL30 - the sound is brighter and more open (for me definitely better). Comfort is also improved.

There were. The description originally mentioned the two versions specifically and how they differed in sound. Now they made it into only 1 version with a tweaked tuning.

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #834 of 35,472
Maybe it was just a description (or plans), but Havi never actually released two versions of B3, which explains the absence of indications.
After replacing the ear tips I do not feel really bass boost (definitely less then Adagio II).

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #835 of 35,472
  Maybe it was just a description (or plans), but Havi never actually released two versions of B3, which explains the absence of indications.
After replacing the ear tips I do not feel really bass boost (definitely less then Adagio II).

They absolutely had two tunings to choose from as of 11/22/13 when I bought them. They offered the professional tuning (described as more transparent, layered, and requiring a nice dac/amp for best results), and the "enhanced" tuning at the time, which they said had strong relaxed bass, forward vocals, and was the "seller recommends" version.

They no longer offer this. Now it is just the one tuning they describe. Anyone who has seen the listing prior to this month can back me up on that, and I have no incentive or care to lie about such a thing.

I have all 3 versions on the way anyway, so I'll be able to spot any differences. Mine barely have more bass than the RE-400, it just extends lower, so I can already assume they are different. It doesn't have any boost or boom whatsoever.

I'm afraid that they may have just kept the "enhanced" version as the only one they are selling now, which is disappointing.

Here's an older evaluation:
"Purchased the professional version, to be fair headset package two days almost over 20 hours and then audition, three sound balance. And MX500 3H on hand, MX985, IE80 contrast, although we can not say under these three can PK stopper (MX500 3H treble, MX985 Alto, IE80 treble is an advantage.), But the overall tone is better than these three three plugs. Overall review, three sound balance, treble is not too bright and elegant, clear and sweet tenor vocals sound field forward, but not too much is good enough, try the bass go beyond that. Work can also be made more attractive some expect next work."

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #837 of 35,472
  I have all 3 versions on the way anyway, so I'll be able to spot any differences.

In that case, I can't wait for your opinion and description of the differences :)

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #839 of 35,472
Hi bhazard, did you get your pistons from ibuygou? I just brought them because all the praise from iemagnet, so if they don't live up to the hype it's all his fault, lol
tongue.gif

You're gonna love the piston AFTER burn in. Once those Beryllium drivers break in, they SING a beautiful song. Out of the box, they sound pedestrian at best. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #840 of 35,472
  OK, got a pick up note for my Piston's today, it was a reminder! They actually arrived at my local post office January 2'nd, not bad but I missed the original pick up note for som reason.......

Initial impression are terrible as expected, thank you fro the heads up IEMagnet. If I was not warned I would have been very disapointed.

Visual the have all the signs of being genuine. Beside never sending me a tracking number all worked out fine from Ibuygou so I would not hesitate to recommend buying from them. As a matter of fact if they turn out to be as good as people say I will probably order a second pair from them at $19 with the free snail mail
beyersmile.png

Now burn in!

Oh I know. When I put them on after an hour of sine sweeps, I was actually quite down. The Sennheiser CX150 sounded just as good if not better than the Piston. I was ready to cry foul on this thread. But I decided to be patient, since I already had the OM Audio to listen to with my X3. I let them go the customary 24 hours burn in, and like night and day, my friend. The Beryllium driver started to break in, and I was left with a $20.00 IEM that stood toe to toe with my $300 wideband microdriver Trumpets. Now I'm going to do exactly what you're thinking of. I'm ordering a back up set asap. Not because i think they will break, because they are built sturdy, but you never know if I might lose them or have them stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back