Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #8,102 of 35,472
anyone who got the KZ-ES could post a picture with him in the ear? Thannks! 
happy_face1.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #8,104 of 35,472
  So I decided to get a new faster cell service in China and needed a cheap phone to use during the transition and I picked up the Xiaomi RedMi 1S.  It was interesting as I was poking around the settings I saw an audio enhancer specifically for Xiaomi's IEM's call "MiSound enhancer".  I have a pair of Piston's v.2 laying around and gave it a try - and woah!  It transformed the Pistons into something completely different...the sound turned much fuller, the bass also isn't as boomy as before, though I think the treble suffers a bit being a bit muddier.  Just something interesting I found I wanted to share - I need to listen some more...

Probably just an EQ preset?

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #8,105 of 35,472
The takstar hi2050 are my first pair of semi open cans and I really like them. They are a tad bright for my taste, and I wish they had a touch more sub bass layer to them.

I was looking at the superlux hd681 evo. 50 mm drivers, semi open design, and a detachable cable, all for around $40 usd. Reviews state that these address previous models having overly sharp treble.

Does anyone have these that can share impressions of them?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #8,108 of 35,472
So I decided to get a new faster cell service in China and needed a cheap phone to use during the transition and I picked up the Xiaomi RedMi 1S.  It was interesting as I was poking around the settings I saw an audio enhancer specifically for Xiaomi's IEM's call "MiSound enhancer".  I have a pair of Piston's v.2 laying around and gave it a try - and woah!  It transformed the Pistons into something completely different...the sound turned much fuller, the bass also isn't as boomy as before, though I think the treble suffers a bit being a bit muddier.  Just something interesting I found I wanted to share - I need to listen some more...

If you think the treble suffers, just scroll down to the bottom of the Mi Sound enhance screen and tap on the Equalizer button to bring up the equalizer screen. Drag the 7.6khz slider a few notches up to your liking. Also make sure the type of music is correctly selected at the top of the equalizer screen.

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #8,111 of 35,472
The takstar hi2050 are my first pair of semi open cans and I really like them. They are a tad bright for my taste, and I wish they had a touch more sub bass layer to them.

I was looking at the superlux hd681 evo. 50 mm drivers, semi open design, and a detachable cable, all for around $40 usd. Reviews state that these address previous models having overly sharp treble.

Does anyone have these that can share impressions of them?

Thanks in advance.

Have you ever tried the Takstar TS-610 (or 600 silver)? I think the soundstage is sweet and the vocals sound life-like and the sub-bass is nice and sweet and not overdone. To me, after auditioning the Superlux hd681's, though they were clear, the highs were a little too dry for me. Even though the full-range was their it didn't sound realistic to me compared to the TS-610/600. The sub-bass sounds more natural and there's a sense of a natural texture and space you don't get with the hd681's.

.....I auditioned all the Takstar headphones and I was very impressed with these from there line-up.

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #8,112 of 35,472
LOVE THIS THREAD. Received my KZ ED SE . Elegant , Mnimalist Package . Great build quality , very nice sound signature. TRRS jack.
I feel now to obtain some AK240   ( Till then , I'll use my X3 ..   
wink.gif
 ) .
Never forget Mr. Tiefenbruns worlds: "Tiefenbrun also battled the thinking, since Edgar Villchur, that the loudspeakers were the most important, instead asserting primacy of "the front end", saying that the quality of sound of the source was key. Once information was lost, distorted or corrupted, was gone forever and could never be corrected; that garbage in equalled garbage out."  

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #8,113 of 35,472
Sep 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #8,115 of 35,472
Anyone try out the Takstar portable phones like the Walkman ML620 and ML650...http://www.takstar.com/en/product/detail-11-53-238-1? Don't look bad and have replaceable cables but haven't heard about their sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back