Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #29,566 of 35,472
Closest tips to those grey ones seem to be Piston 2.1 brown tips, they have almost same diameter bore but difference is in inner bore shape - greys have it widening while P2 tips  are straight walled tube. P2 tips do sound slightly bassier tho and soundstage "naturalness" isn`t so good.
To test it out - just close them with tiny piece of tape. I will close them permanently with gel-super glue.

I close the vent hole with some tape.
Now I think these 808 are amazing for the price !
Bass is cleaner, tighter, deeper, very impactful. Treble is more natural.
Overall the sound is more controlled and more natural.
It still has a bit too much bass presence. Will try the creative tips in a few weeks.
I don't feel the need to buy BK35 :blush: right now, which is good for my wallet.

Good to hear You having same improvements! Did You closed them with glue or with tape? I recommend it seal properly with gel-superglue if You like it.
Also try P2 brownie tips too if You have them.

Quote:
  If they drop to 35$ and get some positive impressions, then I`ll think about them again but until then listening to my RAW-mod.
Btw, while I think soundwise creative 930i tips are best for 808, then I`ve settled with piston 2.1 brown tips with my 808 because of wear fatigue (930i tips cause little stress & aching after longer listening, probably too hard and wide bore edge pressuring on ear-channel.
I tried different medium sized tips and to my surprise I could also get good fit with piston 2.1 medium tips.
Anyway, best tips for 808 are Piston 2.1 browns, JVC Spiral Dot and creative 930i. Certainly recommend to try one of these and others with tip-rolling. 

I just tried Piston 2.1 tip on my 808, and I do like the sound of it more than stock or foam tip that I am using. The stock medium size tip is too big that I can't get a good seal in my left ear while stock small size is too small that it's loose. Thanks for sharing.

Good to hear! I also like the sound and comfort of P2 tips.

Quote:
  If they drop to 35$ and get some positive impressions, then I`ll think about them again but until then listening to my RAW-mod.
Btw, while I think soundwise creative 930i tips are best for 808, then I`ve settled with piston 2.1 brown tips with my 808 because of wear fatigue (930i tips cause little stress & aching after longer listening, probably too hard and wide bore edge pressuring on ear-channel.
I tried different medium sized tips and to my surprise I could also get good fit with piston 2.1 medium tips.
Anyway, best tips for 808 are Piston 2.1 browns, JVC Spiral Dot and creative 930i. Certainly recommend to try one of these and others with tip-rolling. 

Do you know where I can buy these tips?

I don`t know unfortunately. You probably have to buy them. Luckily there are many rip-off fake Piston 2`s out there, so You could get those cheap with same tips :wink:

Guys, I really like what I`m hearing out of 808 RAW-mod - very big soundstage and excellent separation, midrange is improved and bass tight & textured. 
Atm listening to Devin Townsend - casualties of cool album and it sounds so open, detailed and natural.
I do think 808 has made bad step with this housing design. That dynamic driver they are using needs smaller chamber and limited air movement to act accurately and sound like it should.
so, for those who want "best" out of 808:
1) close nozzle vent holes
2) use Piston 2 or creative 930i tips.

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #29,567 of 35,472
i recieved the dqsm d2 and the EE846 last night. The dqsm had black filter on, i couldnt handle it, too bright, gotta roll filters
[/IMG]. So just tried on the EE846, i was like this is okay. Been trying it since morning. The EE846, soundstage and details are holy ******* god **** crazy good. Soundstage is great not too wide to be a confusing listen but very coherent. My drivers were acting up at first, like i was hearing things that i wasnt hearing before and i was actually wondering if it was even a part of a song ( i mean it in a bad way ) it was acting weird the first few minutes. But now its settled down and sounds oh so so fine. I have been disappointed lately with a lot of iems as they dont sound coherent and its like every driver had a mind of its own but the drivers in this sounds like they are working together pretty well. There is a nice quality bass and the treble extends well. But i have a feeling the treble is acting up because it hasnt even been an hour and it felt a bit fuzzy at times.

But overall this has the sound signature of a high end iem, the drivers seem like they were tuned right and they seem to work together to give you an wonderful experience. Well worth the price. Do i like it more than the lz a3 ? Yes. This feels more high fidelity and mature.

And also i masturbated to the cable. Its the best mmcx ive come across. Absolutely no competition, blue silver 8 core cable that you can bungie with. It reminded me of natalie dormers braid in hunger games.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #29,568 of 35,472
i recieved the dqsm d2 and the EE846 last night. The dqsm had black filter on, i couldnt handle it, too bright, gotta roll filters[attach]1655762[/attach]. So just tried on the EE846, i was like this is okay. Been trying it since morning. The EE846, soundstage and details are holy ******* god **** crazy good. Soundstage is great not too wide to be a confusing listen but very coherent. My drivers were acting up at first, like i was hearing things that i wasnt hearing before and i was actually wondering if it was even a part of a song ( i mean it in a bad way ) it was acting weird the first few minutes. But now its settled down and sounds oh so so fine. I have been disappointed lately with a lot of iems as they dont sound coherent and its like every driver had a mind of its own but the drivers in this sounds like they are working together pretty well. There is a nice quality bass and the treble extends well. But i have a feeling the treble is acting up because it hasnt even been an hour and it felt a bit fuzzy at times.

But overall this has the sound signature of a high end iem, the drivers seem like they were tuned right and they seem to work together to give you an wonderful experience. Well worth the price. Do i like it more than the lz a3 ? Yes. This feels more high fidelity and mature.

[i]And also i masturbated to the cable.[/i] Its the best mmcx ive come across. Absolutely no competition, blue silver 8 core cable that you can bungie with. It reminded me of natalie dormers braid in hunger games.[/quote]

I just spat coffee all over my laptop when I read that lol. I've been watching the D2. That might be the next step up for me.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #29,569 of 35,472
  I don`t know unfortunately. You probably have to buy them. Luckily there are many rip-off fake Piston 2`s out there, so You could get those cheap with same tips :wink:

Guys, I really like what I`m hearing out of 808 RAW-mod - very big soundstage and excellent separation, midrange is improved and bass tight & textured. 
Atm listening to Devin Townsend - casualties of cool album and it sounds so open, detailed and natural.
I do think 808 has made bad step with this housing design. That dynamic driver they are using needs smaller chamber and limited air movement to act accurately and sound like it should.

Thanks 'CoiL' for the tip! 
wink.gif
  I have Piston tips and I have no problem covering the pin whole. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #29,570 of 35,472
And also i masturbated to the cable. Its the best mmcx ive come across. Absolutely no competition, blue silver 8 core cable that you can bungie with. It reminded me of natalie dormers braid in hunger games.

LOL guess i know what needs to happen once i receive mine... 

Thats great news though! I sure hope your words speak truth once i get a chance to receive my own set for the cables.
Just waiting on my custom 6BA set to come through.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #29,571 of 35,472
I just spat coffee all over my laptop when I read that lol. I've been watching the D2. That might be the next step up for me.
the dqsm D2 is a bo brainer. I know I had the wrong filter on but tried it with other filters briefly. It blew my mind. It blew my ******* mind. Like if you want to take off your audio monocles and just listen to music in all its full glory, the D2 is the way to go for sure.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #29,573 of 35,472
the dqsm D2 is a bo brainer. I know I had the wrong filter on but tried it with other filters briefly. It blew my mind. It blew my ******* mind. Like if you want to take off your audio monocles and just listen to music in all its full glory, the D2 is the way to go for sure.

LOL! Couldn't agree more. The DQSM has an amazingly engaging sound combined with great audiophile treats as well. Apart from the Monk this gotta be the best value in portable audio right now.....

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #29,575 of 35,472
i recieved the dqsm d2 and the EE846 last night. The dqsm had black filter on, i couldnt handle it, too bright, gotta roll filters[attach]1655762[/attach]. So just tried on the EE846, i was like this is okay. Been trying it since morning. The EE846, soundstage and details are holy ******* god **** crazy good. Soundstage is great not too wide to be a confusing listen but very coherent. My drivers were acting up at first, like i was hearing things that i wasnt hearing before and i was actually wondering if it was even a part of a song ( i mean it in a bad way ) it was acting weird the first few minutes. But now its settled down and sounds oh so so fine. I have been disappointed lately with a lot of iems as they dont sound coherent and its like every driver had a mind of its own but the drivers in this sounds like they are working together pretty well. There is a nice quality bass and the treble extends well. But i have a feeling the treble is acting up because it hasnt even been an hour and it felt a bit fuzzy at times.

And also i masturbated to the cable. Its the best mmcx ive come across. Absolutely no competition, blue silver 8 core cable that you can bungie with. It reminded me of natalie dormers braid in hunger games.[/quote]

Glad you're enjoying the EE846 and that I'm not alone in thinking they're quite good.

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #29,576 of 35,472

Thanks 'CoiL' for the tip! 
wink.gif
  I have Piston tips and I have no problem covering the pin whole. Thanks!

Forgot to add 3rd point - try amping 808 because dynamic in it requires little above average power I believe. At least after upgrading DX50 opamps it made very noticeable difference.
Atm listening David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0 and everything sounds great! Orchestral instruments and bass are full and powerful sounding, vocals not cold anymore and have very natural sound.

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #29,577 of 35,472
I've been looking for some video reviews lately and i found this one: 

The way he talks about looks like the ROCK ZIRCON STEREO is the eighth wonder of the world. Is that true or is he overreacting? He said it could be compared to a $1000 shure iem, the ZIRCON are that great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back