Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #29,537 of 35,472
Scweet Pete(r), are those Auvio tips I'm seeing there:wink_face:

:beerchug:  

Unfortunately not, they're the stock tips (Sony hybrids look a likes).

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #29,538 of 35,472

Well they are in different price ranges Ramal? You could buy all three of the Chinese iem's for what either of the other two cost by themselves! Don't get me wrong as both the Zircon and ATE sound great to me for their price but they are not $100 iem's or sound it. Just my $.02

beerchug.gif

The problem is that i live in Brazil, so if id shop them from China that would take a very long time, there are some people that sell it in my country, but the price rises up, that means i can only bought one of them. Hope you understand.

edit: the options i have here from western companys for about the same price are IEM's like: SENNHEISER CX 300 II, JBL T280BKL  , KOSS RUK30. I'd like to know if those asians i told can be compared to these, and wich one of them is the best.

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #29,539 of 35,472
Well, I got the IPSDI HF209 in the mail today. They are touted as Super Bass. They don't lie. Crap they got bass. 14mm driver. Mids and Highs sound good too, sound way better OOTB than the Dolphins honestly. For $6 I didn't waste my money. 

Tiny 5 minute listening update, even though there is a **** ton of bass its still very quick. Hard to See from 5FDP bass speeds was perfect, throw on some Rusko "Everyday (Netsky Remix) and the bass just vibrates my whole head. Treble is on the bright side of course but didn't seem too fatiguing. 

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #29,540 of 35,472
  Well, I got the IPSDI HF209 in the mail today. They are touted as Super Bass. They don't lie. Crap they got bass. 14mm driver. Mids and Highs sound good too, sound way better OOTB than the Dolphins honestly. For $6 I didn't waste my money. 

Half the price of the Dullfins and they look better too! I have to say I love reading Chinese translation I mean after the "Musician in need" how can one resist
blink.gif

HTB1SjBnMXXXXXcWXXXXq6xXFXXXo.jpg

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #29,541 of 35,472

Half the price of the Dullfins and they look better too! I have to say I love reading Chinese translation I mean after the "Musician in need" how can one resist
blink.gif

Just updated my post. I heard the JR E107 briefly and they were good sounding but these are just plain fun!

The packaging was a cheap little cardboard box, with 2 spare tips and a shirt clip. Tossed it all. Didn't even bother changing out the tips yet. Wasn't expecting much. Gonna try Auvios when I get home. 

They Y split is where the mic is at, so b/c of this the left cable is actually shorter so the split is at your mouth area. Threw me off at first

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #29,542 of 35,472

blink.gif

Just updated my post. I heard the JR E107 briefly and they were good sounding but these are just plain fun!

The packaging was a cheap little cardboard box, with 2 spare tips and a shirt clip. Tossed it all. Didn't even bother changing out the tips yet. Wasn't expecting much. Gonna try Auvios when I get home. 

They Y split is where the mic is at, so b/c of this the left cable is actually shorter so the split is at your mouth area. Threw me off at first

I like these, I will buy them cheers lurk, why not ay!

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #29,543 of 35,472
I like these, I will buy them cheers lurk, why not ay!

Hope you enjoy them and I didn't steer you wrong. I snuck a bathroom break just to listen to them some more. This is all out of my LG V10. On the way home I'm gonna pair them with my X3-ii & E12 and see if they scale at all, then Auvios once I get home. The Letv Reverse are $10, so about the same price tier, and they have a very nice sound that is dark but these are just HEY PARTY IS STARTING CRANK IT UP! Letv are still gonna be for working out b/c they are over ear. Although I may test these out and if they stay put I'll gift the Letv to my friend who broke the SM E80's I gave him. 

Jun 15, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #29,544 of 35,472
Hope you enjoy them and I didn't steer you wrong. I snuck a bathroom break just to listen to them some more. This is all out of my LG V10. On the way home I'm gonna pair them with my X3-ii & E12 and see if they scale at all, then Auvios once I get home. The Letv Reverse are $10, so about the same price tier, and they have a very nice sound that is dark but these are just HEY PARTY IS STARTING CRANK IT UP! Letv are still gonna be for working out b/c they are over ear. Although I may test these out and if they stay put I'll gift the Letv to my friend who broke the SM E80's I gave him. 

Haha yeh i need one of those fun pairs with a mic, you've steered me correct regardless. I've broke both joyroom e107 (poor build quality) and lz-02a (my fault) so im using my purpos as my main set which i don't want to do because i love them too much for it to break. I'll check out the letv pair as well.

Jun 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #29,545 of 35,472
Haha yeh i need one of those fun pairs with a mic, you've steered me correct regardless. I've broke both joyroom e107 (poor build quality) and lz-02a (my fault) so im using my purpos as my main set which i don't want to do because i love them too much for it to break. I'll check out the letv pair as well.

Yeah Letv I got on Amazon for $9 shipped Prime (paid $4 for next day air). They seem to be a nice beater set too. Very light and comfortable over ear. Has a dark signature but its done well IMO. 

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #29,546 of 35,472

That cable looks the same style as Tenmak Piano. The longer side is meant to be worn behind the neck.

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #29,548 of 35,472

Tiny 5 minute listening update, even though there is a **** ton of bass its still very quick. Hard to See from 5FDP bass speeds was perfect, throw on some Rusko "Everyday (Netsky Remix) and the bass just vibrates my whole head. Treble is on the bright side of course but didn't seem too fatiguing. 

I also got my order of three different Ipsdi earphones. I got the Dolphins, the "Ox Horn" and the "Mongol". Soundwise, they are all surprisingly good. They are also, as I expected, very similar. Their description for all their IEMs are almost identical, and so I expected that they probably used the same drivers. Soundwise, I almost guarantee they must be the same drivers and the tiny differences in sound are due to the different housings. Of the three, the Dolphins are my least favorite, but in no wise bad. The Dolphins are just a slight bit darker than the other Ipsdi earphones. On certain songs, at certain moderate volumes, I think I hear the "hollowness" someone mentioned in the Dolphins, but not at the volume I normally listen. I did not hear that in either of the other Ipsdi earphones.

Build wise, they are not bad but nothing special. The first IEM I compared them to was the Rock Zircon. The Zircon has better included tips and better build, but sound wise, the Ipsdi earphones are a little more balanced than the Zircon, less bass heavy but still a bit bassy. But even the bass quality and speed was clearly a step up from the Zircon. Mids and treble on Ipsdi IEMs were fuller, more extended, and more precise across the board better than the Zircons and probably a good competitor for the VJJB K4 sound wise, but I haven't got to A/B them yet. Build wise, the K4 is better, no doubt. The Mongol's build quality is about the same as a Philips 3580, and is equally tiny in the ear, but still, for under $7 that I bought it for it is great.

But IMO, these Ipsdi are a steal, better than any KZ I might recommend, and I've got most KZs. You should probably just buy the one or several that look like they would fit you best. I think I'm confident that they should all sound similar enough that I will purchase some others. Just realize that the thin biflange tips most come with will not be that great for most ears.

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #29,549 of 35,472
Also note that Ipsdi has many IEMs listed at two different prices. The higher $9-16 prices are for the China Post Registered Mail, IIRC, and the sub $8 version are for a cheaper method, and the Mongol I got for under $7 had a smaller (SHE3580 type) small package, but even without any extra tips. If you buy more than one, like I did, maybe buy one at the higher price with faster shipping, then another one at the cheap price and I bet they will through it in the same package like they did mine.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #29,550 of 35,472
For the HF209, got home now and put some Medium Auvios on, tames the treble quite a bit while still keeping the massive bass. Stock tips/narrow bore the treble can be a bit bright so songs mastered hot can be a bit fatiguing. One example is Phil Collin's "Face Value" Remastered from HDTracks is a bit hot b/c that is the way he originally intended, with the stock tips it was a bit tough to listen to, listening through Auvio's right now its smooth. So, treble sensitive put on Wide bore or be warned. 

The AE page for them says 16ohm, I'm pretty sure the box said 32ohm. I threw it away though. Either way these are easy to drive. Definite V-Shape, hope the mids (vocals mainly) come out to play a bit more with burn in. 

SIDE NOTE: Listening to the Witcher 3 soundtrack I got with the game, holy balls. I think this may be the burn in album for when these aren't getting the J-Lab treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back