Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #29,236 of 35,472
  Seems like they're really pushing these (my review coming soon too). My gf will probably want these too but I don't think I want to give them up. 
tongue.gif

So you like them ehh?

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #29,238 of 35,472
Jun 9, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #29,239 of 35,472
I do indeed
I don't have these so take it with a grain of salt but from what I've heard you might want to go just a bit higher for the DQSM D2

How long have you burned them in for? Any changes? Right now they almost sound like Dual Drivers with a little coherency issue. Also seem to get some driver flex or something, one side will be quieter til I fix the seal on the good side lol

Oh yeah, using my K4 right now, never used them with my X3II and E12. Sound is much better than the iPod Touch and E07K. Actually, they sound like the Letv Reverse I got but a smaller sound stage

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #29,240 of 35,472
  Well, Brainwavz contacted me the other day and asked if I would be interested in reviewing the BLU-200 IEM and the Hooka headphone hangar. Listening via my iPod Touch 4th Gen, very consumer sound. Lots of bass, lots of treble, a bit bright. Stock tips aren't that, narrow bore though so it congests it. A bit better with the Auvio Mediums, gotta use stock tips for review though. Will probably give them to my GF since I don't use BT that much. That are built very nice though. Gonna burn in for about 25-50 hours and see how they do. Then gotta give my official review.

The Hooka is simple, very solid and I needed one my Cloud II headset for my XB1

Eh is that kingstson hyperx? is it good for jazz music?

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #29,241 of 35,472
Eh is that kingstson hyperx? is it good for jazz music?

Yep, Hyperx Cloud II. I use them for gaming. Listened a little bit to music when I first got them and they are a bit bright. I'll give them another try in a bit though. I think these are basically the Takstar Pro80

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #29,242 of 35,472
Yep, Hyperx Cloud II. I use them for gaming. Listened a little bit to music when I first got them and they are a bit bright. I'll give them another try in a bit though. I think these are basically the Takstar Pro80

Okay, please mention me if you did. thanks

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #29,243 of 35,472

Hmm.. on the picture of the Philips tips, don't they look like the stock tips shipped with 808 ??? 
confused_face(1).gif
 They seem to have same size but I don't know about the texture.. Intriguing

Well, glad that you have found the perfect tips to enjoy your iems 
beerchug.gif

Damn! I've just noticed it was you who made the VE Nun mod in Monk thread a few weeks ago. Good job! 
wink.gif

Let us know when you have found the perfect time to shoot a photo of your jewel iem. 

Continuing Coil's reply, i own this philips tips and chinese one, which is by the way are used by bunch of chinese iem brand (KZ, Joyroom, Auglamor, VJJB etc). They're are not bad IMHO, it pairs good with my Sony MH1, VJJB K2s and KZ ED3.

i forgot to bring my chinese "philips" like transparent tips instead black/orange but it is the same tips, just color differentiation.

left right : KZ/Chinese "philips" tips - Original Philips - Spinfit

Philips ones has wider nozzle and softer

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #29,244 of 35,472
I do indeed
I don't have these so take it with a grain of salt but from what I've heard you might want to go just a bit higher for the DQSM D2

I will definitely look into those.

Anyone have any other suggestions for IEMs in the $120 range? So far I am looking into the DQSM D2 and the ATH-E40. I can find almost no information on the DQSM D2, and a decent amount of info on the ATH-E40.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #29,248 of 35,472
  Okay, please mention me if you did. thanks

Listening to Kim Waters right now via my X3ii & E12, the sound is actually very good. They can be a bit bright though

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #29,249 of 35,472

This gave me an idea, I could use any of my old guitar wall hooks for my headphones.
Cheap, protective, and will probably stick with the aid of two-sided tape.

That's a really good idea!

The Hooka uses the 3M VHB pads

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #29,250 of 35,472

No, they are not same as 808 stock tips. Philips UE smallest tips are with longer body than 808 stock smallest and have darker grey silicone. But forget about those tips...
get Yourself those grey tips I linked last - belive me, they make wonders with 808. They affect sound more than my mod which had quite small impact on resulting sound compared to tips. Oh, and forgot to mention that You need to close vent holes near the nozzle and leave back vent holes open. It helps to tighten and clear up bass.
Seriously, with this configuration I`m like listening to "full size open cans", I`m enjoying everything I have listened so far from my collection.

Okay, okay my friend.
I'll give it a try haha but it will take some time to receive these tips..

Closest tips to those grey ones seem to be Piston 2.1 brown tips, they have almost same diameter bore but difference is in inner bore shape - greys have it widening while P2 tips  are straight walled tube. P2 tips do sound slightly bassier tho and soundstage "naturalness" isn`t so good.
Btw, how do you close the vent hole near the nozzle??

To test it out - just close them with tiny piece of tape. I will close them permanently with gel-super glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back