Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #29,221 of 35,472

Thanks for the write-up! .....I also acknowledged them to have quick bass/sub-bass control, great detail retrieval and instrument separation. Glad I was able to send you the pair!

.....I usually used wide-bore silicone tips to get an airy like midrange, while treble played less sibilant or harsh. Adding tissue or cutting a tiny piece of sponge and adding it to the nozzle is also a great idea. Thanks!

If Ivery made an IS-1 "whatever-the-name-would-be" with the same driver as the "Liberty" but a much tamed treble, it would be such an easy recommendation at just $10. It really does a great job as it is, but only with modifications. Imagine an even sounding, well-controlled and sub-bassy in-ear that can compete with the Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter edition and is slightly better than most of Knowledge Zenith's offerings - I think it would have been an incredibly well-selling product if they drastically tamed the stock tonality's treble.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #29,222 of 35,472
  I've had so many IEMs come in lately with so little time to focus on them. I got the QT5 and Meizu EP-51 out, but haven't even gotten a chance to listen to the Shozy Zero here yet!

Expect a Shozy Zero, TFZ Series 1, Monk +, and a few more reviews as soon as I can get to them.

I feel your pain and I don't even do formal reviews as my job and family take up 99.9% of my time, but I'll sure give my thoughts when I get a chance to jump in. Can't wait to see what you think of the TFZ S1's as I'm absolutely loving them for a $40 iem
biggrin.gif
Got loaner Zero's but keep going back to the TFZ what's even worse is I have loaner P-1 and they destroy just about everything but three of my iem's but I keep going back to the TFZ (probably because I know I can't jump on the P-1 right now as I'm on the edge of over extending myself
redface.gif
)

Have to take a one month sabbatical from here as just had mom's AC fixed in her car and put new shoes on my GTi, just like The Wide World of Sports "The agony of defeat is killing me"
eek.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #29,223 of 35,472

If Ivery made an IS-1 "whatever-the-name-would-be" with the same driver as the "Liberty" but a much tamed treble, it would be such an easy recommendation at just $10. It really does a great job as it is, but only with modifications. Imagine an even sounding, well-controlled and sub-bassy in-ear that can compete with the Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter edition and is slightly better than most of Knowledge Zenith's offerings - I think it would have been an incredibly well-selling products if they drastically tamed the stock tonality's treble.

+1 True! These were total opposites to the HiPUT....needed taming on the highs.

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #29,224 of 35,472
  Seems You got faulty/bad unit (or fake / different drivers) or bad cable soldering? 
rolleyes.gif
 My 808 has very good imaging and resolution, also depth & height are quite good. Weird, You seem to be first to rate them so bad.

My little impressions on HLSX 808 after 30h of burn-in.
I tried several tips.
With spinfits, V shaped signature and too much bass.
With KZ foam tips and spiral dots, it's better, little V shape, still a little bloated bass. But I don't like V shape sound.
With other tips like stock ones, double flange, KZ Whirlwind, I don't like the sound.

I like it the most with Ortofon silicon tips, more balanced sound, maybe a very very little V, I would say, not very noticeable to be honest.
Bass is precise, deep, just slam when needed. Voices and guitars are detailed. Highs are not well settled, still harsh for now.
Overall it has very good resolution and separation, more wide soundstage than deep, good clarity and airiness.
Good cable to wear over the ear, easy and quick to insert in my ears. Its feels very solid, housing, nozzle, plug. I like it!

Compared with E107 and doufle flange tips I have used for 100+ hours, the 808 seem to be better technically in everything.
I will let them burn in cos it seems they need more time to have everything settled well together.
I find them very good for the price. With tip rolling, I found the sound that suits my taste.

Thanks for info about tips. Where do I get those Ortofon silicone tips? Link maybe?
You are using these?> http://www.ortofon.com/silicone-eartips-set-p-577-n-3444
JVC Spiral Dot`s are my best tips for them atm. Agree about about overall resolution, separation and soundstage.
Edit: I think I found even better tips to get even more balanced sound (reduced bass, airier sound) - Philips UE red core/dark grey skirt wide bore tips. Recommend to try them out with 808 ! 

TFZ Series 7, I think those are interchangeable faceplate options with click of button. Just my guess.

Ugly look

+1 they look ugly.

I'm stuck at the bottom of that hole. I recall buying a matched set of NOS 300B's for $350 smack-o-las:confused: They sure sounded sweet though:flushed:

I've run across some Telefunkens that cost 20x what I paid for my amp

That much for tubes? 
eek.gif
 What did i get myself into lol 

LOL, I told ya - it`s addictive and make You poor! I have 5x Siemens E88CC goldpins (very rare old early version) and they cost 200+ $ for one.
I got really lucky and got those 5 for 30$ only tho 
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

BTW, I finished my 808 wooden modification 
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #29,226 of 35,472
just received my shozy zeros (i know, i'm an easily-led sheep) and ootb i'm (somewhat surprisingly) not blown away. they're harder to drive than their peers and don't sound great at lower volumes. at higher volumes, vocal clarity and treble extension are very good, and there's good, unexagerrated bass depth and articulation; mids seem a little sucked out and thin. these are a little more colored and less neutral than expected--there's a slightly dark (warm?) quality overall. very comfortable; nice wood casing but the overall build quality doesn't seem any better than, say, the vjjb k4. compared to my hlsx808/bk35? or as20, these have a smaller, less energetic presentation and less of that "wow" factor. very tentatively, they're not quite the great giant killer, tho perceptions may change with burn-in/use.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #29,228 of 35,472
  Thanks for info about tips. Where do I get those Ortofon silicone tips? Link maybe?
You are using these?> http://www.ortofon.com/silicone-eartips-set-p-577-n-3444
JVC Spiral Dot`s are my best tips for them atm. Agree about about overall resolution, separation and soundstage.
Edit: I think I found even better tips to get even more balanced sound (reduced bass, airier sound) - Philips UE red core/dark grey skirt wide bore tips. Recommend to try them out with 808 ! 

BTW, I finished my 808 wooden modification 
wink.gif

Yep these Ortofon tips are the right ones. I bought mine on Musicaacoustics, they had stock in EU.

What do your Philips tips look like?? 
ph34r.gif
 Curious
OMG. What did you do with your 808?? 
eek.gif
 Picture? 
popcorn.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #29,229 of 35,472
Originally Posted by Fabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do your Philips tips look like?? 
ph34r.gif
 Curious

My Philips UE tips look like this: 

But know that most of AE & eBay etc. offers are fake UE tips with much smaller bore size. Here You can get correct ones:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381519532186?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

But I thought I try another trick and put little rubber rings on normal tip place/line (to protect tips slipping off and getting stuck in ear) and over them I put those tips:
http://tinyurl.com/gwgroxg

808 sounds very good with those tips and things are nicely in balance, mids littlebit improved (brought into focus) and soundstage is very open but not thin and everything sounds very natural.
I think this is the best SQ I can get out of 808.

OMG. What did you do with your 808?? Picture? 

Sorry, no pics tonight. I`m tired and will take proper photo-shoot with better light conditions. Will post them here soon.

Edit: With those grey tips and modification, my FF-mod ATE and Yinjw WOM-mod are now dethroned!
Long live the new budget king - HLSX808 RAW-mod ("Red Ant" + Mahogany wood) 
tongue.gif
 I think I will skip BK35 & BK50.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #29,230 of 35,472
Well... Put in my TK Maples, been some days since listened to them. My go to's... I still like them but I think I'm starting to prefer the Letv Reverse. The bass isn't as thick due to wood vs plastic but the Letv don't drown out the mids so more details, a lot more balanced sound. Still prefer Maple vocals and energy though

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #29,231 of 35,472
  My Philips UE tips look like this: 

But know that most of AE & eBay etc. offers are fake UE tips with much smaller bore size. Here You can get correct ones:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381519532186?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

But I thought I try another trick and put little rubber rings on normal tip place/line (to protect tips slipping off and getting stuck in ear) and over them I put those tips:
http://tinyurl.com/gwgroxg

808 sounds very good with those tips and things are nicely in balance, mids littlebit improved (brought into focus) and soundstage is very open but not thin and everything sounds very natural.
I think this is the best SQ I can get out of 808.

Sorry, no pics tonight. I`m tired and will take proper photo-shoot with better light conditions. Will post them here soon.

Edit: With those grey tips and modification, my FF-mod ATE and Yinjw WOM-mod are now dethroned!
Long live the new budget king - HLSX808 RAW-mod ("Red Ant" + Mahogany wood) 
tongue.gif
 I think I will skip BK35 & BK50.

Hmm.. on the picture of the Philips tips, don't they look like the stock tips shipped with 808 ??? 
confused_face(1).gif
 They seem to have same size but I don't know about the texture.. Intriguing

Well, glad that you have found the perfect tips to enjoy your iems 
beerchug.gif

Damn! I've just noticed it was you who made the VE Nun mod in Monk thread a few weeks ago. Good job! 
wink.gif

Let us know when you have found the perfect time to shoot a photo of your jewel iem. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #29,232 of 35,472
Originally Posted by Fabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm.. on the picture of the Philips tips, don't they look like the stock tips shipped with 808 ??? They seem to have same size but I don't know about the texture.. Intriguing

No, they are not same as 808 stock tips. Philips UE smallest tips are with longer body than 808 stock smallest and have darker grey silicone. But forget about those tips...
get Yourself those grey tips I linked last - belive me, they make wonders with 808. They affect sound more than my mod which had quite small impact on resulting sound compared to tips. Oh, and forgot to mention that You need to close vent holes near the nozzle and leave back vent holes open. It helps to tighten and clear up bass.
Seriously, with this configuration I`m like listening to "full size open cans", I`m enjoying everything I have listened so far from my collection.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #29,233 of 35,472
  No, they are not same as 808 stock tips. Philips UE smallest tips are with longer body than 808 stock smallest and have darker grey silicone. But forget about those tips...
get Yourself those grey tips I linked last - belive me, they make wonders with 808. They affect sound more than my mod which had quite small impact on resulting sound compared to tips. Oh, and forgot to mention that You need to close vent holes near the nozzle and leave back vent holes open. It helps to tighten and clear up bass.
Seriously, with this configuration I`m like listening to "full size open cans", I`m enjoying everything I have listened so far from my collection.

Okay, okay my friend.
I'll give it a try haha but it will take some time to receive these tips..
Btw, how do you close the vent hole near the nozzle??

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #29,234 of 35,472
Well, Brainwavz contacted me the other day and asked if I would be interested in reviewing the BLU-200 IEM and the Hooka headphone hangar. Listening via my iPod Touch 4th Gen, very consumer sound. Lots of bass, lots of treble, a bit bright. Stock tips aren't that, narrow bore though so it congests it. A bit better with the Auvio Mediums, gotta use stock tips for review though. Will probably give them to my GF since I don't use BT that much. That are built very nice though. Gonna burn in for about 25-50 hours and see how they do. Then gotta give my official review.

The Hooka is simple, very solid and I needed one my Cloud II headset for my XB1

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #29,235 of 35,472
  Well, Brainwavz contacted me the other day and asked if I would be interested in reviewing the BLU-200 IEM and the Hooka headphone hangar. Listening via my iPod Touch 4th Gen, very consumer sound. Lots of bass, lots of treble, a bit bright. Stock tips aren't that, narrow bore though so it congests it. A bit better with the Auvio Mediums, gotta use stock tips for review though. Will probably give them to my GF since I don't use BT that much. That are built very nice though. Gonna burn in for about 25-50 hours and see how they do. Then gotta give my official review.

The Hooka is simple, very solid and I needed one my Cloud II headset for my XB1

Seems like they're really pushing these (my review coming soon too). My gf will probably want these too but I don't think I want to give them up. 
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back