Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #19,006 of 35,472

Thanks to 1clearhead, went through the sets of sound filters that came with the pairs of **** K3s, and indeed they are different!
The first picture are of the filters received with the defective set from seller Anna Outdoor Club.  Both filters measure .1020" inside diameter.
The second picture are the filters received with the 3rd set; the ones with the logos on the IEMs.
These measure .0980" ID on the reds and .1025" on the blacks.
By the way, these were purchased from AliExpress seller Kinden Earphones.

I'll need to revisit listening with these filters after the new set burns in a bit longer.

The other pictures are what the silver color cables look like, as well as close up of the IEM without the filters.

Hope audioxxx gets a "good" pair from that seller.
The hit and miss; poor QC / manufacturing issues was the reason for me buying multiple sets of the same IEMs.

Regardless of cost, these do not sound as good as my real pair of AKG K3003s, but they are good enough to use as my travel IEM.

Now I'm trying to find something cheap that sounds close to my Fit Ear TG334s!

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #19,007 of 35,472
For those who are interested in the LZ A2, the Faith Audio put up their own store and you can pay via paypal too. http://faith-audio.mybigcommerce.com/ 

Been using the A2 quite a bit. And thats partly because its one of the only other iem besides the Sony Z5 that I can keep listening without fatigue. So much of my gear is treble heavy that I forgot what normal treble sounds like sometimes :p

This thing is just sublime. Ymmv but I find the treble to be a nice compromise between detail for the sake of detail and long term comfort for listening. I could even turn up the volume without issues, unlike some of my brighter gear, so there is that.

Funny thing is, despite the non conventional treble, the soundstage is quite big. With a correctly sealing wide bore tip, the sound stage feels like its coming from outside your ears. Almost like over ear cans. 
smily_headphones1.gif

This weekend I might get around to making a thread for it. I wanted to make sure they were still good after extended listening and new toy feeling wears off and they are still impressing me.
deadhorse.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #19,008 of 35,472

Thanks to 1clearhead, went through the sets of sound filters that came with the pairs of **** K3s, and indeed they are different!
The first picture are of the filters received with the defective set from seller Anna Outdoor Club.  Both filters measure .1020" inside diameter.
The second picture are the filters received with the 3rd set; the ones with the logos on the IEMs.

I'll need to revisit listening with these filters after the new set burns in a bit longer.

The other pictures are what the silver color cables look like, as well as close up of the IEM without the filters.

The hit and miss; poor QC / manufacturing issues was the reason for me buying multiple sets of the same IEMs.

Regardless of cost, these do not sound as good as my real pair of AKG K3003s, but they are good enough to use as my travel IEM.

That's the thing about DIY products, sometimes they're a hit......or sometimes they're a miss. I know it was well worth it when mine worked out for the best.

I heard the real one through a headphone amplifier and they sounded really good! But, can you tell me if the original ones can be driven through a regular dap? Are they efficient enough (loud enough)? And how do they sound? Or are they only good for studio purposes? .....Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ps. Thanks for the Pix!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #19,009 of 35,472
  For those who are interested in the LZ A2, the Faith Audio put up their own store and you can pay via paypal too. http://faith-audio.mybigcommerce.com/ 

Been using the A2 quite a bit. And thats partly because its one of the only other iem besides the Sony Z5 that I can keep listening without fatigue. So much of my gear is treble heavy that I forgot what normal treble sounds like sometimes :p

This thing is just sublime. Ymmv but I find the treble to be a nice compromise between detail for the sake of detail and long term comfort for listening. I could even turn up the volume without issues, unlike some of my brighter gear, so there is that.

Funny thing is, despite the non conventional treble, the soundstage is quite big. With a correctly sealing wide bore tip, the sound stage feels like its coming from outside your ears. Almost like over ear cans. 
smily_headphones1.gif

This weekend I might get around to making a thread for it. I wanted to make sure they were still good after extended listening and new toy feeling wears off and they are still impressing me.
deadhorse.gif

Thanks for the heads up! Haha no wonder they call him Lao Zhong. Faith indeed.

Edit: Only just made the connection.. LZ = Lao Zhong 
redface.gif
redface.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #19,010 of 35,472

smily_headphones1.gif

deadhorse.gif

Thanks for the heads up! Haha no wonder they call him Lao Zhong. Faith indeed.

Edit: Only just made the connection.. LZ = Lao Zhong 
redface.gif
redface.gif

Just sent mail with question if it is possible to order a2 with different cable choice.

RedJohn, can You tell how it compared to Fidue A73 since they come quite close in price, which makes me think of rather getting A73 than a2.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #19,012 of 35,472
All listening and reports on these K3s SQ was done through a DAC and tube amp; wav files.
Do recall listening to the real K3s direct to my macbook, and they sounded okay; more than loud enough.  But it was just to take a quick listen to some rough mix files.
The DIY K3s are a little more efficient than the real ones, but not by much; my guess would be 1-2db.
For studio work I prefer to use cans.

My headphone amp uses 12AU7 tubes; and I can roll tubes to get the SQ I like with a particular IEM.

I'm way behind the times with IEM development.  I started on this thread about 5 months ago when my travel IEMs got trashed, and turned to this thread for advice.
I've since picked up 8 sets of cheap IEMs, and am completely blown away at how good they sound.
Also now understand the "risks" assumed when dealing with these overseas transactions.
The main purpose of my initial post was to share my experiences with others so they don't get screwed like I did; but it seems you all already know how it is.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #19,013 of 35,472

Try the Fidue A83. I've read and heard many good reviews on these......At least is cheaper.
ksc75smile.gif

http://www.amazon.com/FIDUE-A83-High-End-Triple-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00NEDC2TM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fidue-A83-Triple-Driver-Hybrid-2-Balanced-Armature-Dynamic-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphone-/171359863329?hash=item27e5d80221:g:Bj4AAOSwewJTnond

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #19,014 of 35,472
Hi guys with the latest lollipop 5.1 update they removed the EU volume limit on Meizu M1 Note and it is much more powerful now. You guys should listen a M1 Note and see how a smart phone should sound. I prefer them over my Ap100 which I think says a lot.

Btw gsmarena should review the sound after Lollipop update. They don't have average sound level and still very clean.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #19,017 of 35,472
I'm trying to buy one but their express shipping costs are
More than the A2's value! its messed up!

The issue is I think they intended to make it HKD but accidentally put USD. I messaged the seller and he says it will be fixed in a few hours. Check in like 3 hours and see if its fixed. Good catch!

edit: seller said should be fixed now

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #19,018 of 35,472
I just found out that CKR9-LTD with UE600 tips pushed a bit more down the nozzle gives the best sound. Also they are the most comfortable tips I have tried along with JVC Spiral Dots tips being the second.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #19,020 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back