Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #16,981 of 35,472
Lol, every time I see your avatar I get warm inside. Thanks Charlie
smily_headphones1.gif

I feel the same when I see your LTD!    ♫

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #16,982 of 35,472
Forget that last post, play anything complicated on the Earmax ER610 and they fall apart, also they hate female vocals oh well maybe I will keep them just for blues and jazz there is never more than 3 or 4 instruments being played at once - or I can just put them in the bin

Well at least your impressions are marginally more positive than mine. Maybe I'll keep mine on an aggressive burner for like a month. Also, I let a girl at work borrow my Titans one day, and she routed the cable under her shirt, then when giving them back apologized for getting boob sweat on them. But they sounded much better with the boob sweat, so maybe I'll see if she'll get some boob sweat on these too.

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #16,984 of 35,472
  Recommand this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-High-Performance-DIY-IE800-IE80-IE8-HiFi-In-ear-Ceramic-Earphone-Earbud-Headphone-With-Mic/32373390065.html
Great value product.

I agree, I really like these IEMs.  In my opinion, their sound quality is hard to beat for the price.  I already have 2 pair, and I am ordering a third pair tonite. 

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #16,986 of 35,472
  I bought it from Taobao at less than $12. 
biggrin.gif

this is the lowest:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-IE800-IE80-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphone-headset-with-microphone-remote-new-free/32420021187.html

and this is the most ordered:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-IE800-HiFi-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-microphone-remote-new-free-shipping/32223603803.html

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #16,988 of 35,472
I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs for my girlfriend and I need the help from the experts (aka you lot)...

She is not much of an audiophile but she is using my old Sansa clip+ and listens to some house music, some easy listeing top 40 stuff and some singer/songwriter tunes.

The problem I'm facing is she has REALLY small earchannels. Size small tips like you get with pretty much all IEms are way to big and pop out within a few seconds. I managed to find a pair of Creative IEMs a couple of years ago (more like 10 years ago) that she is still using but they are starting to crackle and misbehave (duh...). They are so small I can easily fit both her IEM plugs into one of my ears (I use large tips).

So any tips or pointers? I´d like to stay sub $40 and not lacking to much in the bass department...

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #16,989 of 35,472
Well at least your impressions are marginally more positive than mine. Maybe I'll keep mine on an aggressive burner for like a month. Also, I let a girl at work borrow my Titans one day, and she routed the cable under her shirt, then when giving them back apologized for getting boob sweat on them. But they sounded much better with the boob sweat, so maybe I'll see if she'll get some boob sweat on these too.

+1 for boob sweat I think it's a fantastic idea, maybe we could start a business and even open a chain of shops

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #16,990 of 35,472
Any impressions with these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Brand-New-Original-3-5mm-In-Ear-Headset-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Earphones-Headphone-For/32377086930.html

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #16,991 of 35,472
  I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs for my girlfriend and I need the help from the experts (aka you lot)...

She is not much of an audiophile but she is using my old Sansa clip+ and listens to some house music, some easy listeing top 40 stuff and some singer/songwriter tunes.

The problem I'm facing is she has REALLY small earchannels. Size small tips like you get with pretty much all IEms are way to big and pop out within a few seconds. I managed to find a pair of Creative IEMs a couple of years ago (more like 10 years ago) that she is still using but they are starting to crackle and misbehave (duh...). They are so small I can easily fit both her IEM plugs into one of my ears (I use large tips).

So any tips or pointers? I´d like to stay sub $40 and not lacking to much in the bass department...

ljokerl recently reviewed the warm and smooth Fidue A31(30$): http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/fidue-a31s-in-ear-earphone-review/

Here's what he had to say about comfort:

Quote:
Comfort (5/5) – It is very difficult to convey just how tiny the A31s is – its disc-shaped housings are barely large enough for a small dynamic driver, making it one of the smallest earphones in my collection. I found that the included eartips run a size small as well – normally I use mediums, but in this case only the largest tips sealed. The design of the stock single-flange tips is somewhat similar to the Westone STAR tips, which is good, but the deep-sealing bi-flange tips may take some getting used to for those not accustomed to IEMs. Aftermarket Shure “Olive” memory foam tips also fit on the A31s’ nozzles and make for one of the most comfortable listening experiences among all IEMs.

Also, it is not lacking in the bass department
The bass is impactful and extended, but suffers from mild bloat, with room for improvement in both texture and control. The bass of the A31s – especially the subbass – is more powerful than that of the Soundmagic E10, but quality is about on-par due to the more pronounced mid-bass hump of the E10.

Overall:
Value (8/10) – Jumping into the competitive mid- and high-end in-ear earphone markets with their first few releases, the folks at Fidue have now taken a step back with the more consumer- (and wallet-) friendly A31s. The A31s offers a well-executed consumer sound signature – bassy, warm, smooth, and very non-fatiguing, albeit lacking somewhat in clarity and treble energy. Its largest asset is its small size, which, with the right eartips, makes it one of the most comfortable IEMs available at any price. Add to that the headset functionality, decent noise isolation, and the excellent easily-pocketable carrying case (one of my favorite cases, period), and the sum value is very good. 

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #16,992 of 35,472

The only thing I can think of that would be tiny enough is the Fidue a31s. The nozzle size is only ~2-3 mm in diameter. A girl at work has the same issue as your gf. I let her try my pair of Fidues and they worked well enough. They're cheap so at least worth a look. Joker also just posted a review, so you can get some good sound impressions there.

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #16,993 of 35,472

AKG K323XS, they're extremely small and sound good:

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K323XS-RED-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00GZZVFFI

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #16,994 of 35,472
Aug 6, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #16,995 of 35,472
  Recommand this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-High-Performance-DIY-IE800-IE80-IE8-HiFi-In-ear-Ceramic-Earphone-Earbud-Headphone-With-Mic/32373390065.html
Great value product.

As i bought my ED10(Really happy with it and very fast shiping to France) from this seller, the lowest price for some KZ models i think, I  took the wooden version branded YINJW( http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Latest-HIFI-Monitor-The-Movement-Of-Wood-In-ear-Headphones-Earphone-Bass-DIY-Magic-Sound-Headset/1825606_32378933536.html), will post my feeling when received....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back