Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #16,861 of 35,472
Are there as much fakes of the P3 as it was with the P2?

You know ? In China 1-2$ profit is profit, and very much valuable to their living standard. So never assumes anything of cheap, and not brand name to be not counterfeited. They counterfeit anything that sells well, as long as they get to earn those 1-2$. So yes, in a sense, there will be just as much fake P3 as P2 :D

My apologies, does not intend to be offensive

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #16,863 of 35,472
The Pistons 3 sound good?? Ice been wavering about picking them up for awhile now, but you think they are worth the money and time?
I think you would like them dude.

They are opposite tuning of the piston 2.0.

They are a very balanced sound. They are a vented design so isolation is meh. They have a almost "Titan-ish" fit with their housing design.

They are well worth their current asking price

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #16,864 of 35,472
Here's a great deal on some tips

3.5mm Fashion Headphones Bass Wired In-Ear Earphone For MP3 Player Earbuds No Microphone
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5mm-Fashion-Headphones-Bass-Wired-In-Ear-Earphone-For-MP3-Player-Earbuds/32342925341.html
(from AliExpress Android)

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #16,865 of 35,472
You know ? In China 1-2$ profit is profit, and very much valuable to their living standard. So never assumes anything of cheap, and not brand name to be not counterfeited. They counterfeit anything that sells well, as long as they get to earn those 1-2$. So yes, in a sense, there will be just as much fake P3 as P2 :D

My apologies, does not intend to be offensive

Your right its strange the first time I talked to a customer service rep asking me what a good selling price for an item would be. They wanted to charge for $1 profit stating their boss wants to see larger number of orders. In the end they sold for $4 profit of my proposed profit of $10. This was on a $40 item, that couldn't be found in the states for under $200.

I think it makes sense for the reasons you stated in addition to competition and increasing return customers. There's always the numbers game auto dealers and best buy stores get into.

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #16,866 of 35,472
There is no ill intent in my comments. I don't know why you always take it to a personal level.

I'm trying to help steer the thread in a direction that will help people find products and things they like without being misleading. Why is it that every time I share opinions on the same thread as you it turns into an argument?

I'm here to discuss about products, not people. I try to agree to disagree and you take the conversation where it doesn't need to go. Please think about this.

Maybe because of Your style of speech and Your need to oppose to everything what I say? Think about it and look at Your posts with some criticism.
Everyone has his/her subjective opinion about something and our taste, hearing, source gear, comfort needs, physiology etc. ...no need to oppose to every impression and info sharing.
In the end we are all here to help and educate each-other in all that subjectiveness.
Honestly, some of Your "answers" have actually point in it and I agree with some of it but the way You say those things are somewhat irritating. And it all elevated after I said out loud that in many parts I don`t agree with Your reviews about same gear we have(had). 
Sorry, but this is how I feel. Maybe I should just put You on ignore list so it wouldn`t happen anymore? Will think about it... maybe it`s better for common good this way.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #16,867 of 35,472
The admins stated the last time this happened that we are here to discuss products, not people. Here we are with you telling me that my posts "irritate" you. Never once have I come at any member on a personal level regardless of what I've thought about anyone's posts on here, including yours. I've always tried to agree to disagree, or come to a conclusion on the discussion at hand. Even this time I've asked others to share their opinions so it doesn't seem like I'm singling you out or make you feel like it's me against you. Still it ends up with posts that will most likely get flagged. This thread is almost sacred to the Head-Fi community. It would be a shame if it were closed because you choose to not follow the Head-Fi posting guidelines.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #16,868 of 35,472
Btw @Hisoundfi you should check out the URBANFUN hybrids- I know you enjoyed the DGS100- these have more sub bass, less midbass and better detail in the mids/treble. Not only cost half of the DGS100 was. I think you'd dig them 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #16,869 of 35,472
I think we should start talking about what IEM should I buy for my girlfriend! She has made me buy her a pair of earbuds over the years, but I think it is time for her to feel the power of a good IEM.

Price Range: Strict under $80

She listens to:

EDM (Atmospheric music *if that is a thing* so something with large soundstage, and of course deep and tight bass)
Indie/Acoustic/Alternative - Death Cab, City and Colour, Hozier, etc (so clarity, solid mid range and highs that aren't harsh)

No rap, no country - that's pretty much it!

She has smaller ears, so there is that to consider. She didn't have any issues fitting my Trinity Delta so shouldn't be too big of an issue.

If I know her well I know she would want a straight cable fit, and something relatively nondescript 

Cheers! Person who finds me the perfect pair gets a fake emoji beer. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #16,870 of 35,472
Btw @Hisoundfi you should check out the URBANFUN hybrids- I know you enjoyed the DGS100- these have more sub bass, less midbass and better detail in the mids/treble. Not only cost half of the DGS100 was. I think you'd dig them :ksc75smile:  
Ooh, sounds very tempting. Right now I'm swamped with new gear, reviews to write, and a show to go to on the 8th. I'm bringing a bunch of soundmagic stuff to the show. I have the hp150, hp200, e80, e50 and e30 all going to the meet. I'm quickly becoming a soundmagic fanboy.

I'll probably scoop them urbanears up when the time is right.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #16,871 of 35,472
I think we should start talking about what IEM should I buy for my girlfriend! She has made me buy her a pair of earbuds over the years, but I think it is time for her to feel the power of a good IEM.

Price Range: Strict under $80

She listens to:

EDM (Atmospheric music *if that is a thing* so something with large soundstage, and of course deep and tight bass)
Indie/Acoustic/Alternative - Death Cab, City and Colour, Hozier, etc (so clarity, solid mid range and highs that aren't harsh)

No rap, no country - that's pretty much it!

She has smaller ears, so there is that to consider. She didn't have any issues fitting my Trinity Delta so shouldn't be too big of an issue.

If I know her well I know she would want a straight cable fit, and something relatively nondescript 

Cheers! Person who finds me the perfect pair gets a fake emoji beer. 
Great question

What are some requirements in terms of fit and ergonomics?

What and where will she be using them most often?

How important is isolation?

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #16,873 of 35,472
Great question

What are some requirements in terms of fit and ergonomics?

What and where will she be using them most often?

How important is isolation?

She doesn't normally have issues fitting my IEMs, but I think the only requirements are a straight cable and nothing overly bulky. She likes multiflange (double) tips as they tend to fit in her smaller ear canal better. 

She will mostly be using them in a library setting: listening to music. Or watching a movie in buildings at our university. And then travelling on a plane or in trains, buses, etc. 

Isolation is not necessarily important, but major sound leakage would be an issue, she will, most of the time, be in quiet environment. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back