Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #16,880 of 35,472
Zero Audio Tenore or Basso at the top of my list right now.

Piston 2 is an interesting suggestion. It definitely has the bass she would love - I'm just weary of finding one that is fake.

Also, the Piston 3 is out - any ideas if this is more or less in line with her tastes in music?

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #16,881 of 35,472
Sorry under ear fit. No preference with cable jack. 

You cannot go wrong with these. Spectacular bass, crisp and clear highs and edgy mids, plus ergonomically designed for that sporty lady. That and the great Sennheiser sexiness. If these aren't near the top of your list for your woman, you are letting her down.

Sennheiser CX 281 Ergonomic Comfort-Fit Earbuds with Volume Control (Discontinued by Manufacturer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035JKJIQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l37UvbXPRW0Z9

Plus DIGITALGUY has a good warranty.

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #16,882 of 35,472
You cannot go wrong with these. Spectacular bass, crisp and clear highs and edgy mids, plus ergonomically designed for that sporty lady. That and the great Sennheiser sexiness. If these aren't near the top of your list for your woman, you are letting her down.

Sennheiser CX 281 Ergonomic Comfort-Fit Earbuds with Volume Control (Discontinued by Manufacturer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035JKJIQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l37UvbXPRW0Z9

Plus DIGITALGUY has a good warranty.

Those are pretty...

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #16,883 of 35,472
Just the right amount of sexy for a girl, with great sound to go along with it, and if my opinion isn't enough, head'fi's legendary |joker| ranked then highly as well, and his ears are regarded as saintly. :wink:

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #16,884 of 35,472
I think we should start talking about what IEM should I buy for my girlfriend! She has made me buy her a pair of earbuds over the years, but I think it is time for her to feel the power of a good IEM.

Price Range: Strict under $80

She listens to:

EDM (Atmospheric music *if that is a thing* so something with large soundstage, and of course deep and tight bass)
Indie/Acoustic/Alternative - Death Cab, City and Colour, Hozier, etc (so clarity, solid mid range and highs that aren't harsh)

No rap, no country - that's pretty much it!

She has smaller ears, so there is that to consider. She didn't have any issues fitting my Trinity Delta so shouldn't be too big of an issue.

If I know her well I know she would want a straight cable fit, and something relatively nondescript 

Cheers! Person who finds me the perfect pair gets a fake emoji beer. 

These aren't an iem anyone speaks of, but the NarMoo W1M might be worth a look. They're an awesome all-rounder; great bass and fantastic mids (forward, smooth, detailed). Treble is a little subdued but its still clear and crisp....never simblant or harsh. Soundstage is good. Not something to write home about, but not confined or small in any way.

Plus, she could file her nails on them. I'm being half-serious here...the knurling really can be used as a nail file.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #16,885 of 35,472
ATH-CKR9s from $100 and up.  They don't make fakes of these, do they?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=ath-ckr9&_sop=15

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #16,889 of 35,472
cant find ATH-CKR9 for 140 anywhere, could u provide a link? Oh is a amp necessary for any of the mentioned heaphones? im mostly gonna use my phone.

Amazon.com

I'll have to add the CKR9s to my list of potential next victims. Been thinking of the A73, 2000j, maybe a FAD...

The form factor looks pretty darn stupid though. Can they be worn over the ear?

No, they're not suited to be worn overe the ear.

I find them to be very comfortable but YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back