Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #15,770 of 35,472

Any other recommendations?
biggrin.gif

The Don Scorpio dolphin is also pretty popular on this thread.

I'm listening to music with them right now 
wink_face.gif
. They are amazing - especially for the price.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #15,771 of 35,472
It's a mixed crowd with the dgs100. If you can handle the mid bass you're going to love it. Some just can't seem to get past the mid bass.

Hope you like it. It's still one of my favorites. Lots of detail if you really listen closely.

$30 is a great deal.

@Hisoundfi i recieved my DGS100 few days ago. They sounded absolutely disappointing out of the box. Remembered your words: "Burn-in....Burn-in...Burn-in" :p Threw them in my burn-in shelf. 70hrs later its a whole new story. I pop them in and i'm like... OMG.. they sound absolutely fantsatic!!! details,details, details everywhere. I could listen to so many tiny notes which i missed in my other iem's. Yes there is a slight mid-bass hump, but only in few tracks and i can live with it. :) Treble is smooooooth too.. No fatigue even after using for 1.5hrs straight. :D Absolutely love them. Thanks Hisoundfi!! The best $30 i ever spent.. :D

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #15,772 of 35,472

It's a mixed crowd with the dgs100. If you can handle the mid bass you're going to love it. Some just can't seem to get past the mid bass.

Hope you like it. It's still one of my favorites. Lots of detail if you really listen closely.

$30 is a great deal.

@Hisoundfi i recieved my DGS100 few days ago. They sounded absolutely disappointing out of the box. Remembered your words: "Burn-in....Burn-in...Burn-in" :p Threw them in my burn-in shelf. 70hrs later its a whole new story. I pop them in and i'm like... OMG.. they sound absolutely fantsatic!!! details,details, details everywhere. I could listen to so many tiny notes which i missed in my other iem's. Yes there is a slight mid-bass hump, but only in few tracks and i can live with it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Treble is smooooooth too.. No fatigue even after using for 1.5hrs straight.
biggrin.gif
Absolutely love them. Thanks Hisoundfi!! The best $30 i ever spent..
biggrin.gif

I've been a bit negative about the DGS100 in the past (because i "couldn't get past the mid-bass"
tongue.gif
), but I've since discovered that they really don't pair well with the Fiio X3 (to my ears - YMMV) - my usual source. I also listen to a pocket DAB radio sometimes, and they are great with that, and with my Clip - in fact with almost everything I've got.....except the X3. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #15,773 of 35,472
I've been a bit negative about the DGS100 in the past (because i "couldn't get past the mid-bass"
tongue.gif
), but I've since discovered that they really don't pair well with the Fiio X3 (to my ears - YMMV) - my usual source. I also listen to a pocket DAB radio sometimes, and they are great with that, and with my Clip - in fact with almost everything I've got.....except the X3. 

Ohh! is that so?. I use it with Clip plus + Cmoy/Fio E6(i knw E6 is not worthy of calling an amp but still, it gets the job done for me :) ) :D they sound fabulous with both :). Lovin em.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #15,774 of 35,472
I'm glad to hear you guys like them!

I agree, they pair well with certain sources and certain songs, and to this day I still find it to be a crap shoot in terms of what pairings of source and music will work.

I really enjoy my dgs100 while commuting. That extra richness from the mid bass drowns out the noise of my surroundings.

Cheers guys

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #15,775 of 35,472
Im sorry for posting this more than once...

But I think I bite on KZ ANV and MRICE/Baldoor E100 and before I buy them, I want to know how they compare to what I have to be sure I actually can use them.

ANV should be for in the train, so they must (!) isolate much. Do they do that?

Mrice should become, if anywhere possible, my new Havis. For at home. If Mrices are equal enough to Havis I might sell them.
I dont care that much about Havi's soundstage.

ANV should be flat, like Havis, are they any bit the same? And the Mrice?

Better to have a cheap Mrice than a $30-50 headphone as Superlux?

My earphones:

- Monoprice 8320
- Soundsoul S018 (dont have this one but Im curious)
- Havi B3P1
- Awei EQ9

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #15,776 of 35,472
Guys, need your suggestion. Im sorry, this is a bit out of topic. 4 days ago, i found a great deal in ebay for VSD5 and bought them for $40. Its still on its way home. >>Fast forward to yesterday night, i saw a new sealed GR07BE auction running with a bid of 70$+ $7 shipping ($150 buy it now price) and it was the last 5 min of the auction. Damn me, i couldnt stop my self and gave into impulsive bidding at the last minute.. won it for $71+$7 shipping. Now i've got 24hrs to pay for these and i'm confused about what to do considering that VSD5 is still on its way. What would you suggest guys? Should i buy it? will it be better than Vsd5's?

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #15,777 of 35,472
Guys, need your suggestion. Im sorry, this is a bit out of topic. 4 days ago, i found a great deal in ebay for VSD5 and bought them for $40. Its still on its way home. >>Fast forward to yesterday night, i saw a new sealed GR07BE auction running with a bid of 70$+ $7 shipping ($150 buy it now price) and it was the last 5 min of the auction. Damn me, i couldnt stop my self and gave into impulsive bidding at the last minute.. won it for $71+$7 shipping. Now i've got 24hrs to pay for these and i'm confused about what to do considering that VSD5 is still on its way. What would you suggest guys? Should i buy it? will it be better than Vsd5's?

Get both and sell the obe you like the least (or keep both if you like them both enough :wink:) at those prices you shouldn't have a problem selling either without loosing any money.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #15,778 of 35,472

Get both if you can afford both, compare them side by side for which you prefer and sell the one you like the least. Both will be pretty good for the price you got them or can get the gr07 for. My VSD5 hasn't been getting all that much listening lately while I still use my Vivo xe800 (gr07 driver) pretty often.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #15,780 of 35,472
Thanks for you response guys :) I cant afford both. Still cudn't let it pass so easily.. :p Bougt GR07BE too.. :D im sooo bankrupt right now.. :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back