Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #15,736 of 35,472
  Sorry, my mistake. At the first look on pictures it seemed to me that black and red wires are crossed, but it's not.
Read revew of old Havi version recently. There mentioned that two drivers connected like that.
here is the review
alexmod . do . am/forum/10-208-1 (remove spaces from link, i can't post links yet)
and use google translate))

Hmm... this info is interesting. I might try to reconnect V1's drivers in reverse phase in future as a 'mod' to see what happens.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #15,738 of 35,472
Apr 13, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #15,739 of 35,472
Got my Piston 3. It has different sound signature than Mannhas C190 but it's quite good. I prefer C190 warmish signature more though, female vocal also sounds more natural there than on the piston which can get a teeny bit hot sometimes IMO. Will be burning both first before going in depth.

As for my ED9, I thought that it has been shipped but it didn't get tracked for days (was mistaken back then) and when I asked the seller, Tuna, here's his reply:
"This headset has been in production, please be patient and wait, and now can not show logistics information."

sigh... :frowning2:

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #15,740 of 35,472
hmm my Tennmak order from march 27 finally has tracking activity.. says it was shipped march 7th.. I have 10 more days til I lose aliexpress non receipt protection.. tennmak is a well known store so I probably won't use it but I wonder why so big a delay in shipping... some holiday in china?

hope my vvbj v1 get here soon.. I want my BJ

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #15,741 of 35,472
Got my Piston 3. It has different sound signature than Mannhas C190 but it's quite good. I prefer C190 warmish signature more though, female vocal also sounds more natural there than on the piston which can get a teeny bit hot sometimes IMO. Will be burning both first before going in depth.

As for my ED9, I thought that it has been shipped but it didn't get tracked for days (was mistaken back then) and when I asked the seller, Tuna, here's his reply:
"This headset has been in production, please be patient and wait, and now can not show logistics information."

sigh...
frown.gif

P3 may sound bright out of the box. After 100 hours burn in period together with good seal, it's d@mn good. 
eek.gif
   Please spend more times with P3 and test it again. 

As for your ED9, you may end up waiting for more than a month. Sorry to hear that. 
frown.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #15,742 of 35,472

sigh...
frown.gif

Same here. I asked the seller and he said "Hello, this headset is new, it will delay shipment today. Your waybill number is correct. Please be assured that we will despatch". 

So I'm assuming that he will likely ship this today. I am ready to wait, same had happened to me when ED8 was launched. Issue is just that the AliExpress protection period runs out sooner and seller will likely plead giving excuse of late production. 

hmm my Tennmak order from march 27 finally has tracking activity.. says it was shipped march 7th.. I have 10 more days til I lose aliexpress non receipt protection.. tennmak is a well known store so I probably won't use it but I wonder why so big a delay in shipping... some holiday in china?

hope my vvbj v1 get here soon.. I want my BJ

The earpiece of V1 is made up of multiple plastic pieces joined together by simple locks and has small air gaps. Be sure to seal all the gaps by superglue and V1 sounds much better. Just a small tip from me.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #15,744 of 35,472

If a dac isn't working with your smartphone (Assuming your phone has usb OTG function) it'll work well after you install and use USB audio player app. 

NX2 should work without issues on any USB OTG phone with USB audio player.

I just ordered a NX2 too, waiting for it to be delivered
You said you had compatibility issues with your smartphone? 
May I know what smartphone are you using? 

I am using an LG G3 and have lollipop installed (which should have native dac support), kind of didn't want to have to use a specific app to play music through the dac. All other dacs have worked perfectly (not even specific android dacs) and this one doesn't. I use spotify on my phone and USB audio player does nothing to fix spotify not working with this device.

Also not being able to use the device when connected to the charging is going to mean I can't use this device at work. Otherwise this device sounds very good and is more neutral than I thought initially yesterday (it was the headphone that wasn't) and it is sooooo small, I expected a small device but it was even smaller.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #15,745 of 35,472

I am using an LG G3 and have lollipop installed (which should have native dac support), kind of didn't want to have to use a specific app to play music through the dac. All other dacs have worked perfectly (not even specific android dacs) and this one doesn't. I use spotify on my phone and USB audio player does nothing to fix spotify not working with this device.

Also not being able to use the device when connected to the charging is going to mean I can't use this device at work. Otherwise this device sounds very good and is more neutral than I thought initially yesterday (it was the headphone that wasn't) and it is sooooo small, I expected a small device but it was even smaller.

My wild guess is that the USB communication part of your NX2 is malfunctioning. Please check if someone in NX2 thread has confirmed compatibility with G3. Better get a replacement in case of issue. Also @mobydick69 might be able to help, he had faced similar issue. 

Here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/757877/topping-nx2-portable-dac-amp-impressions-thread/60

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #15,748 of 35,472
Yes, years ago...http://www.head-fi.org/t/587402/review-hisound-amp3-m
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back