Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #15,691 of 35,472
  is it bright? how are the highs?

I like IEM with bright sound, high frequency are louder than it should be. When I hear bright sound I feel that the IEM has detailed sound but it bothers my ears when listening for too long. Good IEM sounds as close to the real music as possible.  VJJB V1 is a bit bright but not too much. I like it.

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #15,693 of 35,472
Just received my VJJB V1. Wouldn't talk about the SQ just yet as I am a believer in burn in and would only put my opinion forward once I'm done with some burn in. But judging from initial impressions I am quite liking it.

Some pics of the product and build quality.

Cables : Smoky gray colored, beefy cable from Y split to the Jack. The cable has tangle free nature and is nicely flexible. Cable from Y split to earpieces is thinner than the beefy cable but still feels good enough. The feel and material sits right between cable of TTPOD T1E and KZ EDSE.

Strain Reliefs : Above average strain reliefs at Jack and Y split lower side. Average strain relief at Y split top and good strain relief at earpieces.

Earpieces : Feel is sturdy enough to last normal usage but being made of plastic these are vulnerable to cracking when put under large force. Don't try to sit on 'em!

Accessories : VERY strange set indeed. Apart from 4 pairs of silicone ear tips (2 red core and 2 normal) and cloth pouch I received with this : one capacitive stylus, one '24k Gold Sticker' of heart shape, once cable winder and one Ear wax cleaner (!). These could be seller freebies though. 

One special point I'd like to mention is that the soundstage seems to be very good. More details later.... 

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #15,695 of 35,472
what's with all the simpsons avy's?  i've seen like 5 of them today. 

eisenb, give us your first impressions on the sq.  burn in is a myth. 
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #15,696 of 35,472
what's with all the simpsons avy's?  i've seen like 5 of them today. 

eisenb, give us your first impressions on the sq.  burn in is a myth.  :p
haha... Something that cooked up in the lab thread xD shows labsters' unity haha

EDIT: Removed as I need more time to judge sound. I don't feel comfortable to put more details yet.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #15,697 of 35,472
haha... Something that cooked up in the lab thread xD shows labsters' unity haha

Hmm... Imo these sound better than T1E. They sound coherent and detailed. Soundstage is above average and mids surprised me. While sounding very good in high and low sections the vocals are also produced well. I'd say while not being neutral sounding IEM, these still sound realistic.

One thing though.. I am loving these at lower volume. Maybe because I love V shaped sound and can't tolerate mids much.

Final opinion still reserved and I believe in burn in! Also would need some tip rolling to find some nice combination and fit.

Very interesting i must say, also you bought them from the tennmak store? Those freebies seem a nice touch to the overall service.
Getting hyped and waiting for a full review of yours after the burn-in is done, thanks for first impressions.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #15,698 of 35,472
Very interesting i must say, also you bought them from the tennmak store? Those freebies seem a nice touch to the overall service.
Getting hyped and waiting for a full review of yours after the burn-in is done, thanks for first impressions.

No problem. I'd be glad to provide full opinion soon.

I couldn't wait V1 to be listed on Ali so had bought these from TaoBao through MisterTao. Yeah lol it was nice and unexpected.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #15,699 of 35,472
for those interested in some pagan folk slavic  psy downtempo with a EDM bass and fxs here is a gem from ektoplazm:

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #15,700 of 35,472
this isn't new news about the lunarshop cable for the vsonic vsd3s(an earphone that i really don't want to live with, hence my purchase of the detachable cable) (but i did a short visual and tactile comparison with the stock cable)

plus a short (easy tutorial) on how to swap the cable... effortless really...

enjoy!

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #15,701 of 35,472
My Xiaomi Pistion 3.0, this one targets audiophile people. No need to talk about SQ. Everyone knows that quite well.  
What I like most about this earphone is its microphone.  Now I can sing a song and record it on my iPhone... wow very happy. 
k701smile.gif
  I
If you are a big fan of Xiaomi like me, don't miss it.

BTW, backward & forward button aren't compatible with iOS 8.3. So you can't use those buttons to adjust volume.

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #15,702 of 35,472
  My Xiaomi Pistion 3.0, this one targets audiophile people. No need to talk about SQ. Everyone knows that quite well.  
What I like most about this earphone is its microphone.  Now I can sing a song and record it on my iPhone... wow very happy. 
k701smile.gif
  I
If you are a big fan of Xiaomi like me, don't miss it.

BTW, backward & forward button aren't compatible with iOS 8.3. So you can't use those buttons to adjust volume.

Nice close ups :)

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #15,703 of 35,472
Chiming in for some thoughts on VJJB V1. Soundstage, positioning is very good. I did some random testing at my office by making my colleagues listen to V1 and asked what they think about it. Everyone mentioned that they could imagine the instrument's position in space and are very detailed sounding.

Bright green signal from me if someone is thinking of buying these. I'd say no brainer at this price.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #15,704 of 35,472
Chiming in for some thoughts on VJJB V1. Soundstage, positioning is very good. I did some random testing at my office by making my colleagues listen to V1 and asked what they think about it. Everyone mentioned that they could imagine the instrument's position in space and are very detailed sounding.

Bright green signal from me if someone is thinking of buying these. I'd say no brainer at this price.

Waiting someone to compare them with Xiaomi P3, i am tempted by the fact V1 will be my first dual driver iem if i get them but on the other side i like Xiaomi's products a lot.
Anyway, probably i will end up having both but still i can't decide which to get first.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #15,705 of 35,472
Waiting someone to compare them with Xiaomi P3, i am tempted by the fact V1 will be my first dual driver iem if i get them but on the other side i like Xiaomi's products a lot.
Anyway, probably i will end up having both but still i can't decide which to get first.

Hmm.. Yes get both. Not so costly anyway :) that's the best about Chinese earphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back