Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #15,663 of 35,472
I dont have S0 but I do have the T1-E ,Piston 2.0 ,and the 3.0. I can not find any aspect of  of them which can be better than  V1, of course YMMV.

Thanks a lot, that's good enough for me :)

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #15,664 of 35,472
So my Kinden wood (non-mic) arrived after about 1 month lol, so yeah, it's nothing special but good enough for the price. From my brief impression it's an upper mid-high focused phone with transparent quality for female vocal (for its price) but not enough bass, both sub and mid bass, and not detailed enough treble (although it's quite prominent, it's not harsh, at least for me).

I like it good enough for my playlist and I could use its shell, which is surprisingly very nice and look of high quality, for DIY project when I got bored of it lol.

Oh and it has laughably bad channel imbalance, you can easily detect it if you swap the L and R (the cable is detachable). This is only good if you intend to completely replace the drivers.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #15,666 of 35,472
Guys, which should i get for a bassy not too bright sound:
The tennmak Dulcimer or the VJJB V1?

Me don't have VJJB V1 but have Dulcimer...let me put this out....not my kind of signature....BUT they are pretty damm good....good built quality....Pretty tight bass(one of those that sound fun while still controlled).....with more than decent clarity and for those who are sensitive to sharp peaky treble...worry not....some burn in needed though....non burn in believer need not apply....

Btw..they are for sale....Malaysian headfi ..haha..good price

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #15,667 of 35,472
Damn... VJJB V1 not even arrived today. I'll be receiving tomorrow. It completed looong journey from TaoBao -> MisterTao -> SG Post -> Indian Customs -> Regional Post branch. It's still not reached to the local post office yet.

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #15,668 of 35,472
Me don't have VJJB V1 but have Dulcimer...let me put this out....not my kind of signature....BUT they are pretty damm good....good built quality....Pretty tight bass(one of those that sound fun while still controlled).....with more than decent clarity and for those who are sensitive to sharp peaky treble...worry not....some burn in needed though....non burn in believer need not apply....

Btw..they are for sale....Malaysian headfi ..haha..good price

Thanks!

Do you think's there's a better iem than them that has a balanced/warmer sound signature? for the same price?

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #15,671 of 35,472
woah, erm, was not expecting that. the high's on these are harsh, it's like listening to metal

You have ANV ? ....mmmmm.......me play them thru me Fiio X3 ..they don't seem harsh to me ...if it is ....your tolerance level to treble is very much very low ..haha :wink: ....then Dulcimer might not be that suitable too for you if going by what you say its harsh cuz to me ANV treble is more smooth while Dulcimer is more thin sounding metalicish :D....imho :D

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #15,672 of 35,472
You have ANV ? ....mmmmm.......me play them thru me Fiio X3 ..they don't seem harsh to me ...if it is ....your tolerance level to treble is very much very low ..haha
wink.gif
....then Dulcimer might not be that suitable too for you if going by what you say its harsh cuz to me ANV treble is more smooth while Dulcimer is more thin sounding metalicish
biggrin.gif
....imho
biggrin.gif

yes, you're probably right. ah well, the search continues. I know tenores are probably the right thing for me.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #15,675 of 35,472
woah, erm, was not expecting that. the high's on these are harsh, it's like listening to metal

If you find the highs harsh, get some small bore tips (ie. Sony Hybrids), and stuff a small ball of fabric inside. I posted some pics on the KZ a while back. Works wonders. With this 'mod' they're probably my favorite KZ iem, just inching out the Micro Ring. I much prefer them over the EDSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back