Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #15,406 of 35,472
  Im gonna give impression about the Edifier H750p.. I like a good balance of bass and treble. I want to have something that hit hard only when needed while also hear crisp sound. Im still a noob on audiophile. Even cant differentiate between wet and dry sound or warm or anything but i just give my best simple review.

I plug this edifier h750p on my pc and play anime mp3 song. all at 320 kbps. play this song using VLC Media Player. first thing i notice is that i can hear the bass but somewhat weak. Yes the detail of the bass is there but not enough. Its on-board anyway. I hooked it up with Topping NX-1 Portable Amplifier at low-gain. This thing become alive. The bass pounding hard.. The difference was like a mile. Treble is okay and good. I love this headset in terms of sound quality.

Well.. the bass was powerful because it squezze my ear so much that i cant bear it for more than 15 minutes. I feel like "No way! The sound characteristic is into my liking but comfort is a no-no!". Im currently sell this headphone somewhere. 

Needs fullfilled using Edifier h750p
-Bass ok, when boosted its awesome!
-Mid & Treble clear enough.
-Comfort is a no-go. Hurts my ear 

im about to buy h850 but i dont know if the sound will be the same as this in terms of bass. For treble and clarity i expect edifier headset are excel at. (at least in my experience). Also im testing this using the VLC Media Player equalizer combined with Realtek HD Manager equalizer along with the characteristic of v-shapped Topping NX-1.

The 850 isn't that great. It is lacking in bass by quite a bit for a closed headphone.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #15,407 of 35,472
  I can't believe these little guys sounds so good for the size. unfortunately my left side has less base and low volume. popping sound and static sound when i  insert them to my ear. (swapped and tried both ears to make sure it's not my ears) 
biggrin.gif
different is very clear.  talked to seller and he said he will refund.

Clear Treble and vocals even with massive bass. I'm new to this so bear with me  for the vague explain. I'm considering buying another pair from these after talking with the seller.

Which is that earphone??

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #15,410 of 35,472

Do you have anything else to compare it to?

Hmm not really. recently i got interested on IEMs and i can only compare these to at the moment is JVC HAFX1X. waiting for Moxpad X3 and Vjjb V1 to arrive.

In my opinion these are as good as JVC's if not better. never heard any distortion at full volume but then again my unit is defective.( left side little to no base and low volume than right.)  take my opinion with some grain of salt.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #15,411 of 35,472
After giving away my Awei es800m, which I liked, I now miss the very good isolation it provided. Could you recommend any balanced/flat iem with good isolation for in the train at $<8? I thought about the kzs.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #15,412 of 35,472
After giving away my Awei es800m, which I liked, I now miss the very good isolation it provided. Could you recommend any balanced/flat iem with good isolation for in the train at $<8? I thought about the kzs.

The KZ R1 is getting great reviews and is about $5, the only issue is that the Official KZ Store it down for some odd reason over at AliExpress.  

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #15,413 of 35,472
The KZ R1 is getting great reviews and is about $5, the only issue is that the Official KZ Store it down for some odd reason over at AliExpress.  

+1

R1 is a keeper. It has rolled off highs but the sub bass it produces is like Xiaomi Pistons. Rumbling and powerful.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #15,414 of 35,472
  The 850 isn't that great. It is lacking in bass by quite a bit for a closed headphone.

in the end, i try to believe in edifier. Yes its signature was a bright treble which please my ear. The bass is hidden somewhere far. Even with 31 & 62 Hz boosted from those 2 equalizers. But well, again Topping NX-1 change the H850 by a mile. The bass is awesome, punchy, and not overkill. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #15,415 of 35,472
  Happy to help. 

No no, EQ won't damage the hardware. Like I've said before if you are being forced to use EQ then you aren't using the right gear. You gotta discover more and find optimal one that will sound best to you without using EQ.

Like @B9Scrambler said it all depends on tuning. A well tuned bassy earphone will still remain punchy without invading into mids, or turning muddy. For the best VFM I suggest you try KZ R1, that's a bassy earphone which I just bought and it amazing!! Best thing is, it costed only $4.65 with shipping :)

yeah! I'll be sure to check KZ R1 after my Samsung IEM died. Thanks again! :D

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #15,417 of 35,472
But is the R1 any balanced? Or is the ED(2/SE) better?

They are not balanced. They are bassy earphones with very fun sound. Mids are not recessed though and highs though rolled off, are enough. So the sound is fuller.
EDSE is more balanced compared to R1 but as a slight basshead I am enjoying R1 more. 

Like I always say, EDSE is in the middle of everything so on average most people seem to like it. But KZ has a lot to offer depending on taste. There are bassy earphones as well as there is stuff for trebleheads.

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #15,419 of 35,472
Mar 24, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #15,420 of 35,472
LMUE VSD2/S deal has begun.

Preorder VSD2 and get a AN16 free.
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsonic-vsd2/

It seems the VSD2S is already out of stock :p

Edit: VSD2S in stock now:
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsonic-vsd2s/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back