Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #15,436 of 35,472
  Hey EISEN, I noticed you own the XB90EX's along with some other IEM's I've been looking at. I have a pair of B3 Pro 1's and the only thing I find lacking is the sub-bass impact and depth. I was wondering how the XB90EX's compare overall but mainly in bass (sub-bass impact and extension) compared to the B3's, T1E's and Tenore's.

And just in general I'm looking for headphones with really deep and impactful sub-bass for $150 or less. I listen to mainly hip-hop, alternative, post-hardcore, etc. I noticed I have slightly sensitive ears to piercing highs so I'm not looking for too much sibilance. I've been looking at IM50's, and MA750's as well, but I don't know too many Chinese manufacturers. I've owned a pair of GR06's and absolutely adored everything about them (especially soundstage and clarity) but felt it was lacking in the bass region. I currently use a pair of DT770 Pro 80Ohms as my usual listener around the house and the sound of them are excellent to me.

I can't help with the Sony, but for your last question, IM70 sounds like a good bet. IM50 would be good too, but in your budget I'd just grab the 70. The 70 has better separation and a bit deeper bass, where the 50 has slightly more forward mids and is less refined overall. Not a huge difference, but it's enough to warrant paying $30 more to me. I think the CKR10 would be a kind of holy grail for what you like. It and the CKR9 have the best bass I've ever heard in an IEM. Just mind blowing. They're a little out of your budget, but they're something to consider if you decide to stretch it. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #15,437 of 35,472
I wasn't alone. i came here looking for a recommendation to buy one pair of IEMs for my daily music but ended up ordering A02, Moxpad x3 and VJJB V1. now i'm saving up a bit for Ostry KC06A.

This is Highly Contagious :p

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #15,441 of 35,472

your wallet will be empty before you know it.
currently i am resisting vsd2s

That is a too good to be true deal. Vsonic VSD2S+Vsonic AN16 for 50$ if you preorder. only thing i haven't seen many reviews about those two.

That is because this is a pre-order deal and they will ship April 1st. No one knows how the AN16 will sound but for 20 bucks a GR06 shell with a GR07 driver should sound pretty darn good for the price 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #15,442 of 35,472
Hey EISEN, I noticed you own the XB90EX's along with some other IEM's I've been looking at. I have a pair of B3 Pro 1's and the only thing I find lacking is the sub-bass impact and depth. I was wondering how the XB90EX's compare overall but mainly in bass (sub-bass impact and extension) compared to the B3's, T1E's and Tenore's.

And just in general I'm looking for headphones with really deep and impactful sub-bass for $150 or less. I listen to mainly hip-hop, alternative, post-hardcore, etc. I noticed I have slightly sensitive ears to piercing highs so I'm not looking for too much sibilance. I've been looking at IM50's, and MA750's as well, but I don't know too many Chinese manufacturers. I've owned a pair of GR06's and absolutely adored everything about them (especially soundstage and clarity) but felt it was lacking in the bass region. I currently use a pair of DT770 Pro 80Ohms as my usual listener around the house and the sound of them are excellent to me.

Honestly XB90EX fell short in lot of departments. They have nice mid bass but sub bass feels lacking. Sometimes I wonder why they get called 'Extra Bass' because some IEMs like piston or R1 trample them in lows. Mids are recessed and highs extend good but don't have sparkle. It's an old model which is not so worth to buy now.

You have quite a decent budget and for you I guess Zero Audio Duoza would be suitable. Take a look at Duoza thread for reviews. IM70 is also very good from what I read. Of course I'm not a good person to ask when budget is above $50, haha.

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #15,443 of 35,472
Quote: Meelectronics CC51

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/meelectronics-cc51-cc51p/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-CC-51-Ceramic-In-Ear-Headphone-/141602430904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f8299fb8

Anyone know anything about these?  Not sure if this is the correct name, but I found it under "YinShu YS-202".

Looks to have some strange filter system for better flow...  

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #15,444 of 35,472

FIDUE A71, ATH-IM70

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #15,445 of 35,472
Mar 25, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #15,447 of 35,472
my moxpad x3's just arrived, first impressions are - wow, that wire is amazing, it feels so tough! so far I don't really the sound though. the long tips are very uncomfortable. will be putting my trusty diy foam eartips and will test. but for now, will leave it on for burn in.

but as a side note, amazing delivery speed. 9 days from china to uk. with free delivery.

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #15,448 of 35,472
  my moxpad x3's just arrived, first impressions are - wow, that wire is amazing, it feels so tough! so far I don't really the sound though. the long tips are very uncomfortable. will be putting my trusty diy foam eartips and will test. but for now, will leave it on for burn in.

but as a side note, amazing delivery speed. 9 days from china to uk. with free delivery.

for moxpad product, you need very good seal, close system in your ears.  

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #15,449 of 35,472

Cool, hope mine come soon!  Mine were only shipped 3 days ago from Aliexpress.  I bought them just because of the wire for my KZ R3 so I can have a microphone.  I paid only $11.49 USD, and that is how much normally just the replacement cable costs.  The MoxPad X3 is a bonus.

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #15,450 of 35,472

Honestly XB90EX fell short in lot of departments. They have nice mid bass but sub bass feels lacking. Sometimes I wonder why they get called 'Extra Bass' because some IEMs like piston or R1 trample them in lows. Mids are recessed and highs extend good but don't have sparkle. It's an old model which is not so worth to buy now.

You have quite a decent budget and for you I guess Zero Audio Duoza would be suitable. Take a look at Duoza thread for reviews. IM70 is also very good from what I read. Of course I'm not a good person to ask when budget is above $50, haha.

Thank you, I really needed to know that haha. I'm looking at the Duoza but I'm not sure how I feel about the design/shape for fitting into my ear. I like to have a decently deep seal. Yeah I've seen the IM70's as well but I believe they have less bass than the IM50's?

FIDUE A71, ATH-IM70

Thanks! I'm surprised I didn't see the A71. Have you tried it before? I was reading up on it and it seems like they're more mid-bass centric than sub-bass, but they're definitely in consideration. I was also looking at the IM70's but I've read that they have less bass than the IM50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back