Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #15,393 of 35,472
Mar 23, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #15,395 of 35,472
Im gonna give impression about the Edifier H750p.. I like a good balance of bass and treble. I want to have something that hit hard only when needed while also hear crisp sound. Im still a noob on audiophile. Even cant differentiate between wet and dry sound or warm or anything but i just give my best simple review.

I plug this edifier h750p on my pc and play anime mp3 song. all at 320 kbps. play this song using VLC Media Player. first thing i notice is that i can hear the bass but somewhat weak. Yes the detail of the bass is there but not enough. Its on-board anyway. I hooked it up with Topping NX-1 Portable Amplifier at low-gain. This thing become alive. The bass pounding hard.. The difference was like a mile. Treble is okay and good. I love this headset in terms of sound quality.

Well.. the bass was powerful because it squezze my ear so much that i cant bear it for more than 15 minutes. I feel like "No way! The sound characteristic is into my liking but comfort is a no-no!". Im currently sell this headphone somewhere. 

Needs fullfilled using Edifier h750p
-Bass ok, when boosted its awesome!
-Mid & Treble clear enough.
-Comfort is a no-go. Hurts my ear 

im about to buy h850 but i dont know if the sound will be the same as this in terms of bass. For treble and clarity i expect edifier headset are excel at. (at least in my experience). Also im testing this using the VLC Media Player equalizer combined with Realtek HD Manager equalizer along with the characteristic of v-shapped Topping NX-1.

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #15,396 of 35,472
Im gonna give impression about the Edifier H750p.. I like a good balance of bass and treble. I want to have something that hit hard only when needed while also hear crisp sound. Im still a noob on audiophile. Even cant differentiate between wet and dry sound or warm or anything but i just give my best simple review.

I plug this edifier h750p on my pc and play anime mp3 song. all at 320 kbps. play this song using VLC Media Player. first thing i notice is that i can hear the bass but somewhat weak. Yes the detail of the bass is there but not enough. Its on-board anyway. I hooked it up with Topping NX-1 Portable Amplifier at low-gain. This thing become alive. The bass pounding hard.. The difference was like a mile. Treble is okay and good. I love this headset in terms of sound quality.

Well.. the bass was powerful because it squezze my ear so much that i cant bear it for more than 15 minutes. I feel like "No way! The sound characteristic is into my liking but comfort is a no-no!". Im currently sell this headphone somewhere. 

Needs fullfilled using Edifier h750p
-Bass ok, when boosted its awesome!
-Mid & Treble clear enough.
-Comfort is a no-go. Hurts my ear 

im about to buy h850 but i dont know if the sound will be the same as this in terms of bass. For treble and clarity i expect edifier headset are excel at. (at least in my experience). Also im testing this using the VLC Media Player equalizer combined with Realtek HD Manager equalizer along with the characteristic of v-shapped Topping NX-1.

Nice impressio!

The NX1 is not much of a v-shape though:
31755511.21vn51t7su.W665.png

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #15,397 of 35,472
Nice impressio!

+1

and thanks for the graph! This is perfect representation of my NX1. NX1 is slightly cold. Any muddy/overly bassy earphone sounded really good with NX1.

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #15,398 of 35,472
Nice impressio!

i see.. thats pretty flat on my eyes. ahahah :D .. 
  +1

and thanks for the graph! This is perfect representation of my NX1. NX1 is slightly cold. Any muddy/overly bassy earphone sounded really good with NX1.

i cant even describe whats 'Cold' sound like :DD. What i only know is that, if the headphone's bass is low, they i gain those 31 Hz and 63 Hz up plus decrease the overall gain in order to avoid weird bass sound (cant described). after the bass is sufficient enought, i start to up the mid as well as the high until i feel comfortable. 

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #15,399 of 35,472

i cant even describe whats 'Cold' sound like :DD. What i only know is that, if the headphone's bass is low, they i gain those 31 Hz and 63 Hz up plus decrease the overall gain in order to avoid weird bass sound (cant described). after the bass is sufficient enought, i start to up the mid as well as the high until i feel comfortable. 

You might be familiar with 'warm' sound? That's more often used term around so most people might know that. It represents boosted representation of low frequency range. 'cold' sound is the opposite term and is referred to recessed lows. I hope you get it now.

I recommend avoid using equalizer unless you really need that. Depending on implementation it may cause a whole lot of degradation in SQ. Not all the algorithms are best at preserving the sound quality. To avoid clipping issue (as you said) reducing overall gain is must otherwise clipping of peaks will ruin the sound.

Otherwise, just get a bassy earphone if are a basshead : )

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #15,400 of 35,472
  You might be familiar with 'warm' sound? That's more often used term around so most people might know that. It represents boosted representation of low frequency range. 'cold' sound is the opposite term and is referred to recessed lows. I hope you get it now.

I recommend avoid using equalizer unless you really need that. Depending on implementation it may cause a whole lot of degradation in SQ. Not all the algorithms are best at preserving the sound quality. To avoid clipping issue (as you said) reducing overall gain is must otherwise clipping of peaks will ruin the sound.

Otherwise, just get a bassy earphone if are a basshead : )

Warm sound.. Hm.. i think now i can differentiate between warm and cold sound. Thank you very much. 

Yes. i always reduce the overall gain in order to avoid clipping sound. And equalizer? Hm.. i always use them because if i set to flat, the speaker and the headphone sounds soo flat imo. Do you mean that excessive use of equalizer damage the headset thus decreasing SQ faster ??

The problem with bassy earphone / headphone is that they sound muddy? ( i guess thats what it is ). Even if i help it by increase their mid-high, the sound still not bright and clear enough (ex: gaming headset.. only have 1 tho and its very cheap << 33$). Thats why i search for an already good bright and clean headset then bump up their low basses. 

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #15,401 of 35,472

The problem with bassy earphone / headphone is that they sound muddy? ( i guess thats what it is ). Even if i help it by increase their mid-high, the sound still not bright and clear enough (ex: gaming headset.. only have 1 tho and its very cheap << 33$). Thats why i search for an already good bright and clean headset then bump up their low basses.

You just need to find the right bassy earphone. Yeah, some can undoubtedly sound muddy however a properly tuned bass-head iem can be outstanding. The Sony AS800AP is a well tuned bassy iem for example. Massive bass, clear mids (slightly recessed), and solid treble extension with good detail.

**Edit: The VSonic VSD3 is another well-tuned bassy iem that sounds in no way muddy.

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #15,402 of 35,472

You just need to find the right bassy earphone. Yeah, some can undoubtedly sound muddy however a properly tuned bass-head iem can be outstanding. The Sony AS800AP is a well tuned bassy iem for example. Massive bass, clear mids (slightly recessed), and solid treble extension with good detail.

**Edit: The VSonic VSD3 is another well-tuned bassy iem that sounds in no way muddy.

thanks for the recommendation. i'll take that until my simple Samsung in-ear headset died (loved it till now. its been 2 years++ ). Do you think its okay to discuss it here? I think we outta topic for a bit. . .

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #15,403 of 35,472

thanks for the recommendation. i'll take that until my simple Samsung in-ear headset died (loved it till now. its been 2 years++ ). Do you think its okay to discuss it here? I think we outta topic for a bit. . .

I don't think we're too off topic but if you want to PM any questions feel free. I bet some of the more experienced Head-fiers who've tried a wider variety of earphones than myself would have some good feedback about what to look for or try out.

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #15,404 of 35,472

Warm sound.. Hm.. i think now i can differentiate between warm and cold sound. Thank you very much. 

Yes. i always reduce the overall gain in order to avoid clipping sound. And equalizer? Hm.. i always use them because if i set to flat, the speaker and the headphone sounds soo flat imo. Do you mean that excessive use of equalizer damage the headset thus decreasing SQ faster ??

Happy to help. 

No no, EQ won't damage the hardware. Like I've said before if you are being forced to use EQ then you aren't using the right gear. You gotta discover more and find optimal one that will sound best to you without using EQ.

Like @B9Scrambler said it all depends on tuning. A well tuned bassy earphone will still remain punchy without invading into mids, or turning muddy. For the best VFM I suggest you try KZ R1, that's a bassy earphone which I just bought and it amazing!! Best thing is, it costed only $4.65 with shipping :)

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #15,405 of 35,472
I can't believe these little guys sounds so good for the size. unfortunately my left side has less base and low volume. popping sound and static sound when i  insert them to my ear. (swapped and tried both ears to make sure it's not my ears) 
biggrin.gif
different is very clear.  talked to seller and he said he will refund.

Clear Treble and vocals even with massive bass. I'm new to this so bear with me  for the vague explain. I'm considering buying another pair from these after talking with the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back