Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 11, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #4,066 of 33,689

​
Here's what I think about the 1More E1001 triple-driver in-ears:​
 ​
 ​

I like the 1more TH, it really sounded good from the word go, very detailed, huge soundstage... it doesn't have the typical sound of a triple hybrid though, it lacks some sparkle up top, but mainly down to it's overall smooth listen. It's very different to my Dunu Dn 1000, and the Dunu Dn 2000. There's still enough detail in the treble that you don't miss out, but it def takes back seat to a very silky midrange and big sub bass. The bass can be a little untidy at times. It goes very low and has some punch, but can be hit or miss and over dominate in certain genres.

It has a very chocolatey signature.

The nozzle on the set i had was pretty sharp on the rim. I actually cut my finger replacing a silicon tip :frowning2: 

I think it's a good thing that it doesn't have the typically bright upper range (it does have two elevations though, however I would mainly consider it as a warm and smooth in-ear), and its midrange and treble are nicely detailed, but I am personally quite a bit sad about the bass quality. There are definitely quicker and tighter dynamic driver implementations than the one in the E1001 that has a too IE 80-esque bass in terms of speed and tightness.
Imho, it would have been a great if the overall tuning remained, but they used a large, back-vented Knowles CI driver for the lows reproduction. They wouldn't be able to create the same quantity, but the quality and coherency between the dynamic and BA drivers would be better.

My $0.02.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #4,067 of 33,689
I have a great parametric eq curve that can do this. Let me know if you want a pic. Basically cut the 250-500hz area by a few db and increase 1-3k by a db

Great! .....looking forward to it!
I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs, under US$10 and on Aliexpress perhaps?
Thought of KZ stuff, or perhaps an Awei ES800M.

I had a Kanen ip808 that now is dead in one ear, and a Gediao GD-1 that has a loose housing.

I never liked the Gediao GD-1, or for that matter the company in general. Even after I returned the GD-1, to replace one side, which the driver wasn't working properly....they sent back the same package with the same damaged driver. Talk about a waste of time and money. This was the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #4,068 of 33,689
I never liked the Gediao GD-1, or for that matter the company in general. Even after I returned the GD-1, to replace one side, which the driver wasn't working properly....they sent back the same package with the same damaged driver. Talk about a waste of time and money. This was the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

I am not surprised at all. Chinese customer service at its best.

However, I got a few models as free samples from them. When I wrote that one side didn't work on one of them, they sent me three other GD-1s in different colours.

Business before consumer, I guess...

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #4,069 of 33,689
I have the Gleam Handwork Design 8ba in my possession now!
Very impressed so far, this company doesn't screw around.
It's a very clean and transparent sounding iem, the BA bass is tighter than that
of the 8 + 1. Massive soundstage too.

Keep this thread updated with impressions of these. They look pretty amazing and I`m also interested how their mids/vocals sound and are they nearfield/front/foward presented or more distant out of headstage?
Graph looks very good to me - especially no peak around 6-7kHz.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #4,071 of 33,689
  anyone heard magaosi k3?

cool.gif
I have the original K1. They are very good but had technical (QC) issues. I was sent a second pair when the first quit working, then AK and other sellers stopped carrying the K1. I'm assuming the K3 is an upgraded version with flaws removed. I will have to wait and see what happens before I would purchase them, as they are fairly spendy.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #4,072 of 33,689
Well K1 and K3 should be different, K1 has same drivers as ubranfun, k3 knowles 30017 dual ba + dynamic.
seller shipped me K3 instead of K1, I'll share my impressions if no one else shares theirs by the time they arrive.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #4,073 of 33,689
  Well K1 and K3 should be different, K1 has same drivers as ubranfun, k3 knowles 30017 dual ba + dynamic.
seller shipped me K3 instead of K1, I'll share my impressions if no one else shares theirs by the time they arrive.

Where do you have the information about same drivers from? The module looks similar but they sound different.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #4,074 of 33,689
Where do you have the information about same drivers from? The module looks similar but they sound different.

Drivers are just one part of the iem design, same drivers can sound vastly different depending on housing, dampening, crossover etc.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #4,075 of 33,689

Drivers are just one part of the iem design, same drivers can sound vastly different depending on housing, dampening, crossover etc.

Totally agree. Putting a great tuned driver in random nice looking housing doesn`t mean anything, outcome can be disastrous. 

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #4,076 of 33,689
Been burning in over night and will be all day so I'll give a better early impression tonight but OOTB with the Black back and Red nozzle, it's well balanced with deep bass, detailed treble with great separation. With this setup the top peak I guess is 15khz before it rolls off. The Red Back and Black Nozzle it rolls off top end at 24000 so it appears to be a bit more vivid because above 15khz is more presented. I prefer the first setup but the second is also very good.

Stage is wide and had good imaging. Will have to pay attention more to depth but overall its very natural sounding.

Thanks Lurk, now I'm even more interested in them! I'll have to wait for a while.....

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #4,079 of 33,689
For anybody interested, my review of the Yenona is up... http://www.head-fi.org/products/yenona-adapter-free-dj-headphones/reviews/17548

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #4,080 of 33,689
Can anyone recommend an IEM that has badass BASS? I mean an IEM that has ASG 2.5 or UM Merin level of bass quantity...... If it has good clean mid and high, it would been even better but bass is main thing... Is TK13 has that much bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back