Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #4,561 of 33,689
Now I have got quite a lot asian IEMs and think I've got to the point of minor soundadvantages.
Currently I'm using JVC FXT90 which seem to fit my hearing preferences and the fit of the headphones right.
I think I would have to pay 150+ more Euro (or way, way, way more) for a auditionable difference in soundquality. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #4,565 of 33,689
Time for my semi-annual, research this thread to death and pick the best Headphones....I'm not someone who usually spends over $40 on IEMs because I used to go through them quite regularly. I'm treating myself and looking at around 100 for my next pair....I'd prefer a balanced sound sig, with an enjoyable amount of bass, but not Basshead levels. Mostly listening to Indie, 80s, Jazz, and some Rock and Rap on occasion. I'd prefer Detachable cables and the Moni one and LZ A3 ($95 on gearbest) seem to be really leading the way....For anyone who has both, which do you enjoy more? I understand the Moni is brighter, and seems to be more detailed and spacious, but it also seems to have enough bass, but from all descriptions the A3 sound appealing as well. Looking forward to what everyone says.
coming out soon , I think February

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #4,566 of 33,689
I don't know what they're thinking with those tips man...the largest ones don't even touch the sides of my ear canals lol

Yeah. They are a bit thin. Yet somehow perfect for my ear canals.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #4,567 of 33,689
While it's not Chinese, I did just get my pair of Genuine IE80s that I got from Amazon for $180. Wow..these are so very very close to being my endgame headphone. Warm yet relatively clear, with AMAZING bass. 

So why am I posting here about this? Because I'm wondering if my endgame headphone exists. As I said, the IE80 is REALLY close, but what I'm missing is just a bit of clarity and sparkle. It's as if it would be perfect if I could take the IE80 and slap a single BA inside for a little more sparkle.

Is there anything out there with the bass and warmth of the IE80 that has the clarity and sparkle of something like the Trinity PM4 or close to but a little less treble than the **** 4in1 (those hurt my ears) ? 

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #4,569 of 33,689
Dec 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #4,570 of 33,689
  While it's not Chinese, I did just get my pair of Genuine IE80s that I got from Amazon for $180. Wow..these are so very very close to being my endgame headphone. Warm yet relatively clear, with AMAZING bass. 

So why am I posting here about this? Because I'm wondering if my endgame headphone exists. As I said, the IE80 is REALLY close, but what I'm missing is just a bit of clarity and sparkle. It's as if it would be perfect if I could take the IE80 and slap a single BA inside for a little more sparkle.

Is there anything out there with the bass and warmth of the IE80 that has the clarity and sparkle of something like the Trinity PM4 or close to but a little less treble than the **** 4in1 (those hurt my ears) ? 

​If your source is neutral enough, 80 is very euphonic. The most outstanding of 80 is soundstage. It's larger and more holographic than Havi B3.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #4,573 of 33,689

​If your source is neutral enough, 80 is very euphonic. The most outstanding of 80 is soundstage. It's larger and more holographic than Havi B3.

I agree. I'm just looking for a smidge more presence in the upper register. The kind of sparkle that I've only heard from BAs. That's why I was so excited when the hybrids started coming out. I love the punch in the head bass and warmth of a dynamic, but there's not many dynamics out there that can match the holographic sparkle of a good BA. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #4,574 of 33,689

cool.gif
The major fault with the IE8/80 is the looseness of the Bass. It can be tightened with a single simple mod. Set the bass control to your desired level, using Tape (aluminum works best) cover the knob and orifice it's in and poke a small pin sized hole in it as a Port. With regular tapes just leave a small crescent of the orifice uncovered. You would be surprised how much it tightens the Bass. Also the BEST tips are indeed Auvios. This IEM is where I got turned onto them in the first place. It's in the IE8 appreciation thread. There is extensive discussion over tips, but it is a HUGE thread to read through.

At this point I would recommend price wise: High: LZ A4  Low: Crazy Cello.  Either of these will easily match the performance of the IE80.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #4,575 of 33,689

I agree. I'm just looking for a smidge more presence in the upper register. The kind of sparkle that I've only heard from BAs. That's why I was so excited when the hybrids started coming out. I love the punch in the head bass and warmth of a dynamic, but there's not many dynamics out there that can match the holographic sparkle of a good BA. 

​Then go for the IE800. :) Both bass and treble are much better than 800 and much sharper imaging, so more holographic sound. But 80 give me more relaxed listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back