Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #1,786 of 1,873
Cayin will debut a new DAP at CanJam New York 2024. The N3Ultra is a long overdue update to the beloved N3Pro and this is the second portable product in the Cayin lineup embracing the Gen3 Vacuum Tube Audio Circuit.
Check out the MusicTack booth if you are visiting CanJam New York 2024. More details will be available by coming Thursday right before the CanJam event, so please subscribe to the N3Ultra thread and stay tuned.

Image_20240302082814.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 2, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #1,787 of 1,873
Another happy new owner. It is my first Cayin dap. I always thought I did not need a volume wheel but now after a few days I have to say I love it! Well done!

IMG_6382.jpeg
IMG_6381.jpeg

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,789 of 1,873
Does anyone else experience erratic charging light when charging? The red light on my blinks erratically, not in any discernible pattern.

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #1,790 of 1,873
Does anyone else experience erratic charging light when charging? The red light on my blinks erratically, not in any discernible pattern.
Yep same here. I assumed it was … normal?

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #1,793 of 1,873
Yes, for me too, it really does seem to want to glow in a recognisable pattern, but every second glow is somehow faster and splatterier. I think this was also the case with the N30LE. Andy mentioned that the implementation was very similar to the N7.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #1,794 of 1,873
Hi all,

I'm owner of Cayin N7 since a few weeks. I already postes on UAPP thread but after discussing with both UAPP and Cayin team, this problem seems linked to N7.
I encounter a problem in the stock app and also third party apps (neutron, usb audio pro player, poweramp).
I noticed that first 1 or 2 seconds of tracks are missed and noticed that this happens only in some cases :

- when starting a track just after starting the app,
- when the track is on pause and then play
- when switching to a track that has different (higher as well as lower) bitrate or sample rate. When switching to a track that has same bitrate and sample rate, the change is smooth and nothing's missing.

I initialy thought the problem came from USB audio pro player and played around with the settings of UAPP but couldn't find any solution yet.
So I also tried in the stock Cayin and Hiby and other above mentionned third party apps, problem is the same.

Only solution for now is after switching track, restart the same song to have the first notes.

Cayin Team said it was normal and that it is to reduce the pop sound caused by switching tracks between different bitrates or sample rate and kindly suggested to set the Track transitions in the settings of Cayin music but it did not work.

Has anyone in the community noticed this problem ?

Thank you !

Mar 3, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #1,795 of 1,873
I have not experienced this problem with Cayin, Hiby or UAPP applications.

I assume you tried a factory reset?

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #1,796 of 1,873
Hi all,

I'm owner of Cayin N7 since a few weeks. I already postes on UAPP thread but after discussing with both UAPP and Cayin team, this problem seems linked to N7.
I encounter a problem in the stock app and also third party apps (neutron, usb audio pro player, poweramp).
I noticed that first 1 or 2 seconds of tracks are missed and noticed that this happens only in some cases :

- when switching to a track that has different (higher as well as lower) bitrate or sample rate. When switching to a track that has same bitrate and sample rate, the change is smooth and nothing's missing.

I initialy thought the problem came from USB audio pro player and played around with the settings of UAPP but couldn't find any solution yet.
So I also tried in the stock Cayin and Hiby and other above mentionned third party apps, problem is the same.

Only solution for now is after switching track, restart the same song to have the first notes.

Cayin Team said it was normal and that it is to reduce the pop sound caused by switching tracks between different bitrates or sample rate and kindly suggested to set the Track transitions in the settings of Cayin music but it did not work.

Thank you !
Yeah I experience it all the time - no solution was found 🙂

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #1,797 of 1,873
I have not experienced this problem with Cayin, Hiby or UAPP applications.

I assume you tried a factory reset?
Thank you for the suggestion, it didn't solve the problem
Yeah I experience it all the time - no solution was found 🙂
That's really too bad for such an amazing device :frowning2:
It's an annoying issue and I'm surprised such issues happen. I remember having the same with Shanling m6 pro, plus it wasn't natively gapless with the stock app
Thanks anyway 🙂

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #1,798 of 1,873
Cayin will debut a new DAP at CanJam New York 2024. The N3Ultra is a long overdue update to the beloved N3Pro and this is the second portable product in the Cayin lineup embracing the Gen3 Vacuum Tube Audio Circuit.
Check out the MusicTack booth if you are visiting CanJam New York 2024. More details will be available by coming Thursday right before the CanJam event, so please subscribe to the N3Ultra thread and stay tuned.

Image_20240302082814.jpg
Hello Andy. I am a N7 and previous N30LE owner. Can we expect an update to the N7 (with more output power) this year? Or a new flagship based on the N30LE tech? I find the class A, P+ mode of N30LE to be my favorite DAP presentation.

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #1,799 of 1,873
Hello Andy. I am a N7 and previous N30LE owner. Can we expect an update to the N7 (with more output power) this year? Or a new flagship based on the N30LE tech? I find the class A, P+ mode of N30LE to be my favorite DAP presentation.

Sorry, we don't discuss our future product plan because there is too much uncertainty involved. We prefer sharing our product information when we are ready. :pray:

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #1,800 of 1,873
Hi all,

Thank you !

If your N7 has missed 1 to 2 seconds of tracks as described, please contact your dealer and arrange for testing/inspection. This is abnormal.

We have implemented a mute gateway to eliminate the pop noise when switching between tracks with different formats (bitrate and sampling frequency), I have highlighted the mute gateway in yellow for your reference.

1709568299028.png

The mute gateway is a hardware gateway, software-based mute implementation can't handle the mute as reliable as we wanted it to be. The mute implementation involves two parts, the mute time and the resume time. In the case of N7, the mute time is only 10ms, and the playback will resume in around 10ms to 20ms. so the total mute time is within 30ms, or 50ms max if we include a hefty error rate in the resume time section. This is equivalent to 0.05 seconds, technically speaking.

That's why the N7 mute implementation will only affect a small percentage of music playback because most music will have some idle time or a softer note at the beginning of the track. I have noticed that the mute mechanism will eat up one note if the first few notes of the track are fairly prominent, but the mute mechanism will not last 1-2 seconds.

So maybe its time to contact your dealer and seek an alternative assessment to the 1-2 second missing problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back