Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Dec 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #107 of 1,977
A quick question: Can volume be controlled via the jog dial?

I returned the DX90 and kept the AK120 because imho vol+/- buttons are a pain to use...

I can only speak for the Beta Unit right now, the production unit will be available soon, so maybe there is further improvement.

The Jog dial can be used to control volume, but this is not the default action assigned to the jog dial. When the DAP is playing music, the default action of the jog dial is to browse through song list in the active folder, you can scroll up and down and then click to play a song.

To use the jog dial to control volume, you have to click either the Vol UP or Vol Down button on the right side, the screen will turn to volume adjustment interface, and then you can scroll the jog dial to control volume of the player. This is applicable to all setting and all condition of the player.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 17, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #109 of 1,977
Its the 18th today, the day it is being officially launched in China (as I understand it). Can anyone recommend a reputable site that carries it? I'm a bit doubtful of shenzhenaudio due to a lack of security on their site. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #110 of 1,977
Its the 18th today, the day it is being officially launched in China (as I understand it). Can anyone recommend a reputable site that carries it? I'm a bit doubtful of shenzhenaudio due to a lack of security on their site. 

which country? Euro or Nirth America?

My N6 has been deliveried but I won't be able to test it until Sunday, will post some picture later today.

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #111 of 1,977
My N6 has been deliveried but I won't be able to test it until Sunday, will post some picture later today.

Swell! Waiting for your impressions of the final version of N6, ANDY!
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #112 of 1,977
Hi Andy Kong, looking forward to your views on the final version. I would need it delivered to India but an address in the EU or US would work as well as I have friends who can bring it to India.

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #113 of 1,977
Hi Andy Kong, looking forward to your views on the final version. I would need it delivered to India but an address in the EU or US would work as well as I have friends who can bring it to India.

Sorry, did not yet have in India our dealers, in addition to the fact that we are expanding the business in China. So far, France, Britain, the Czech Republic, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Australia and other countries have our agents...

Due to restrictions on business or forum, I can not disclose that information here.

We hope that we love CAYIN products, and be able to buy in the country after CAYIN authorized dealer, get the service because it is the fastest and most assured.

The friend, if there is such a product distributor in India and you are familiar with, you can PM me and I'll contact our sales staff with them, we hope to establish these sales channels and to bring people like these products be happy.

Thank you.

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #114 of 1,977
  Sorry, did not yet have in India our dealers, in addition to the fact that we are expanding the business in China. So far, France, Britain, the Czech Republic, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Australia and other countries have our agents...

Due to restrictions on business or forum, I can not disclose that information here.

We hope that we love CAYIN products, and be able to buy in the country after CAYIN authorized dealer, get the service because it is the fastest and most assured.

The friend, if there is such a product distributor in India and you are familiar with, you can PM me and I'll contact our sales staff with them, we hope to establish these sales channels and to bring people like these products be happy.

Thank you.

What about Poland?

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #118 of 1,977
I bought my N6 via Cayin Taobao on 10 December. To make sure the item is safely delivered across the border, I asked Cayin to send the package to a friend of mine who works in Mainland China and comes back to Hong Kong during weekend, so officially the package has delivered, but I won't get my hands on it until Sunday.

I have asked my friend to open the package and take some photo for me, I'll post more photos next week when I receive the machine.

The package included two screen protectors, one is fitted on the player already, and then a spare one for backup. I am glad that Cayin has bundled a silicon cover for N6 as well, the odd shape of N6 makes it difficult to find a protective cover. I used to pay for these kind of covers when I bought my DAP from iBasso, so this is a nice surprise indeed.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #119 of 1,977

If security is the only issue, maybe you can consider buying from Shenzhenaudio via Amazon, in fact if you search on Amazon, you should be able to find TWO seller on Cayin N6: Shenzhenaudio ($620) and Digital852 ($599). I have zero knowledge about these two shops, but I suggest you don't make your decision because of the price different, take a good look into their profile and trading before you pick your supplier.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #120 of 1,977
Andykong, one more queston about comparison between dx100 and n6. After listening to dx100 with my new Harmony 8 Pro it appears that dx100 has suprisingly a tad bright tonality (it is to my ears at the same time warm and a little bit brigtish); this corresponds to opinion of one the users that dx100 has somehow a little bit "hot" upper treble. Do you hear this with dx100? If yes, how this area is in n6? Is n6 more relaxed in this regard and thus could be considered more balanced and more natural than dx100? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back