Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Mar 27, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #1,711 of 2,546
Hello i am considering getting N5 so here is my questions hope somebody can be kind to help.

1.  This has Usb 3.0 cable,  I have problem using Usb 3.0 on my pc i have to fix it,  Can i conect N5 to Usb 2.0 port?
2.  it comes with a Usb 3.0 to Usb 2.0 cable right, so i can use that to conect N5 to usb 2.0 port, However my pc is big Pc tower with usb conexion at the top
    I have to U-bend the cable and put the N5 on top of the Pctower...but if cable is short thats a problem.... Can i buy a optional longer USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 cable that will work?
3.  Can more Uci themes be downloaded or only the 4 already avaible on N5?
4.  Is the Fiber backside made of Glass or is it more like thick plastic, can it scratch or break? 

3. Cayin has a custom theme tool to make your own. I haven't seen anyone do one yet though.

4. The back looks like the pic below.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #1,714 of 2,546
When I have time, I'd like to make a quite minimal charcoal gray theme...

I'd love it if someone could figure out how to replace the scrolling text in the top bar with simpler, non-scrolling text. For instance, replace Phones with HP and Line with LO.

Haven't really looked much at the Cayin fw, but if it really is anything like the Fiios, then replacing text should just be a matter of changing the strings in an ini file. Very simple.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,716 of 2,546
You piqued my curiosity…

I believe the lines you need to change are in the str/english folder, play_set.ini

<en_headset>Phone</en_headset>
  <en_output_balance>Bal.Ph</en_output_balance>
  <en_line>Line</en_line>
  <en_spdif>Coax</en_spdif>

look familiar?

The N5 has replaygain?

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,719 of 2,546
Hello i am considering getting N5 so here is my questions hope somebody can be kind to help.

1.  This has Usb 3.0 cable,  I have problem using Usb 3.0 on my pc i have to fix it,  Can i conect N5 to Usb 2.0 port?
2.  it comes with a Usb 3.0 to Usb 2.0 cable right, so i can use that to conect N5 to usb 2.0 port, However my pc is big Pc tower with usb conexion at the top
    I have to U-bend the cable and put the N5 on top of the Pctower...but if cable is short thats a problem.... Can i buy a optional longer USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 cable that will work?
3.  Can more Uci themes be downloaded or only the 4 already avaible on N5?
4.  Is the Fiber backside made of Glass or is it more like thick plastic, can it scratch or break? 

The N5 community is indeed a very helpful community, it is amazing that most of your question have been answered in detail already. I'll just chip in on some minor issue.

The USB3.0 cable provided in N5 is 1m long, if you need a longer USB connection, you can certainly buy a longer USB3.0 to USB2.0 cable to replace it, should work, and should be an low cost standard item.

The backside of N5 is genuine carbon fiber sheet, it is breakable if you hit it hard, Regular usage might cause the etched label wash out slightly, but the panel itself is fairly scratch free on day to day use.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 28, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #1,720 of 2,546

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #1,721 of 2,546
Good day to andy & all headfi friends (well, 2pm right now in my country), enjoying nice vocals with vjjb k2s.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #1,722 of 2,546
Good day to andy & all headfi friends (well, 2pm right now in my country), enjoying nice vocals with vjjb k2s.

Good evening to our new N5 friend (1:30am in California), welcome on board, hope your new toy will bring you closer to music, stay back while you are writing your N5 impression, I am sure we are all anxious to read your sharing. :beerchug:

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #1,723 of 2,546
wish to highlight something, not sure if this is a known bug .. not a big deal though

i encountered this 4 times since i upgraded to FW 3.0

when i start my player, it will go to the last played song and somehow when i press on play, the music will play per 10-15 secs interval, meaning no music will be heard, but the time pointer on the duration of the song will keep "fast forwarding"

buttons pressed will be very lagged and i need to restart my player in order to resume normal play

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #1,724 of 2,546
I was all but set to get the ibasso dx 80, now I'm thinking I might get the N5 instead. Two quick questions though. Does the N5 support cue files? How do I fast forward in a song? Is there an interval fast forward, like each press of a button/klick of a wheel fast forwards 10 seconds or something?

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,725 of 2,546
wish to highlight something, not sure if this is a known bug .. not a big deal though

i encountered this 4 times since i upgraded to FW 3.0

when i start my player, it will go to the last played song and somehow when i press on play, the music will play per 10-15 secs interval, meaning no music will be heard, but the time pointer on the duration of the song will keep "fast forwarding"

buttons pressed will be very lagged and i need to restart my player in order to resume normal play

That's strange, may I suggest you use a different TF card for a while and see what happened? If the problem won't occur again, i recommend you to format your main TF card and start clean again, copy the music file back to the formatted TF and see what happened.

Alternatively, please mark the song (format, bitrate, sampling rate) that is in play when you run into problem, I would like to know if this is format related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back