CanJam London 2022 Impressions Thread (July 30-31, 2022)
Jul 30, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #31 of 348
Right. I think supermoon mops the floor woth it unfortunately. I just absolutely dont see why its priced at what it is.

Supermoon however for a price is something stunning.
Wow! This is quite unexpected. Thank you for the feedback, gives me something to think about.

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #32 of 348
Right. I think supermoon mops the floor woth it unfortunately. I just absolutely dont see why its priced at what it is.

I was initially underwhelmed by the Trifecta. Agree the Supermoon is great. When I switched from my Earmen Eagle to the Burson amp the Trifecta really shone. Detailed, open sound with well controlled base. Great to see companies doing new things. Definitely would not be an ‘only’ IEM and wouldn’t be my choice if buying in that price bracket!

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #33 of 348
Any reports on the T+A Solitaire T wireless headphones?

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #34 of 348
PSX_20220730_180556.jpg

PSX_20220730_180613.jpg

PSX_20220730_180626.jpg

Wow, today was simply awesome! I had a blast getting to meet all of you today, and I have to say the highlight of the day was the non-stop wave of praise we got for our HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition!

Both the HIFIMAN Shangri-La and STAX SR-X9000 got a lot of head time, and I can't wait to hear firsthand which was your favorite.

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #35 of 348

That's what I like. Clarity. Did you get a chance to hear Advar or Perpetua? Interested in your take on those IEMs vs. Trifecta

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #36 of 348

Supermoon was a bit of a surprise for me. It was really engaging with quality bass. I was rather impressed with it.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #38 of 348
Jul 30, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #39 of 348
Heard a few IEMs my fav were Sultan.

Listened to those amazing Spirit Torinos - just beautiful.

Had the pleasure to hear the Sangria with that amazing DAC - super sweet! How luck were we that Hifonix had this outstanding setup for us to indulge in.

For my first CanJam - what can I say - truly special - thanks to every to everyone!!!

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #41 of 348
Can those attending please try out the Campfire Trifecta and let us know how it is? There aren't many impressions on this sadly.
Some quick not well organised thoughts :
- they are not hissy with the DX300, but they are definitely easier to drive than I'd imagine - easily half the volume of the IE900
- they are definitely "all about the bass" as in they are what make most of the soundscape and what catches the attention from the first moment. The bass emanates from the centre in spherical shape so to say. It's quite boomy but in an elegant way as in it tries its best not to interfere with the mids. Unlike the IE900 which have the bass spread out to the borders of the sound stage, the Trifecta has an intense ball of bass in the centre.
- sound stage is a bit shallow compared to the Andromeda for example, but it's quite wide with OK heighth. The separation is above average considering the boomy bass.
- the cable is unlike usual CA litz stuff. It's flat, almost ribbon-like with two strings of two wires. Outdoor use might be a bother should one choose to stroll with these
- even though the shell is plastic it feels durable and thick (looking at you, Westone!) and plays an important role in displaying the Trifecta's unique insides. I prefer metal but in case of artistic use I'll give it a pass.

Unsolicited ear and IEM pics to follow. Stay tuned for more impressions :)

Attachments

• 20220730_110612.jpg
    20220730_110612.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220730_105944.jpg
    20220730_105944.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 30, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #42 of 348
I think they should make all headfi’ers at the show eat and drink regularly 🤭. I was so engrossed with listening to IEMs and cables that between 9am and 7pm all I had all day was one small glass of water. And I only found that because I had to leave the hall to send a post and noticed the water jugs on the way out. 😃😃

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #43 of 348
HIGHLIGHTS:

Shangri-La amp + Lampizator DAC + Hifiman electrostatic headphones - out of this world sound with a price tag to go with it (£100k for the kit)

dCS Lina stack (£26k) + Hifiman Susvara and Focal Utopia - in the same league as the Shangri-La setup

Dan Clark Audio Stealth (borrowed from a fellow visitor) + Riviera Labs amp at far right corner of the room - in the same league as the Shangri-La and dCS Lina setup

LCD-X and LCD-XC on a portable Chord DACamp - couldn't tell these two apart, both really really good headphones, not sure if LCD-5 would beat them

Raal Requisite - difficult to fully appreciate due to the noisy environment but certainly a great full range sound, somewhat unexpected from an open baffle design, a design marvel built from quality materials - carbon fibre, stainless steel, aluminium and leather. I will listen to these at a dealer, pitch them against DCA Stealth, LCD-X and Focal Utopia.

HEDD audio - a really good sounding headphone but mechanically terrible cables, membrane giving out crackling noises on ear pads squashing, quite bulky and heavy on the head

Focal Utopia

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #44 of 348
Too noisy to tell for real, but I tried the Meze Empyrean on the DCS Lina and it was great, but didn’t see the amp or headphones as better than my HD800S (which are at home right now) with Qutest and Schiit Jotunheim,. The Meze did sound great on my Mojo2 so happy with that previous purchase.
I’m bringing the Sennheisers tomorrow for a session with the Lina in the DCS room not the Meze stand so can give impression of the Lina, but not the Meze.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #45 of 348

Wow, today was simply awesome! I had a blast getting to meet all of you today, and I have to say the highlight of the day was the non-stop wave of praise we got for our HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition!

Both the HIFIMAN Shangri-La and STAX SR-X9000 got a lot of head time, and I can't wait to hear firsthand which was your favorite.
ayy issa me

I gotta point out a dark horse which not as many people paid attention to as I expected- the inear prophile8! I tried a few various iems and am still remembering this one vivdly, it gave me my first 'wow' moment in a while, and completely destroyed my negative presumptions about ba bass (the bass on the thieaudio v16 was unbelievable too even though it was ba, I'm yet to demo 64 audio's sets yet though)

The only sets I weren't so impressed by were the fir audio offering (gold kinetic driver model) and astell and kern's iems (their daps sounded awesome and had great power tho. v nice reps too :) )

I brought somebody from my family (my mother with the stax) to the event and she found the event interesting (she hasn't really been introduced to audio gear like this and isn't really tech-oriented.). She especially liked the inear model (despite having tiny ears), the stax x9000 (handily my fave too) and the raal sr1b (she was really wowed by this, they were talking about it a lot).
I'll go alone tomorrow so hopefully I'll meet more of you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back