CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions
Oct 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #121 of 441
I didn't say that, but if that is as articulate as you can be, then yes, the dictionary is needed. On to more important matters....

Did anybody try any of the Light Harmonic stuff? I'm a bit peeved at their release of the Keep and how the Geek Wave has been put on the backburner. It looks like their priorities have completely changed since the campaign. They fooled me once, but never again. I'm expecting them to start building turntables and speakers any day now....
I hate to be a negative Nancy but man I'm glad I decided against backing the campaign for the Wave.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #122 of 441
I hate to be a negative Nancy but man I'm glad I decided against backing the campaign for the Wave.

At this point, I am wishing I could say the same. Unfortunately I got swept up in the hype. They are very good at generating hype. I am just hoping that one day the backers get something that even comes close to the claims.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #123 of 441

Ditto.
Didn't need a full on DAP anyhow with potential GUI headaches or one more device to worry about copying files onto...

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #124 of 441
  Maxvla is right you need to take a listen for yourself. I have been fooled in the past by great user reviews like on the Denon D2000 which turn out to be terrible for me.
Maxvla has the HD800 but it is not my favorite
I like the Stax but Maxvla seems not to like them too many faults? but has them in the past as far I can tell.
I have not read many reviews by Maxvla to form a opinion on how much we can agree at this point.
In the end I let my ears rule the day.
ksc75smile.gif

Problem is we live all the way Down Under. It could be a while before the Prime hits our shores!

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #125 of 441
  Problem is we live all the way Down Under. It could be a while before the Prime hits our shores!

George of Addicted to Audio has one for the upcoming show...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #126 of 441
Oct 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #128 of 441
Pleased to see Lambert Audio back in play. Gary Lambert made his reputation in New Zealand with highly innovative and good performing speakers. Though I owned B & W 801M speakers at the time, I fully intended to purchase a pair of Lamberts especially having had the pleasure of hearing him speak to our audio group. At least one of our members paired Lamberts with Audio Research tube gear IIRC. My intention was to pair them with home-grown Plinius amplification!

Effusion, were speakers part of Lambert Audio's line-up? TIA...

Edit: Oops, now I look more closely I see the speakers pictured are Lambert-badged. Small compared to previous models I saw and heard...

Yes, you are correct, the picture was of their component and speaker stack, that unfortunately I was not able to hear.  The speakers appear to be Lambert's "The Last Word", however I can't comment on how they sound.

The little "Play it by Ear" amp was really cool and sound very good paired with the 12au7 input tube.  It wasn't the best I've heard with the HD650s, but it had a nice sweet and smooth sound that may pair very well with other cans.  The HD650s can be picky and hard to drive, so results could be much better with easier loads.  It wasn't bad at all though and I was impressed with sound coming from such a small package.  I actually just bought a smaller OTL nightstand amp, but if I hadn't, the "Play it by Ear" would be a top contender for this purpose.

Below is another picture of The Audio Nerd's table at the show (the Lambert is in the center, between the cans):

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #129 of 441
^ Thanks!

Speaker design was Gary's true area of expertise. I know he worked in the 'States and China after leaving NZ and has obviously branched out.

:beerchug:

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #131 of 441

Asr,

My .02 cents, when writing public reviews, especially in a forum as widely read as this one, is a tremendous responsibility. A Writer need's to be cognitive of everything they ink, being aware of the impact they can have on the livelihood and success/failure of a small companies. For you to have written, in a "tongue and cheek" manner about a company or brand being "scam artists", really was quite irresponsible. I completely understand the VP of Sales responding as he did, making a powerful statement like that, without supporting and corroborating evidence borders on libel. A careless commit such as this can destroy a companies reputation, even if it was an unintended consequence of using a phrase that you had "in the can". A good editor, who understands the potential negative consequences of your statement, would removed it and requested a re-write. Nobody would want you to be anything less than honest, but there are a million ways you could have conveyed your opinions in non-libeled manner. Again just my opinion, but you should really weigh the consequences of anything you are going to write in a high traffic public forum, such as Head Fi, "the Golden Rule" is a good place too start. Peace. 

Peace indeed! Guys, we are hobbists, not professional reviewers and are perfectly entitled to trash a headphone we do not like whenever we feel like it...
I found the post from the Pendulumic rep and the subsequent mobbing of @Asr, polite in form, but substantially more off-color than the "scam" remark Asr made in his post. I know Asr since almost 10 years (scary!) and I am sure he listened to the Pendulimic very carefully before expressing his opinion (which I happen to disagree with, but this is not the point).

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #133 of 441
Onwards and upwards my friends!

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #134 of 441
Yes, to add to the redundancy of previous statements, let's move on and keep this thread on topic!

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #135 of 441
There were two things that was interesting in the 2-channel section of RMAF One was hearing Also sprach Zarathustra in surround sound. Never heard that piece that way before. Second was a portable listening room by TigerFox Is was sort of a "mancave" in the middle of the room by interlocking panels. You sit inside in a chair on the floor and you hear all the great sound from two monitors without the room acoustics smearing the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back